“Great Place in the Golden Zone”

Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Hudson wi
“Great Place in the Golden Zone”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you want a great place to relax and be close to all the super places in Mazatlan then the Playa Hotel is it. Clean, friendly and situated near a lot of restaurants within walking distance. Beautiful beach great staff Cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: well you can do the beach side or garden either way great rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tpyle
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear valued guest (Tpyle)

I would like to personally thank you for your recommendation of travel to our hotel, and your vote of confidence towards our staff. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you and yours in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service.

Best wishes and Safe travels,
044-669-913-4754

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Monterey, California
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I've been visiting Mazatlan for over 40 years, and continue to return to the Playa for many reasons. Firstly, It's just a beautiful resort, with not only the best beach, friendly and accommodating staff, but the owners continue to improve and upgrade the facility. This October, we met a few friends there from Northern California, and cheered the SF Giants in the new sports bar, ate an amazing dinner in the Italian restaurant, drank Modelo from tap at the terrace bar, watching the most amazing sunsets, and spent literally hours in the 90 degree ocean. Our daughter was married on the upper terrace in 2006, an event so intimate, yet spectacular; with fireworks, dancing, exquisite food, while embracing the rich culture of old Mexico. Needless to say, we love it there. I can connect to wifi on the beach with my iPad, work out in the gym, or just hang in a palapa and read.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Pam M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear valued guest (Pam M)

As always it is great to have you guys come and visit, it has always been and will continue to be our pleasure to server you and yours, hope to see you guys again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to make such a wonderful post, I will personally pass it on to our staff and executive team.
Please feel free to contact me direct prior to your next trip if I can be of personal assistance.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at The Playa Oct 15-20th,this was the 7th time we have stayed there and this time ..not sure what to think. We had our daughter from SanDiego meet us there so we needed at least 2 beds and really wanted a suite. My husbaand who is fluent spanish had called the Playa and relayed just that..we wanted a suite. When we arrived ..no suite..had no notes we were adding another person. This really seemed to be a problem , now I would guess the hotel was maybe at 20% capacity..It really should not of been a problem..oh well we did not get a suite..but finally did get a room with 2 beds. Other kinda bothersome things..the phone's were not working..and the elevator was not either. The Hotel is going to all-inclusive..but the only restaurant open was the main one...other 2 were closed? I just think the hotel has changed a lot since we first starting coming around 10 years ago. We did see some faces we knew..but a lot of new ones too. Ramon at the little lunch spot by main pool is gone. Also do yourself a favor..in that kind of humidity ask the maid not to mop..the floors never dry! It is weird getting up in middle of night and stepping on wet floors..Over-all we still love Mazatlan..just maybe we need to find another hotel.

Room Tip: We were in 4002 ocean view..
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sandiw
Dear value guest (sandiw)

I am writing in response to the comments posted during your stay here (Oct 15-20). I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had during this stay, as you noted from your previous visits, these kind of issues are not the norm, and I can assure that we are working hard to make sure that all the quirks get fixed. After being a traditional hotel for 60 years, taking on the all inclusive challenge has not been an easy transition and has required much change and remodeling, this being something that we do when our occupancy is low, since we have retained high occupancy from July to present you where here when we were in the process of completing some of these changes in our restaurants. We have in fact opened many new amenities and restaurants on property, and we would love for you and your family to experience them, note that we also continue to offer the traditional “European Plan” option.
I hope that we get the opportunity to change your mind about the direction in which we are going, as I would love to have the opportunity to continue to count on you as one of our clients. If I can be of service to you personally, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,
Calgary
Reviewed 25 October 2012

On our 7th annual drive from Calgary to Guayabitos, Nayarit we decided to spend our usual two days R and R in Mazatlan at Playa Mazatlan.

We made the reservation on line from Navojoa and everything was perfect when we arrived to check in. So perfect in fact that we decided to spend an extra day.

We decided on the AI option as we has been travelling for a while. The staff were excellent everywhere. The room was just great and the food and service were excellent at every meal. The shows they put on at dinner were top notch and most enjoyable.

Most of the other guests were Rotarians or Mexican Nationals- all having a good time. They obviously know a good place!

We will certainly visit next year on our 8th trip down- but for a week though!

Room Tip: We were in a garden view room- just fine- we didn't spend waking hours there anyway!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CalgaryOakside
Dear valued guest (CalgaryOakside)

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the long journey from Calgary to Mazatlan on your way to Guayabitos, I am very pleased to read your comments and I even recall our online conversations prior to your stay, your continued support and communication to the online world is much appreciated and I feel proud to know that we will have the opportunity to serve you and yours for a whole week during your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service.

Best wishes and Safe Travels,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Spent a relaxing week in Mazatlan at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. The hotel is clean and has great service and staff. Rooms are clean with ocean view, garden and pool view. All spectacular! Restaurant on site with great food and service. In the heart of the Golden Zone with amenities very close to the hotel. Within walking distance to many shops and stores. Absolute must take in the Mexican Fiesta night with food, drinks and entertainment!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorne R
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear valued guest (Lorne R)

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a positive comment about our facilities, amenities and staff. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you in the near future.
Best Wishes.

Foster City, California
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Our Rotary Club has gone to Mazatlan Mexico for over 12 years on Humanitarian Trips and we always stay at the Playa. What wonderful people! The rooms are charming, the food very good and the beach service fine. We love coming back to the hotel after a hard day of work and sitting on the beach enjoying cocktails and fellowship. We love it so much that we are coming early this year so we can have a few days of fun and relaxation. The Playa makes us feel like family.
See you Sunday!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front over by the quiet pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Martha B
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear valued guest (Martha B)

We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and fine comments, not only do we strive to make you feel like part of the family, we hope that all these years you know that you “are” part of the family. We look forward to one more year of great adventures, stories and unforgettable memories. Please let me know if there is anything that I can personally help you with.

Best wishes and safe travels.
Northern California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have vacationed in Mexico many times, but there was always the stress of how to get from A to B, where to find food and groceries, concerned for your safety, security and cleanliness of the accommodations. This was my first "all inclusive" vacation experience. It was also my first time traveling with kids. Frequent flights to and from Mazatlan. Easy taxi ride to Hotel Playa Mazatlan. I had wonderful experiences with the staff: kitchen, maid service, activities, concierge, maintenance, security, even the owners and administration. The food was delicious. The location was amazing not just for the beach shopping too. There is shopping just within the hotel compound or just walk across the street. There was entertainment or music every night. The beach was clean, the water was clean, the security was present but not obtrusive. Plenty of pools to choose from, secluded pool with waterfalls, party pool, kid pools, there is a pool for everyone. It was so easy! I was actually on vacation and got to relax.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lia S
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear valued guest (Lia S)

I would like to personally thank you for such a gracious comment about our property and your home in Mazatlan. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to partake in our activities and ambience while at the same time finding the opportunity to relax. I hope to have you on premises again soon, and if I can personally be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes and safe travels.