“what a way to relax”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It is my fifth trip to the Playa and was accompanied by friends who had never experienced Mexico. The rustic charm of the hotel, the location, the staff and the room were as usual excellent. After a week of touring, sunning and enjoying the experience of kibitzing with Roberto and Henry on the beach has made it a great experience for them and all of what I have come to expect. A return trip is in the plans already!

Room Tip: An ocean room will give you waves of the water, a gaden room will give quiet, and a pool side room w...
1  Thank Alan M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear valued guest (Alan M)

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, I am proud and happy to hear that we have earned the opportunity to serve one of your referrals, and have already began to help in planning your next stay. We will look forward to serving you and yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting this up for you.
Also, I love the way that you have segmented and recommended the hotel rooms, I might have to use it for some of our marketing!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Had a great time at this location. Restaurants were very good and the service was first class. Lots of amenities.....a great vacation. Really enjoyed the massage mid trip, just made it extra relaxing......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear valued guest (Bryan R)

I am writing in appreciation for your time in making this comment, as well as the positive light that you shed on our property, service and amenities. We will look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. Everyone was very helpful and cheerful and I would like to especially mention Celia in the front desk and Pedro and Julio, waiters at La Terraza. We had an oceanfront unit and could hear the ocean waves even with the sliding door closed...which we loved. Food at Casa Roberto and La Terraza was also good. We didn't have the buffet they offer daily but our friends enjoyed it. The female singer at La Terraza has a pleasant voice and I enjoyed her songs, esp. the old love songs which were my Grandma's favorites. We came to celebrate Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary. We arrived on the last day of the Carnaval and the Malecon is walking distance from the hotel. Marcela gave a great hot stone massage. Great location. Perfect place for rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: Ocean front. Probably would have preferred top floor so you won't hear the chairs being dragged...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest (nikoslola)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment about your experience here at the Playa Mazatlan Beach Hotel. I will personally congratulate Celia, Pedro and Julio for impacting your stay with their service. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have been going to the Playa for over 10 years. It is like returning home. The staff are all so welcoming. The hotel itself is well kept and clean. They have made changes that include new restaurants. The new Italian restaurant provides superb ambiance with view of the ocean. The service is first class and thanks to the chef, Fernando the food is out of this world. Definitely a need to visit. The concierge, Elizabeth is front and center, ready to assist whenever and wherever possible. She has an warm infectious smile which makes you feel right at home. We enjoy sitting under the palapa on the sand and watching the waves, parasailing and kibitzing with the beach vendors. This year we took friends with us. They had a wonderful time and agreed that everything we told them about the Playa was true! We are already looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the views are different. Ocean view has you looking out at the ocean and...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest (donna r)

Thank you so much for your kind words, referral and continued loyalty to our resort and destination. As always it is a pleasure to have you and we will look forward to serving you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting up your next trip. I will let Fernando know that you were impacted by his service and remember dinner at Georginis.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Room was good, food was good but then when I took a lunch from the hotel to go fishing they charged me 105 pesos. I was all-inclusive and feel that a bag lunch should have been provided for a day away. Other hotels I was assured my friends did this. You had a great thing going and then let it get away with this. I was disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: We had a semi-ocean view. NICE
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don C

Dear valued guest (Don C)

I am writing with concern over your experience with the box lunch, it has been a heated topic of debate within the hotel. We have decided to adopt a few changes to our policies so that our guests feel that we are taking care of issues such as these. Currently our policies state that all box lunches hold a separate price as they are not listed as an all inclusive meal, moving forward we will continue to adopt changes in policy so that there are no miss-understanding or upset clients. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting up your next trip.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

This is the third time we have spent Christmas at the Hotel Playa. As always, everything was great. The staff always remembers us. My kids love Christmas (or any other time) here. The beach cannot be beat. There are many activities for the kids and adults to enjoy. A great vacation!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear valued guest (Dsandman)

Thank you so much once again, for your continued support and appreciation. You guys will always be received as family her and we look forward to having the opportunity to celebrate many more memories with you and yours.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We recently returned from Mazatlan. While there we stayed at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. We have stayed there before and plan on returning every year. The employees go above and beyond what is expected of them. The hotel location is perfect. Centrally located and within walking distance or a short Pulmonia (taxi) ride to ample restaurants and shopping. If you go to Mazatlan check out the following: Huana Coa Zipline/Tequila Factory Tour, Stone Island Tour, Old Mazatlan for shopping or you can buy your own shrimp and lobster then take it across the street to a place to have it cooked and served the way you like (I reccommend El Ancla De Oro), Friday nights at Gringo Lingo's for dinner and karaoke, Diego's for dinner and live music. There are so many more that I could add. You make your own adventure.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room for great sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest (AlanC)

It sounds like you are a returned traveler to our port, and I am happy to hear that we have had the opportunity to be listed as one of your recommendations, I can only say that I agree with pretty much all of them, I would also recommend the trip to EL Quelite for the day, there you will have the opportunity to have great food and watch a traditional Ulama game. We hope to be of service to you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service personally.