Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$196
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$123
US$113
Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotels.com
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$184
Hotels.com
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$106
Priceline
US$177
US$145
Cancelon
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$181
Emerald Estates(Mazatlan)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$2,533
2,012 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach serviceall inclusive planbeach vendorsbeach areahotel restaurantnorth sidemexican fiestamain poolopen aircommon areas
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We just got back from Mazatlan. Very cold there this year. Maybe a high of 78 during the day and about 40 at night. The heated pool was great during the day. The first night they put us in room 129 and against our better judgement we stayed there. The music from Joe's Oyster Bar was blasting until 4:58 A.M. when it finally quit. My husband went down to the front desk first thing in the morning and they switched us to room 3005, totally on the other side of the hotel. Very nice room and no complaints.Not many people around at all and many of the stores have closed up since we were there last. We found it safe to walk and go where ever we wanted.
We were told that the cruise ships are supposed to start coming back to Mazatlan in October and that should help their economy. Don't know the truth for sure some say that the cruise ships quit coming there because some people got robbed, others say it is because Mazatlan was charging the cruise ships six grand to dock for the day. Everyone was very friendly especially Alex in the gym. ver all a very good vacation at the Playa Mazatlan.

Room Tip: We had a ocean view room 3005. Other good rooms with ocean view are 3004, 1005, 1004 and any other rooms away from Joe's Oyster Bar. They blast the music whether there are customers or not.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear valued guest (CheeseheadsII)

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your last stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your room change when requested. Although we have an ordinance for the level of music and the time at which the music has to stop, we sometimes cannot control what goes on next door. We will continue to work on resolving that issue and will point out that we have upgraded most of the units on the south side of the hotel to have double paned windows in an effort to counteract this problem. We appreciate your recommendations for travel and as well thank you for the kind comments about the status of our Port. Hopefully all the politics will get resolved and the cruise ships will again offer people the opportunity to come and visit this little piece of paradise that all us Mazatlecos and all of our guests get to enjoy.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service in planning your next visit.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

My wife and I have been staying there for 9 years now. I have never had a complaint until now. We booked a double double room and didn't get one. I could have paid $10 a night less and got a better room with queen or king size ocean view. I was really disappointed this time, I think you are catering to the all inclusive and not the ones who come every year, just my opinion. I also know a couple that had booked their trip months ago and they did not get the room what they paid for. I don't know what your idea of double double is but mine is 4 nice beds in an upper floor with some room. I think maybe you should confer with the different online travel agencies and get things straightened out. I was disapponted in my acomandations this time, but I will be back. I love the hotel and the people, I just felt like I didn't get what I thought and paid for was top dollar for a room. We will be back, soon, usually try and come down twice a year. Guess I will have to call ahead and find out.what the room rates are.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skeeter320
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear valued guest (skeeter320)

I am writing in response to your comment about not being able to receive the room you expected as well as having the feeling that we cater only to all inclusive guests. First let me note that we are still very honored to have returning guest and the last thing that I want to hear is that you feel that we did not treat you as traditionally expected. I would love to have the opportunity to assist you personally in the selection of your room, so that we can make sure that it does not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Secondly we thank you for giving us an opportunity to change your mind during your next trip. We will continue to strive for excellence in service and although we have hit a couple of speed bumps along the way as we add options. I give you my personal promise that we will not forget or change what has made us successful. Please feel free to contact me direct.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was our 12th visit to Mazatlan and we have stayed at the Playa each time. It just gets better every year !!! The service is always great and the rooms are kept very clean with great views .The location of the Playa is perfect to the beach and gold zone resturants .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest (steve s)

Thank you once again for yet another year of great memories, I think that this one will stick with me. It was great getting to know you and yours better and I look forward to having the opportunity next year to continue building the memories. I’m glad to hear you guys made it home safe. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct next year, so that I can make sure to “select” your room again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

It is my fifth trip to the Playa and was accompanied by friends who had never experienced Mexico. The rustic charm of the hotel, the location, the staff and the room were as usual excellent. After a week of touring, sunning and enjoying the experience of kibitzing with Roberto and Henry on the beach has made it a great experience for them and all of what I have come to expect. A return trip is in the plans already!

Room Tip: An ocean room will give you waves of the water, a gaden room will give quiet, and a pool side room would be perfect for small families.
1  Thank Alan M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear valued guest (Alan M)

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, I am proud and happy to hear that we have earned the opportunity to serve one of your referrals, and have already began to help in planning your next stay. We will look forward to serving you and yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting this up for you.
Also, I love the way that you have segmented and recommended the hotel rooms, I might have to use it for some of our marketing!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Had a great time at this location. Restaurants were very good and the service was first class. Lots of amenities.....a great vacation. Really enjoyed the massage mid trip, just made it extra relaxing......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear valued guest (Bryan R)

I am writing in appreciation for your time in making this comment, as well as the positive light that you shed on our property, service and amenities. We will look forward to being of service to you again soon.