Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$90
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$123
US$112
Hotels.com
Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$97
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$142
Cancelon
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$137
  • Pool
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
US$177
US$145
Cancelon
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$201
Emerald Estates(Mazatlan)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$2,457
2,012 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach serviceall inclusive planbeach vendorsbeach areahotel restaurantnorth sidemexican fiestamain poolopen aircommon areas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I recently spent 3 days at this hotel and found it very clean, room well furnished and the staff very helpful and polite. The hotel restaurant was about average and I looked at the buffet and passed on that every day, pleanty of places to eat and drink within short walking distance. The hotel beach is very clean and the view fantastic. The evening lounge entertainment was above avarage and the dance floor quite large. I will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffin09Z
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear valued guest (Tiffin09Z)

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post a critique. We will look forward to serving you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Arrived Feb 26 and departed March12. We were given a choice of three to four rooms with the help of the front desk and especially Jose the bellman. He spoke perfect English which helped us a lot . Settled for a ocean view room 112. The best room we have ever stayed in a resort and rite on the beach with a great patio. Access to every thing. The hotel is a great place to enjoy mexican decore. Its only 4 storys high with great landscaping. The staff are constantly cleaning and washing floors through out the complex. Room cleaning exceptual. We eat occasionally in the large dinning area with no complaints. Most people were all inclusive . We chose to eat at the many restaurants in and around the area. Mostly at the "Pannama." The hotel has a doctor and nurse which we used once for a minor detail not related to Hotel problems. This was helpful and received prescription for same. Thanks to Dr. Martha Ramirez and her staff. Should mention The room was large and a great shower and I'm sure all the other rooms were the same. Exceptional renovations must of occurred through out the many years this original hotel was built. Would like to thank Rual , a most friendly manager of this hotel. He certainly made our stay memorable and would return again. Good thing about this hotel is its location and rite on the great beach. Easy access to Taxi's and the good Bus service which can take you down town in 10 minutes or to shopping Malls or modern Mega grocery stores. You can rent a fridge or microwave if you wish. Room service and beach food service is fast and freindly.. Over all forget Waikiki and go here to relax and enjoy. This complex would cost 300.00 plus in Waikiki and still would not be rite on the beach. Should say the nitly band and dancers were real good. Can walk anywhere in Mazatlan and people are friendly and help ful. You will enjoy Mazatlan. We have been there three times over 25 years , with no problems. Have also been to Hawaii over 40 times. Hawaii has over priced itself with little renovations . Will now consider the Latin countries. Tip the staff and maids . They do appreciate your kindness. vic

Room Tip: I like ocean view patio, don't have to take stairs or elevator , However, would take rooms on main pool or side pools and garden view is also great. We stayed in room 112.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic-Edmonton
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear valued guest (Vic-Edmonton)

I am pleased to hear that we again exceeded expectations. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a comment/critique about your stay, our staff, the resort, our amenities and the port itself. It is quite a recognition to be compared to a world renowned destination as is Waikiki. I will personally pass on your recognition to Dr. Ramirez, Mr. Raul and our staff. It is always a pleasure to be of service, and we will look forward towards having the opportunity to be of service to you once again, in the near future. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have been coming to Mazatlan for 16 years. We always stay at La Playa Mazatlan. It becomes more beautiful over time. The food, people and hospitality are incredible and the room we stay in with an ocean view is perfect. This past time we participated in a morning activity, "stretching", with Mario who is on staff with La Playa now. It was great for me and my husband to stretch in the morning before we began our day. We shall return again and again!

Room Tip: Always get an ocean view if you can. It is well worth it!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Dear valued guest (Dana)

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the changes in amenities and activities around the hotel. It is always one of our biggest concerns, that one of our repeat guests might not like one of the changes. We will continue to strive for excellence in the hopes of guaranteeing a new and wonderful experience for you and yours every time you come and stay. Please feel free to contact me direct in future if I can be of any form of service to you.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed at Playa Mazatlan the first week of March 2013. We have stayed here four times prior to this visit. This was the first time with the all inclusive package. The hotel was nice and clean as always. The breakfast buffet was really good. The best place to eat by far was the Italian restaurant on the roof. The tenderloin dish was awesome. We had the same dish twice. The service at this restaurant was really good as well. We went to Casa Roberto and were told the restaurant was not part of the all inclusive package. Honestly, I think it was a lack of communication. We found out from the girl at the sports bar that it is part of the package.
The snack bar by the pool, didn't have a lot of different options for food, but the food they did make was ok. The problem our party of four had with the snack bar was the service. It was poor at best. I agree with one of the other reviews, that there were a lot of people standing around, and only one guy working. He didn't have a name tag. There was one guy that spent much of his time leaning on the snack bar, not helping " name tag guy" at all, his name was Efrain I think. Again, I agree with one of the other reviews, that the drinks, although tasty, didn't contain much alcohol. We started asking for shots to put in our drinks, which definitely made them much better.
The sports bar drinks were good.
The service on the beach by Humberto was outstanding, and the other waiter (can't remember his name, but has been working there for 25 years) was also awesome.
The beach is beautiful and the area is super clean.
We booked a city tour with a beach vendor Ernesto, it was a rip off. If you want to book your own city tour just ask one of the pulmonia drivers, they will take you and it's not expensive at all.
Overall we had another great holiday in Mexico and I'm sure this will not be our last visit to Playa Mazatlan.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear valued guest (thedogandus),

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable critique and direction on some of our areas of opportunity. I am glad to hear that your experience overall was a positive one, and that we will retain the honor of your traveling loyalty. As we continue to adapt and grow our refined business plan, we will strive to maintain the level of excellence that we have become known for over the last 60 years of hospitality service. I apologize for some of the miss communications issues that you mention, as you are correct, all of our facilities are included in the “All Inclusive program”. We have grown our service team by approximately 80%, which has put us on a bit of a learning curve for many of our staff members. We are sure that with the experience of our long time team members and the leadership of our management and executive team, we will continue to learn and improve in the hopes of making sure that all opportunities are foreseen and handled appropriately.
I will again personally thank Humberto and Alfredo (the other waiter on the beach) for maintaining their quality in service and helping us make our returning guest feel comfortable and attended to. I will as well continue working with the bartenders, bar management and service managers in and around the pool and other areas, in the hopes of correcting what seems to be a re-occurring issue, that I am sure will be corrected before the next time you visit.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service in setting up your next stay or in planning and booking your trip.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We went to the Playa Mazatlan in February of 2013, to escape a very cold, and very gloomy winter in Niagara Ontario Canada.. Our goal was to visit a city on the ocean, a city with history and art and a beautiful beach. We wanted to stay at an authentic Mexican resort, not a Disney version. To that end, we met and exceeded all of our goals.

Hotel Playa is the oldest hotel on the beach in Mazatlan. The location is perfect, the beach is beautiful and the grounds of the hotel are lovingly kept up. It is probably one of the cleanest resorts I have ever been too. There was always someone cleaning the walkways and I never saw so much as a scrap of paper on the grounds. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. From changing our room on arrival to give us a better (ocean) view at no extra cost, to trying their best to make sure an omelette is made the way you want it. We enjoyed the heated swimming pools in the morning and the ocean in the afternoon.

The resort has 2 a la carte restaurants that I thought were so good, Casa Roberto near the street and the Italian Restaurant with the romantic vista overlooking the ocean. You do not need a reservation to these and you can go as many times as you like. I loved not having to plan....the buffet was excellent for breakfast with lots of fruit and bacon cooked to order. The coffee was the best!!

The staff in Casa Roberto especially were excellent, the "2 Martins" and the lovely young woman at the desk. We enjoyed Coronas with lime and the best Quesadilla we ever had. Celia at the front desk was very helpful and really everyone went out of their way to make sure you had the best stay possible.

We booked 2 excursions thru "Billy" of Sunwing; a City Tour (which while it would have been possible and very safe for us to do this on our own, the tour gave us a historical overview we could not have gotten without a guidebook) and a catamaran tour of the city skyline and a picnic at the island across from our resort (Deer Island). The catamaran trip was wonderful, relaxing and the sights were lovely from the sailboat. I should have used more sunscreen though as the water made the sun that much more reflective and I burned a bit (oh well!)

Our room had a king size bed with lots of pillows, a nice big bathroom with a spotless shower and lots of hot water and a flat screen TV, the balcony overlooked a beautiful Mexican courtyard with a fountain and the ocean. We did not need to use the air conditioning in the room, instead sleeping with the balcony doors open to hear the ocean and feel the breezes. Heavenly.

My boyfriend likes to metal detect and was able to do this easily and safely on the beach, he also snorkels but the snorkeling was better at Deer Island. I enjoyed swimming and walking the beach, the weather while a little bit cooler than usual was perfect for enjoying the outdoors.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings. I would to thank the staff for taking such good care of us! We will return.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room, let them know, they do their best to make you happy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SunLovers069
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear valued guest (SunLovers069)

I am writing in appreciation for your kind words about our facility, staff, beach, destination, amenities and the overall experience that you had at the hotel. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to make such a great critique. It sounds like you as well had a chance to enjoy much of our city and varied amenities. We appreciate you making note of the safety and recommending people on what they can do here.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service to you.