“Not worth The money”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
“Not worth The money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

No Ice Makers, No Fridge In The ROom. Had To Ask For Wash Clothes Every Day. No English Channels On Tv, Even Though The Tv GuiDe Said They Did. Pay A Little More And Go Some Place Nicer. Everything Was Old And Not Cheap Either..

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank csaindon
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am writing in response to your comments about our property in the hopes of correcting what seems to be a miss-perception.

- No ice makers – We do not have ice makes in the room, yet there are many icemakers in and around our kitchen, that we are happy to make readily available to our guests.
- No Fridge in room – as you will note on our site we have multiple categories of rooms, some do and some don’t have refrigerators, but the option to have one put in for an added costs does exist in any of our room categories.
- Wash clothes every day – by this comment I am assuming towels, these are changed daily if the guest wishes by the maid service, yet we do invite all of our guests to join us in the conservation of water efforts. You will find a tent card displaying this information in your wash room.
- No English channels – I can assure that we do offer this option as I regularly stay in the hotel, the channels listed on your tent card notate the ones that are English only, Spanish only or shared language based on programming. In some cases the “SAP” button on the control is needed.
- Pricing – We find that we are not only competitively priced, but actually relatively in-expensive for the amenities received, please feel free to do a price check on similar or lesser properties.
- Everything was old – The property is 60 yrs old, yet we have a 10% remodeling policy yearly, a fact that you can find mentioned in most of the posting from our repeat clients.

I hope this re-directs some of your concerns and comments, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be if further service or provide further clarification. We hope that we have the opportunity to change your mind in the near future.

Best Wishes and safe travels,
LT VIENT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Atchison, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. It is clean and comfortable.
We had a view of the ocean from our room/balcony and it was postcard perfect.
We feel safe here and the staff was more than accomodating. Most spoke English and if not they found someone who could communicate with me.
The beach is very nice and has many cabanas to use and service is right at your seat!
We are planning another visit in December and will definitely make a reservation here.
And this time I am going to find out what the spa is all about!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank irishtravelers6812
Dear valued guest,

We look forward to your up and coming visit, and I am sure that you will find that the SPA services is a treat you don’t want to miss. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and rate us in a positive matter, it is always a pleasure to hear from our returning (and new) guests. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Best wishes and safe travels,
Sterling Heights
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice. Once for one night and the last time for a week. Both times we were happy with our room and the view. First view was a small pool and the last time we had a scenic view of the ocean and beach. We were there in the summer and it is plenty warm, but beware because each day around 4 PM the weather becomes cooler and breezy. The beach is great and there are many places to eat in the Gold Coast area. The snack bar by the pool has some great tacos ,etc,etc at reasonable prices. I have been through the other hotels in the area and I believe we got the best.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank James M
Dear valued guest,

We are excited to hear that we have had the opportunity to be of service to you and yours on more than one occasion now, we hope that we can continue to be of service to you, and that we may count on you as one more of our loyal and returning guest. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning your next stay.

Best wishes and safe travels,
Crockett, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our choice of Hotel Playa Maztalan for years has been the favorite of customers- It is located on the water, make our Copper Canyon Trip exceptional. So relax, shop, eat and be entertained with some of the most magnificent views on the Pacific.

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth the cost (west side) East side is quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank AwesomeAdventures813
Dear valued guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about our property, it is always a pleasure to be of service. We will look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Regards,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

While making a reservation with Playa Mazatlan by phone I was told that I am required to send:
1. A photocopy of both sides of my credit card
2. A photocopy of both sides of my identification card
3. A letter authorizing the hotel to charge my credit card

What's up with that? It's risky enough giving my cc info over the phone. Now I'm supposed to send them everything someone would need to steal my identity? Not gonna happen.

Hey Playa Mazatlan - my $3000 went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank SeattleFan98125
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear valued “potential” guest,
I am sorry to hear that your perception of these processes was the we would be looking to “steal your identity”. Our hopes are far from that. The reasoning behind requesting this information is clearly stated online through various forms. You will find that this is common practice with any hotel in Mexico due to the Federal requirements for making reservations over the phone “site unseen”. It is actually done in the hopes of protecting your identity and making sure that there is not a third party looking to obtain it. Since you are working “over the phone” there is not a company that can insure the charge as you would find online (IE: PayPal) or through a third party search engine (IE: TripAdvisor “Book Now”). I am sure that any of the highly trained personnel would have been happy to explain this process to you over the phone or via email if you so prefer to obtain it in writing. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy the property over your short trip as many of our guests have. I would be happy to personally be of assistance to you if you decide to visit us in future. At this point I would be happy to make arrangements for payment by any means you find most comfortable and reliable. Again we hope that we have the opportunity to be of service to you in future, and we are happy to hear that you where still able to visit Mazatlan and enjoy the many adventures, activities and amenities that our city has to offer.
Best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a great stay. The only thing that would improve was if we could get ice in room. The staff was super. Beaches very clean. We were at a friend's wedding and everything was beautiful. We would really love to return again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Edextr
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear valued guest (edextr)
We appreciate you taking the time to write a posting about your experience here at the hotel as well as you taking the time to travel to come and visit us. I will review the questions about the ice in the hopes of obtaining continued improvements. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can personally be of service to you.
Best wishes,
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

As a frequent guest of the Hotel Playa Mazatlan I arrived with already high expectations, these were quickly exceeded and as I had one of the best weeks of my life! As a travel proffesional I have stayed at other resorts in Mazatlan but always return to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan and I have decided to make this wonderful resort the specialty property for my website! I found out by the wonderful staff that this was my 20th stay at the property and I will be returning several more times including for Carnaval 2014! I would like to thank Lance the GM and Abril his assistant for going far out thier way to accommidate my wishes including a full tour of the property (it is an amazing place!) with several pools,spas, a first class weight room, day care, a zip line and a cave with water falls and a pyramid on the south side of the property! I would also like to thank Kirria for always handling my reservations flawlessly.

The staff including Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente all remembered me by name which is always complimental and my room (ocean view 110 this time) was fantastic! The food at Casa Roberto and Georgini's was outragously good and of course the dining and entertainment at La Terraza are the best in Mazatlan! My room and the grounds were always spotless and The Hotel Playa Mazatlan by far has the best beach of any resort in town. The resort is also in the middle of the hottest area in the Golden Zone with several restuarants, sports bars and night clubs with in walking distance. I can't wait for my next trip to the Hotel Playa and I can truly say I feel like this is my second home! Come to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, you'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: I recommend the Ocean View rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank parexcursion
Dear valued guest (Parexcursion)

I am writing in response to your most valuable post “Simply the best Hotel Anywhere “I am thrilled to hear that after 20 years of travel, you are still enthralled by our facilities, amenities, staff and location. It is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to make an impact n our guests. I will be looking forward to next time we meet and hopefully we can make time to catch up and hear about your success with establishing your site. It is not every day that i get to meet a client that has had an opportunity to interact with my grandfather and father as both a client and a business partner. I will personally let Abril, Kiria, Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente know that they received a commendation on your behalf. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can help you on your next reservation.
Best wishes and Safe travels,