“Still the BEST!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Laredo, Texas
“Still the BEST!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've been traveling to Mexico for over 20 years and this hotel is the reason why I return to Mazatlan so frequently. Mazatlan has always been affected by the negative media attention and the playa has continued to roll with the punches and provide a great place to relax and enjoy the true beauty of Mazatlan. I can't express how awesome this property, service, location has to offer. The playa has it all!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PhilVH20
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear valued guest,
It is an honor to have you as one of our loyal repetitive clients, I can only hope to continue to strive for excellence in filling the shoes of the management team before me. I will continue to work hard with my team, to make sure that we can provide you with at least another 20 years of Playa Mazatlan memories. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in establishing your next trip.
LT VIENT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Have stayed at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan dozens of times over the past thirty years and It always amazes me how clean the property and beach are kept. And their beach is the best.
My favorite at the Playa Mazatlan is the service. When I enter the beach restaurant most of the servers know me personally by name !!
I always feel comfortable at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan and would not consider staying at another hotel!

Room Tip: I like the northern "tower". Their new corner suites are beautiful !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear valued guest, (Gary)
We are proud and honored to hear that we are your home away from home, when visiting Mazatlan. Please note that over the thirty years that you have been visiting us, and the last three years since, I had the opportunity to meet you. we have become fond of our chats over coffee in the restaurant. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post this comment, as I know that you are probably busy fishing in some exotic area, or skiing near your cabin in Tahoe. Please stay in touch.

Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very clean and fun hotel and the staff are really friendly. The food is good as well. It's close to other hotels and attractions in mazatlan and it's cheap. Overall good hotel. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jamcox1
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear valued guest,
We appreciate your comments, and we will look forward to the next opportunity we have to be of service to you and yours. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Playa for several times. The location is perfectely situated with lots of shops and restaurants around. It's an old but charming hotel. The staff is very nice, sometimes a bit slow though. The ocean view rooms are the best. The beach is beautiful and the sunsets spectacular. Beach chairs are too uncomfortable and hard though, but with an extra pillow it's o.k. Most important for me: I feel safe there. I would go back any time! The only thing we didn't like were those Mexican bands that during sunset time and later stop at the beach and make incredible loud noise (not music!) with Tuba and trumpets.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view rooms to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to post us your comments. We are thrilled to hear that we have had the opportunity to be of service to you and yours on multiple occasions. It sounds like you where able to take advantage of what the hotel and our location has to offer. In regards to the “music” on the beach; we wish there was more that we could do, to alleviate some of the issues that this causes us, please note that we have been working hand in hand with the people whom govern this issue, and will strive to obtain a resolution that allots our guest to have peace and tranquility on our beach, yet we have no control of the public areas that border the hotel property. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you and yours in the near future. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.
Best Wishes and safe travels,
Elmwood Park, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went here as part of a cruise excursion. They had a lunch buffet with a Mexican dance show and singing. The hotel is clean right in front of the beach. Would stay here if I'm back in Mazatlan for a longer visit. The beach wasn't crowded but we still got asked a bit from the locals walking on the beach selling goods. My husband and daughter also rented a jet ski.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued visitor:

We are pleased to hear that we had the opportunity to impact your brief visit of our port. It is an honor to know that we met the expectations you had set of the hotel. I hope that we will have the opportunity in future to be of service to you and your family. Please feel free to contact me direct, if I can be of service in setting that up.

Regards,
Zacatecas
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We went to Mazatlan on out motorcycles. They let us park them in a separate area so they would be safe. The room was very comfortable although the bathroom was a little outdated. View from the restaurant was great but food only so so. There are lots of good restaurants nearby. The only thing i did not like is that the hotel is old and it has the pool in a plaza at the center of the hotel, not by the sea. Overall, very good value.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your comments, please note that we are currently in discussions on how we can accommodate an ocean side pool, as this seems to be the ongoing trends, we have also gone through a process of remodeling 85% of our rooms, perhaps during your next stay you can consider one of the 19 categories that we offer, I am sure one of them will have a bathrooms that will better suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in establishing your next trip.

Best wishes,
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Read the reviews and booked this hotel.Not quite what I was expecting.
The beach & location were good. Alot of areas to walk around.
The beach chairs were very very hard.So hard and you couldn't sit on them for any length of time.
The food was often cold and not very good.Except for the Italian restaurant. It was awesome!!
Very Mexican. Alot of locals at the hotel and very little English spoken from staff.
Bed were very hard and so were the pillows. All in all I would not go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear valued guest,
I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to make a comment about your stay, albeit it is not the kind of comment that I am traditionally looking for, we receive all points accordingly, and will work towards a resolve. In regards to the beach chairs; these are a “signature” of the hotel, as they have been with us for many years, they are designed ergonomically yet are made out of fiberglass, so I can understand the comment about them being hard, please note that retaining any kind of equipment near the Ocean is extremely hard, which is the reason why we use such “sturdy” materials. I will take your point in to consideration and perhaps begin offering cushions, please note that most clients speak in a positive manner about these chairs and have even expressed interest in purchasing them. I am glad to hear that you approved of our Italian restaurant. The staff is currently immersed in an English course in the hopes of increasing their communication ability with our guests, yet note that the hotel does cater to Mexican clients as well, and you will always come across more Mexicans than you do North Americans or Canadians when visiting Mexico. In regards to the hard beds, the hotel offers 19 different categories of rooms, some with varying levels of mattresses, perhaps I can be of service in better selecting a room that would suit your needs during a potential future visit. If we do not receive the honor of serving during your visit, please note that Mazatlan has a high variety of rooms and room types to suit all needs, I would be happy to as well help in going through options. We hope you will visit Mazatlan again soon.