“Home Away From Home”

Hotel Playa Mazatlan
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Rooms are comfortable, staff is friendly and the hotel and grounds are kept very clean. The beach is great. You can spend all your time at the resort and relax or attend various events provided. You are also right in the middle of the action if you choose to go out. I have stayed at Playa Mazatlan on many vacations and from the minute I arrive, until I leave, I feel right at home. Security is top notch, so there are no worries in that regard. I will continue to return as often as I can. I would recommend the Playa Mazatlan to anyone looking for a vacation destination.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dea valued guest,

We feel honored by Reading your comments about your various experiences over the years here on property, with our staff, enjoying the amenities and visiting your favorite places in and around town. I am glad to hear that we have won your loyalty in what is a very competitive market. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Mazatlan

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was excellent room really nice all wood furniture view great very rustic theme staff always cleaning grounds walking surface and pool area we would reccommend this hotel to anyone I would most likely go back there Food was okay but repiticious
Evelyn and Horst

Room Tip: south sides quieter and we liked having the ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear valued guest,
We appreciate your kind comments about our facilities, services and good practices. We will look forward to receiving you again in the near future, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been repeatedly going to Mazatlan & staying at the Playa Mazatlan for the past 3o years. The staff are very accommodating,& being there as often as we have, we consider them friends & family. We feel very secure there, & would not think of going elsewhere ! We would recommend anyone going to Mazatlan, to stay at the HOTEL PLAYA MAZATLAN !

Room Tip: We preferred staying at a corner suite as they seemed larger, & we liked getting up & walkin...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rozanne W
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear valued guest,
We appreciate your vote of confidence and loyalty to out brand. We feel honored to be considered amongst your friends and family and look forward to the next time that you will be celebrating Mazatlan and all of its beauty here with us. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The resort is great, rooms are updated and comfortable, not luxurious but that's ok. The grounds are very well kept, very clean. Loved the set up on the beach with the umbrella huts. Service was exceptional! The only complaint we had was regarding food and drinks. With the all inclusive plan, we were only allowed to have the inexpensive alcoholic drinks, and they were terrible! The reviews we read mostly said that the food was fine but we found it to be below average, very much like a buffet you would get at a Western Sizzlin in the states. For example, one night one of the items on the dinner buffet were hot dogs, the next morning, their were hot dogs cut up in the scrambled eggs and also hot dogs labeled as "sausage". We were allowed to eat at the Italian restaurant any time we wanted to, the setting as well as the presentation of the food was perfect, as good as any nice restaurant I've been to, but the quality of the food was similar to the buffet. I ordered raviolis one night and they had the same red sauce that tasted very much like ketchup, no flavor at all, that the pizza I got for lunch by the pool had on it. The pizza was so bad that I actually threw it away. The food was so bad that we even went out for food and drinks part of the time even though we had already paid for the all inclusive plan. This is such a shame because for the price, you can't beat this resort, but because of the quality of the food, we won't return :(

Room Tip: Definitely go for the beach view rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vacationer122

Dear valued guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your experience in the hotel, and I am happy to hear that you left with a good review about our facilities, services and amenities; yet we are disheartened to hear about your experience with both our food and drinks. I am not sure what was going on during the period in which you visited that would so drastically change our quality standards, to the points that you mention, but I will personally take it up with our chef and his staff. As a member of a large family and father to three, I can’t think of any good experience or celebration in my life that did not take place around some form of food or dining table, so I feel strongly about the importance of offering high quality good tasting food. Note that we do work with various similar products prepared in different ways as this is what the local market offers, but it should never taste like the same dish over and over again, we will work on increasing the variety of product so that we may meet the needs of even our most demanding clients. Our aim is always to please, and not being able to offer great food while being in Mexico should be and will be an impossibility. Although you mention you will not return, I hope that one day you will come by and look at some of the changes I will strive to make. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

For Mexico this is a great safe place to stay , have stayed many times, clean and safe, The staff is attentive but slow as it is Mexico. If you want to go have a great time and be right on the beach or three different swimming pools all in one place this is it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear valued guest (BobG)
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As a local I would like to thank the rotary club for their continued support of our city and people. We look forward to many more seasons together. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you personally.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My 7 yr old grandson and I stayed for a week last Thanksgiving for the second time. Authentic Mexican experience, great staff, very best beach, delicious food; what more could you ask for? Ocean view rooms in tower are absolutely amazing! Our #1 choice of all resorts in, Mazatlan! We shall return next Thanksgiving vacation! Hope to see you there; you won't regret your choice! Thank you Hotel Playa Mazatlan for the unforgetable vacations!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear valued guest (ImissMaz)
Thank you for your promise of continued support, and enthusiasm towards our brand, it is a pleasure to hear that we were able to accommodate both you and your grandsons desires. It is thrilling to hear about what we call generational travel. Our family has been managing and maintaining the property for 4 generations now, and we look for sutainable tourism by creating amenities that appeal to all members of a family. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

First trip to Mazatlan and first time @ Playa Mazatlan in November 2013 for 2 weeks. What a great hotel and Beach!! Just as my friend/traveling companion said it would be, but more!! Staff was incredible, hard-working, and friendly. Food was so good, that I look @ my pics all the time, mouth watering.Layout of hotel was fascinating, as everyday I found a new niche! Best Beach in all of Mazatlan, right at your feet, your vision, and at breakfast,lunch @ dinner. My balcony view was spectacular. Hard to compare any beach hotel with Playa. Will certainly return. Great value too!! Thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms near tower on first floor had that spectacular view. Third floor tower room facing ocean w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest (ometwin)
We are thrilled to hear that we impacted your opinion of Mazatlan in such a positive fashion, as I tell all my guest that the only insecurity that you will go through while you are here is whether or not you want to go back home. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have earned the right to have our guest visit again. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of personal service in setting up your next visit.

Best Wishes and safe travels,