My wife and I were quite disappointed with a few things at Hotel Playa Mazatlan during our stay (from November 17th - November 24th). The hotel was recommended by a family member that stayed there numerous times before but I feel that there are issues which should be resolved for future guests otherwise I don't think this will be the last complaint about them.
1. BAD - Too Many Wasps! I was told that this is 'bee season' which I do not believe. We were constantly surrounded by wasps while eating at La Terraza. Our family member on one day ordered an omelet and there was a wasp cooked into it. On another day my wife was eating hot cakes and there was one in her syrup and then when the waiter brought out another jar of syrup there were two more inside of the jar! This hotel and only one other hotel (Casa de Oro) are the only two hotels along the Golden Zone which had wasp problems outside; we had been in all of the hotels within the zone and believe me when I say that you are the only two hotels with this problem.
2. BAD – La Playita (Closed). The website indicates that this is a place to eat but I have never seen it open during our week long stay nor have we noticed any hours of operation. They should (if it is closed down) place this information on their website or put a sign up outside of the window claiming that it is closed for business, it is quite misrepresenting when I expect 2 eateries at a hotel and there is only one open/available.
3. BAD – Overpriced Alcohol. We had been both on the beach and at La Terraza and both times the daiquiris were small (one ounce of liquor) and overpriced (about 550 or more pesos). Every place that we went to outside of the hotel had twice as much alcohol (large fishbowl glasses – 2 ounces) for less than 500 pesos and for me the Pacifico beer was usually 2 for 1 or at least the price reflected it elsewhere.
4. BAD – Incorrect Tour Pricing. At the Concierge desk there is a price board indicating that the Country Tour is $550 pesos but when we went to pay for it they said that it was now $660 pesos. I will not complain to the Concierge as it would be too lengthy to explain and I do not think it would help but in Canada they would have to honor the price marked on the board (at the very least, put a piece of paper with the new price and tape it to the board).
5. BAD – Maid Service. On our second day we placed the ‘Do not disturb’ sign in our key-card slot and went shopping. When we arrived back in the early afternoon the cleaning lady was in our room. We asked why she was in there and she said the sign was not in the door, YES it was because I was the person that put it in there before shutting the door. This is unacceptable!
6. GOOD – Friendly staff.
7. GOOD – Location.
As there is more bad than good to mention about this hotel/stay, we are not going to return to Hotel Playa Mazatlan unless some of these issues are resolved or that there is something is guaranteed as an incentive to return to this location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Playa Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Playa Hotel
- Hotel Mazatlan Mexico Playa
- Playa Mazatlan Hotel