“My Vacation Home!”

Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Mazatlan
Los Angeles, California
“My Vacation Home!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was the first year my daughter and I visited Pueblo Bonito in November, since our time share week is in March, and as always for the past 25 years, it was a super relaxing vacation. We swam every evening at sunset (PB has the best beach in Mazatlan) and were amazed that everyone wasn't out there with us, enjoying the brilliant colors and the transformational feel of the ocean at dusk. We never sit out around the pool or take in the activities, as it's too crowded for us and we prefer the beach, even with the ever-present vendors. Warning: you have to get up early to put a towel on your palapa lounges or you might not get a chair on the beach!
The hotel is always so accommodating and the staff friendly and welcoming. Once in awhile something goes wrong in the room - a light bulb or tv issue - and someone comes to fix it immediately. If we come at another time then our usual week, reception always makes an effort to get us the best room possible. We pretty much stay at the hotel the whole day, having breakfast on our patio, lounging/drinking margaritas/eating lunch on the beach, painting little ceramics to take home, often eating at Cilantro's or at Angelo's in the evening, where they make a delicious Caesar Salad and Crepe Suzette at your table. The location is excellent - shops and restaurants within walking distance, a quick pulmonia ride downtown (we went to the Opera this year during Cultura Mazatlan), and the local bus goes directly to the Golden Zone and the stop is right in front of the hotel. I will be sorry when my time share runs out in 2017, this is really a special, wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank blond_design

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A good place to stay. I was here with my family before new year and it was very funny. This resort has so many advantages, by example location, pools, Angelo restaurant, concierge service, vallet parking, rooms, beds, and others. However, only one thing was bad. The cleaning, the personal who made, needs supervision, the people was very attent, but don't do the work well. The cleaning to the room should be better. Other aspect that should to be better is the buffet. it was poor, at least in breakfast, we don't like at the palomas restaurant. I visit Pueblo bonito emerald too and it is very, very nice place.

Room Tip: Master suits ar better
1 Thank Andres J
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for your comments, which help us improve the quality of the services in our hotel, we can assure that we are taking action based on the feedback given above.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am amazed at all of the positive reviews about this resort. I travelled with my adult daughter over Christmas and New Year and like others took ages to check in. The front desk male could not get rid of us fast enough to the time share people and they had to go back to him to get our room number, keys, pool towel slip etc....trying to obtain information was very difficult and not speaking Spanish was a problem at this resort. Mostly Mexican families staying here which was probably to be expected over the holidays however they definately received preferential treatment. We would not go back. The huge positive was all of the restaurant, pool, bar staff were wonderful. Too bad the front desk people could not have been as great

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the building. We had a suite and our bedroom was on the street and...
3 Thank Wavi62
Dear Wavi62,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions about your past experiences during your stay with us, we will continue working hard to improve the quality of our services and we really hope to welcome you anytime in the near future to serve you the way you deserve.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

A Place in Paradise

If there were a heaven on earth, it would be at Hotel Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. I have been coming here for 24 years, I find it to be a place where you can relax and ignore everything else that is going on in the world. It has comfortable rooms, two pools, and a beach with a beautiful view of the ocean. Samuel, Fermin, Cindy and Eduardo provide daily pool, beach and other games for all age groups. I especially like the card and bingo games. It has three restaurants - Las Paloma's, Cilantos, and Angela's. My favorite is Alfredo Mar Profundo, an Alfredo seafood pasta. If you desire pool or beach service, there are several waiters always available to take you order. My favorite is their Margarita on the rocks, but they can and will provide you with whatever you desire. As I sit here by the pool and write this, I am totally relaxed and enjoying the 80 degree weather, while soaking up the sun, instead of the cold ice and snow storms that have been hitting the Midwestern U.S. So if you like warm weather, sunny days, relaxation, and have a passport, you also might fall in love with this place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Edie S
Mercer Island, Washington, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our stay at pueblo bonito mazatlan is always so much fun! Eduardo and the activities staff make the vacation great for the entire family! The pool side games and nightly entertainment were amazing! An excellent hotel experience we would recommend to all our family and friends

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have returned for the second successive year with 13 guests to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlán. The atmosphere and hospatility is excellent. We range in age feom 10 years old to 55 years old and every age group has thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We will be returning every year for this FULLY INCLUSIVE experience.

Room Tip: Preferably try and get a room in the old wing that overlooks the pool, activity center and all the f...
1 Thank Joel S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have mixed feelings about this resort.

Cons:
--upon check in at the resort (after a 6 hour flight) we were are immediately hit up to go to the sister resort Emerald Bay for a timeshare presentation. This costs you a $20 deposit per person. They try to set you up to go first thing on your second day, and give you an 'incentive' to go. We were all inclusive so our "incentive" as free wifi. Otherwise the wifi cost $15/day. I was exhausted and just wanted to get to our room and had to ask 3 times if we could discuss later. The woman then proceeded to make a comment about our age (and ask us our age) with a remark about us being too young to be interested in a timeshare. When we let her know we were late 20's she was surprised and then made a comment about two women together not being interested in a timeshare. I informed her that - my sister - and I, were indeed, not interested in a timeshare. Check in took way too long due to this process.
--This is my biggest complaint of the resort: black mold. In our first room, the mold was so bad that immediately my sister and I had a bad reaction and on the second day we asked to move to a different room. Our request was accommodated but the damage was already done (and there was mold in the second room as well) so I continued to get sicker and sicker. (think hacking cough, trouble breathing, pain in lungs etc.) We couldn't turn on the AC as this made it a million times worse. It got to the point that I was coughing up blood due to the black mold so we ended up leaving our vacation 4 days early so I could get away from the mold. I would not recommend this resort due to this. The unused days were not refunded.
--this resort is definitely older - the beds are lumpy and made me a little nervous to look at but were comfortable enough

Pros:
--great customer service. By the second day the staff knew our names/hotel room number. The staff knew I was sick and went out of their way to help me out, even making me a chicken soup that was not on the menu.
--great beach
--great pools
--super clean grounds
--good food / drinks

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sarita07
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to extend you our most sincere apologies for your room conditions and for the situation that happened during your stay with us, we can assure you that all your feedback given was already taken into consideration in order for us to improve the quality of our services, your comments are very important to keep working hard towards our hotel and our customers satisfaction. We truly appreciate your comments about our service, which are a very big motivation for our staff members to keep doing their excellent job, we would also like you to give us another chance to make your next stay a very pleasant and memorable experience.

Best Regards,