“It's got everything you could possibly want and then some”

Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed 3 December 2008

Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan is a very comfortable, practical and well maintained resort. It's not over the top but it is definitely above average. It's not the epitomy of luxury and it's not a boutique hotel, and those may be its' greatest assets because instead of feeling like you're in a gallery where you better be careful you don't break anything, at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan it's like you're visiting close friends who make you feel right at home.
The suites are far from fancy, you won't find designer furniture here, but there's no mistaking you're south of the border; the colonial feel is everywhere, from the cold tiles under your feet to the bright colors of the decor. The hotel layout is intelligent; you won't get lost but you also won't feel trapped. If you're anything like me, you'll be grateful there's a computer center where you can sip on a latte while you check your email, place a bid on eBay, or read the Seattle Times (or whatever you read at home).
The hotel has three restaurants (all very good), a deli with oh-so-yummy desserts, and a little boutique where you can get sun block or clothes, or fashion jewelry, and there's also a fine jewelry store. But if you want to buy jewelry my advice is that you cross the street and visit the sterling silver shops in the little mini crafts mall.
The Pueblo Bonito staff could not be nicer or warmer. You become friends with everybody. My favorite people were Juanita, our cleaning lady, and the guys at the bar palapa by the pool on the "Pueblito" section, whose names are Fernando and Mateo.
All in all it was an excellent experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank LaDiora

Reviewed 23 November 2008

I was probably the only European in the entire huge resort of Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. This place felt like little "USA".
I am well travelled, visited many many countries all around the world and this hotel resort really impressed me. Especially the staff is very efficient, nice and professional. I liked both their restaurants, the service was fast, food was fresh.

I would like to thank all guys here on TripAdvisor because based
on your reviews I have selected Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan and it
was a great choice. Thanks! I would strongly recommend this resort to everybody.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank akosamas
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My wife and I have been visiting Pueblo Bonito regularly for over ten years. This is my favorite property in Mazatlan. When this property was originally built it was considered somewhat remote. Now, with the development of the new Mazatlan harbor the PB is more centrally located. The staff at this property seldom turns-over and this results in first class service. The laundry service (charged by the pound) is very inexpensive.

The on-site restaurant, Cilantro's, is consistantly good...in the evening try the house specialty, the Mexican Coffee drink..with a very nice table side presentation.

The PB is beginning to show a little age. Though the property is always very clean and well maintained the newer properties have more "glitz." This being said, the PB has a distinct boutique property with a terrific service level.

We'll be heading back next week for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank harrye100
Reviewed 7 November 2008

We were enroute to PV and stayed in Mazatlan for a couple of days to visit with friends who live there. Of all the hotels on the strip, we selected PB for its environment and staff. It is one of the best timeshare facilities in Mexico. We enjoyed their superb Sunday brunch and noted that many people came from outside the hotel to partake (always a good sign). The kitchen was well-equipped and the room was clean and in good shape. There is an execellent minimart on the premises that offers nearly everything you might need. You can get prepared salads to eat on your balcony for example and sandwich meats, wine, etc.

The staff are truly superb. We had a chance to test their responsiveness when we discovered a flat tire the day we were set to leave. Undaunted, I decided to test their 5-star rating. The front desk had no idea what a "flat tire" was. They were trying to help me call my bank. Luckily their concierge understood. After he explained that there is no Auto Association in Mexico and that their tire places do not do call-outs, he came up with a plan. One of his guys would pump up the tire by hand and then I would drive to the tire place about 10 blocks away. They repaired the tire while I waited. Total cost $10 including tips. Saved by PB!

The beach is very nice and Cilantros is right on the beach for a sunset dinner (see pictures). We also had a funky lunch at Panchos down the beach and we ventured into old town for another dinner.

I would recommend PB to anyone looking for a superb stay while being close to the action of Mazatlan.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kcowan
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan.

The rooms were very clean, the beds very comfortable. We had two double beds which I think is the norm, I can't remember if they had king beds or not, but we weren't on a honeymoon so we were fine with it......
The resort has a great charm and abmience to it... it is not luxury..and over the top, but that is what I liked about it. I like the more traditional hotels that have lots of palm trees and nooks and crannies to explore more so than the stark white modern hotels...

There are 2 areas, the newer area and the older. If I had my pick I would choose the older section, the rooms are slightly bigger..(not by a lot, but some) and the pool with the swim up bar is on this side, so there is more activity going on to watch from your balcony. the old side was like a resort, and the new side reminded me of a condo or timeshare...

The food at the hotel was really good, try the Tortilla soup at Cilanto's... and our favorite restaurant in Mazatlan was Zarapes. it was so good, we went a couple of times. Mazatlan had the best food of any place we visited.

Activity wise there wasn't as much to do as Puerto Vallarta or Cancun, but we still had a great time.

Another GREAT feature of the hotel, they have sliding doors on their balconies..so you could leave it open all night and not worry about bugs or birds flying in, I think this was the first resort we visited in mexico that had a screen door to the balcony...

We visited the Emerald Bay..(some of my pics include pics of Emerald Bay...) wow, the place is amazing... and it's not that far from town if you are considering staying.. they have a shuttle every half an hour .. the pool is the nicest I have been to... drinks were very good.

I would totally recommend the PB mazatlan or the Emerald Bay. We visited a few other hotels and none were as nice.

**note: if you are considering a Mexican Fiesta, the Playa Mazatlan Mexican Fiesta is indoors.. (I have been to other resorts that hold them outside and that' s what were thought it was.) so you may want to consider the Emerald Bay Mexican Fiesta, it appears to be out on the lawn at sunset... but the show was great at the playa mazatlan, food was not....

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ltw500
Reviewed 26 September 2008

Just a heads up to any bride/groom that is looking for a place to hold a wedding....this is NOT the location unless you're willing to gamble that the wedding will actually even occur.

When we first started contacting Pueblo Bonito in July, we were transferred to 4 different employees, who "supposedly" was the wedding coordinator....still unsure who actually is the wedding coordinator there.

My travel agent and I started emailing requests and questions about booking a date, rooms, meals, etc. and never got a response. Then we called multiple times and were continually told that "Angelica" (the last name we were given) was on vacation - for 1 1/2 MONTHS!

Needless to say, it's now close to October (3 months later) and we've still had no luck with return phone calls or emails. It's quite unfortunate as Pueblo Bonito has a beautiful layout and appears to have a great wedding set-up. You can't hold weddings and be a successful wedding business if you don't reply to your customers! We've moved on and found a wonderful destination for our wedding, with a coordinator that immediately replies to our concerns and questions.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank SMWPADT
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Good
The room was Clean and that is a must for me! The sunsets were fantastic. Our room was set-up with everything you needed. All we did was walk to the corner store buy food & drinks and wella.
The sand is soft and peddlars are plenty.
Middle class resort Sorry people But not #1. due to the Lack of Manners of your guests not the staff....

You can walk to resturants and shopping. But if you can, take a bus to the OLD Mazatlan shopping district downtown. Beautiful restored buildings and courtyards! Hidden Jem of Mazatlan. Also if you can go to The Canucks Bar! Totally awesome especially if you are Canadian eh!

We took the free bus from pueblo Bonito mazatlan to Pueblo Bonito emerald. This is a classy resort with beautiful pools and an Adult only pool!! The sand is a bit rocky but high waves for splashing fun!The sunsets were fantastic.

NOW the Bad

At Both of these Resorts they allow people to bring in their own food....ok I get that! But where are Your Manners People????
You could not go in the pool because people were eating in them YES!! if you pop-up in the water there was a chunk of Ham or?? on your head!!

People at the mazatlan were eating at the beach with full course meals and dropping food and mashing it in the sand on the chairs spilling drinks and then leaving and all the waste & garbage left behind for the BUGS to feast on and now no one could sit there because Bugs had taken over!!!

Kids at the pool were using water guns and a couple were dressed-up nice walking by and these kids Soaked them YES!! where are your manners???
Not one staff member asked anyone to STOP, to get out of the pool, to eat at designated areas??? it was like these actions/rudeness were expected ??

ok we ate in our room and when we ate at the pool at the emerald, we moved to a table and cleaned up our garbage as soon as we finished ... We ate at the pool swim-up bar in mazatlan and when our pizza came we moved over to a table ate and threw away the box!!!

where are your manners???

People I talk to Say..Well this time of year is when the Mexicans take their holidays....WHAT WHAT......
I do not care if your black, white, green or purple, what religion, height, wieght or sex you are!!!!!!
where are your manners???

ok so we like to travel and do whenever we can. Some places we like and would return to and some Not so much...
We would probably not return here.

Stayed: August 2008