“As always, the best ever vacation. Thanks.”

El Cid Marina Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Having recently enjoyed 16 wonderful days in our 'home away from home', all I can say is thank you all at MEC. We have been enjoying coming 'home' now for 8 years and really appreciate all the wonderful staff, the great rooms, food, pools and everything MEC has to offer. Special thanks to Ramon, Fidel, Miguel, Alex, Jorge, Andres, Freddie, Israel, Luis Angel, Alfredo, Christian, Maricarmen, Anna, Carmen, Lupita, Rogelio and everyone else. I'm truly sorry I can't remember
Everyone's names who were so nice and helpful, please forgive. Our stay was very relaxing and always enjoyable. We will be back. Thanks again to all at Marina El Cid Mazatlan. You rock.

Room Tip: We had rooms 142 and 143. Nice and close to pool for swimming and hot tub. Pretty quiet as well...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear: rajaga402

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at El Cid Marina and that our staff were always there when you needed them. Our objective is to provide the highest standard of Customer Care possible and always aim for excellence in service so it is very satisfying to know that we are doing well. We will share your motivating comments with all the personnel.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at home. Please contact me before your arrival.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Furniture was very old; we expected a better suite for the price we paid (more than 3,000 pesos per night) not even beach front or ocean View!! The staff excelent.
Do not expect a beach on site, you have to walk and then take a very short trip in a boat to get to the beach.
We expected a better hotel we were disapointed for the price we paid.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoseRMexico
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear, JoseRMexico

I appreciate your honest feedback on your experience with us. I do however apologies for your not so pleasant stay. I’d like to inform you that we are working on renovating rooms but there are just so much rooms we can do at a time being so that this is a large hotel.

We hope that in a near future you will give us a chance to change your aspect on our hotel maybe you would like to consider one of our other hotels like el Cid Castilla or Moro if you’re looking for a less expensive hotel with a nearby beach it would be an excellent choice.

Warm Regards,

Isaías Gómez

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at El Cid Marina Beach in Mid October. The service is beyond belief at this resort. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to assure that you have the best vacation experience. We especially enjoyed Abraham, Ramon and Miguel at the pool bar. Such great service and so much fun! Christian, the activities director was very friendly and informative as well. The rooms were clean and in perfect order every day. We went all inclusive and enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. The shuttle to the beach was perfect when you wanted to get away and enjoy the ocean. We lost our luggage on the flight in and Bernice and Eduardo were so helpful in making sure that we received it as soon as possible. We cannot thank them enough for their kind and caring attitudes. We went fishing on the Aires fleet with Captain David and my husband caught a 100 lb sail fish we caught Dorado which the chef Luis cooked perfectly! So much fun! I would recommend this resort highly to any one that wants to go to travel Mazatlan.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear: lovefishi

I appreciate that you took time to share your experience at our hotel with the online community. I'm sincerely grateful for this nice comment and your valued recommendation of El Cid Marina Beach Hotel to fellow travelers, this kind of support is very important to us.
It is my personal pleasure to find these kinds of reviews on Trip Advisor every day. This means our staff is successfully helping our guests make their dream vacations come true. Abraham, Ramon, Miguel, Christian activities, Bernice, Eduardo and Captain David and the rest of the team are happy to hear your recognition to their efforts as it motivates and inspires achievement. Staff wants to know if they are doing a good job and that it is noticed…a simple “thank you” such as yours is always appreciated.

It was a pleasant surprise to host you as guests and we do hope to welcome you back in the future!!!

Warm regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I work for Four Season Hotels and Resorts which is a service and people oriented company. Naturally high expectations are often not met when going to a hotel or restaurant - El Cid Marina met them all! The property and rooms were well maintained and looked after. The food was fresh and delicious! Perfectly prepared! The service at this hotel was outstanding! Every interaction with staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful; part of their family. This made my first time to Mexico my best vacation!

Even the tour bus company the hotel uses for the City Tour was exceptional! (My boyfriend proposed on the tour bus!) We had so much fun, we are planning our next trip back with our 2 girls! Fabulous food, private beach, great staff,... oh my!

Hasta luego! xxoo

Room Tip: Some rooms in last building (by Iguana Snack Bar) have ocean and sunset views from balcony.
1  Thank ShirleyTango
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear: Shirley Ta…

To Say thank you is not enough for your wonderful words you sharing in this recent review about your experience at El Cid La Marina. You can't imagine how much couple of nice words like these motivates the hotel staff! I’m feeling so proud to be part of this special moment such as the proposal for your boyfriend. Congratulations I wish the best!

When we see that our everyday efforts make our guests happy so they even find it possible to make us aware of that, it's really great and it's a guarantee that we will continue to do our best to deliver best possible quality.

Thanks again for helping us to serve you better and we will certainly be more than happy to welcome you back!

My best wishes

General Manager.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

we have been coming to Mazatlan for 15 yrs. and the marina property has been great for food,service,and hospitality it is a very well kept resort with constant manicuring and attention to detail it has fishing, golf and spa availability and many pools and restaurants to choose from and great sunsets and a private beach to enjoy without being hassled so you can enjoy your vacation

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank louis55
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Louiss55,
On behalf of my staff and I, we would like to thank you for not only taking the time to write this review but for being a repetitive client and always coming back to us year after year. It’s always great to hear such modivating feedback. We strive to give the best service we possibly can and we don’t expect anything less. We can´t wait to have you yet another year what a pleasure it will be to host you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I work for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and we are a service orientated company. I often go to a property with naturally high expectations and they are often not met. The service at this property is top notch without being over bearing. The property was well looked after and same for the rooms. This was exactly what we wanted. We felt like part of their family which makes a new place more comfortable. One of my best vacations yet and they played a huge part of it!

1  Thank Kris H

Dear Kris H

Thank you so much for such amazing feed back. We are so honored to have met your expectation. It’s so great to hear that my staff was able to make you feel at home they will most definitely be giving the recognition they deserve we take pride in what we do and we hope to continue in that direction on giving such outstanding service. We hope to see you in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My friend and I purchased an all inclusive package at El Cid Moro. This was great because we were able to visit their other hotels including La Marina, which was by far my favorite. La Marina was terrific. The food and drinks were delicious and their restaurant is definitely a must try. La Marina is a very pretty hotel with a relaxing feel for those that need some r and r and for those craving some fun, they have lots of entertainment. Their activities department was awesome! Their staff was friendly and fun. A ++ The activities manager, Christian Arce, was always very helpful and was always willing to answer any questions about their daily activities and about Mazatlan in general. Would definitely stay at La Marina next time I visit!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelingDiva2013
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear: TravelingDiva2013

I was delighted and extremely proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value greatly such encouraging and complimentary comments, which allow us to focus on the important issues of guest service and personal attention, and continue to inspire and motivate us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

I will take great pride in sharing your generous comments with my colleagues. On behalf of all my team, may I thank you again for taking the time and trouble to share with us your kind comments. Also, your recommendations are perfect.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel in many more occasions in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards