We have been coming to this hotel/resort for many years and were married on the beach at Marina El Cid in 2009. It is our home away from home. A few years ago I worried that this property was not keeping up with the new development, but I don't worry anymore. We missed coming to El Cid in 2011 and 2012 and I wondered how things were before our arrival in 2013. Well, the grounds are meticulously maintained, the service is impeccable from the moment of arrival to departure, the rooms have been upgraded, and the timeshare sales nonsense has been downplayed on the grounds. This is the best hotel in Mazatlan, on the best beach, far enough away from bustle of the city but still close enough to enjoy all of Mazatlan, and boats coming and going from the Marina are a bonus as is the resident iguana population. New improvements include an outdoor patio at the hotel bar, better service at the beach, and it is much easier to exchange US currency for pesos at the front desk.
They still do some silly things - the time share sales gauntlet at the airport is insufferable and El Cid is as annoying as any of them, they had a casino night at the bar but none of the staff new the rules to blackjack or how to deal the game, and the music near the pools can be annoyingly loud, but even that is part of the experience. They don't really have a business center but they have a couple of guest computers you can use if you understand a Spanish keyboard - they have a new Wi-Fi network so you can use your own system if you are convinced you need to keep in touch (you don't). If those are the worst problems we ever have on a vacation then I am OK!! By the way, the El Cid golf course has also been upgraded to 27 holes and is included in the Elite All-Inclusive - caddies are required for non-members, and the course is very nice - lots of sand and water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach