My wife and I traded on our Wyndham points to this property for a week. Its a very pleasant place with nice but not spectacular condos with modest kitchens. I doubt they expect people to do much cooking. The restaurants on the property were OK but again, not spectacular. Breakfast is probably their best effort. The beach is reached via a two minute water taxi ride and then you have to be able bodied enough to walk up a steep ramp. The beach was windy and the water cold but there was enough shade and chairs provided. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed most of them with the exception of their maniacal and deplorable time share salespeople who will boldly lie to your face and use ridiculous scare tactics, such as guaranteeing we are about to receive a letter from Wyndham about a sudden $600 arbitrary fee increase (not at all true). This is documented by others on the various websites, search for salesman Arturo. El Cid should get rid of this guy as he is destroying their reputation but that is their problem, not mine.
We happened to be there during Mardi Gras and attended the parade along the Malecon. It was great. Its very easy to take a city bus from in front of the property. Inexpensive and very efficient way to get down to the old part of Mazetlan which is historical and lovely. Don't be afraid to venture away from the property. It felt quite safe and was great fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach