We just spent 10 days at El Cid Marina - our 2nd visit in 3 years, and we cannot say enough good things about this place. From the moment we got off the bus, it felt like home, only in paradise.
We had requested and received a room by the heated pool because we know we like to end our day there. We know timeshare pitches are a concern, but for both visits, we kindly declined when offered and were not bothered again after the initial check in. Eduardo took our bags and showed us to our room and made sure everything was to our satisfaction. He remained a friendly face for the rest of our stay as we went back and forth from the Marina to the other El Cid properties.
We loved our spacious room with its quick access to the pool and found the beds very comfortable. The private beach, just a short water taxi ride across the marina, is wonderfully secluded and peaceful if you want to sit on the beach and read a book. However, for our family, which includes two 11 year old girls, we find the beach at the Castilla and El Moro much better for swimming, boogie boarding and body surfing. The shuttles are always prompt so it's no big deal to go there every day. People talk about all the peddlers on the beach, and while it can be off putting at first, it becomes part of the experience. We came to like a woman named Jessica who made us several bracelets and did some beads for our kids hair. Service at the Castilla is good too, but we missed the beachside restaurant under renovation. The servers on the beach work very hard, and unlike the resort we went to in Cancun last year (not an El Cid) we didn't have to constantly tip just to get noticed (not that we didn't tip at all).
Every afternoon found us back at the Marina Calypso Bar (in and by heated pool) where Rembert and Jose Luis and the others took excellent care of us. They would always greet us with a warm smile and our favorite cold drinks. They really went out of their way to make us feel special.
For dinners we ate at reservation restaurants at the various El Cid properties and were very pleased with the service and food. The breakfast at the Marina is excellent, especially Lupita's omelettes. We wanted to go to Las Labradas petroglyphs and El Cid's tour company, Pronatours, worked with us and we went the day of their annual equinox festival and couldn't have been more pleased with that service either. Victor, our tour guide, was phenomenal, and thanks to Gladys for helping us schedule it.
Everything was perfect, and we appreciate all the attention to detail, including the maid service and constant cleaning everywhere, especially the bathrooms. The grounds are immaculate. The Marina seems to be quieter with a somewhat older crowd than the other El Cid properties, but that fits our family, and we just go to the other properties when we want to. The only real complaint was the quality of the wi-fi (very slow and always disconnecting) but that just encouraged us to forget about life a little more. In a nutshell, we love the El Cid Marina and can't wait until we can come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach