“My experience at marina el cid”

El Cid Marina Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burnaby, Canada
“My experience at marina el cid”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wonderful destination as an all inclusive. Food quality and variety of selection top of the line.the holiday was made even better by the friendly staff. Service was exceptional at pool side and restaurant. The maid service didn't disappoint with Olivia looking after all our needs and making sure the rooms were inviting upon our return. Our second floor corner unit had a view of the ocean and sunsets that were so beautiful...great destination....Garry

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear, Garry R

It is very rewarding to receive a review such as this! Creating memorable experiences for our guests is our highest priority. It’s great to hear that we achieved that standard during your stay.
Olivia and our entire staff do go above and beyond the call of duty on a regular basis and we are so glad you took the time to recognize them in your review.

Our restaurants are a wonderful place to grab something to eat and it’s nice to hear you enjoyed the food.

We hope you had a safe trip back to Burnaby, Canada and for given such an opportunity we would me most grateful to welcome you back to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel.

Best regards,

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our first time at El Cid Marina, and we will definitely be back! We were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite with a beautiful view of the ocean and marina -- the sunsets were spectacular. The room (and grounds) were kept immaculate, and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Even though we declined Beatric's offer to arrange a timeshare pitch, she went out of her way to assist us throughout our stay. The on-site restaurant, The Marina, was delicious and the wait-staff couldn't be friendlier (and don't miss the made-to-order omelettes for breakfast!). We enjoyed eating each meal outside on the balcony overlooking the marina. The Argentine and Italian restaurants at the sister resorts were also fantastic.

The semi-private beach on the other side of the marina was easy to get to with the water taxi, and there were plenty of shaded chairs. This is definitely a resort that caters more to families than the party crowd, which we appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mjajcc
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear mjajcc,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your extremely positive review following your recent stay here at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel.
Great to read that you have stayed with us number of times and do like our rooms and facilities.
We do invest extensively in staff training and glad to see that your comments reflect our high standards for professionalism and service with a smile.
Please be assured that I share all comments on trip advisor with our team and I am sure that they will be very happy to read about your fantastic experience.

Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Best regards,

Marysville, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our 4th time to the Marina. Hands down the best service of anywhere we have been. From Fidel and his crew at the pool to Olivia in Housekeeping, they made our family feel special. We had a wonderful 3 bdr overlooking the Ocean, a great beach, and did I mention the service is great. You just have to passover the timeshare stuff and enjoy the resort and the staff. Big thumbs up! The McLanes

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TheMcLanes
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear, TheMcLane…

I can´t begin to express what your review means to me and all the staff. It is always nice to be recognized when you put in a little extra work and your wonderful comments can benefit enormously El Cid team atmosphere.
Olivia from housekeeping received a huge applause for their consistently great job, your comments about their amazing attitude and service make them earn it.

The next time you, a friend or family member visits Mazatlan, remember we are here to serve you!

Kind Regards,

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My first impression was WOW.....I stayed 7 ssh days and had the best stay ever! My husband and I decided to purchase a timeshare to visit el cid marina every year. Service and the friendly staff was 100%

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Juana R
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Juana R,

I have no words to explain how glad I feel about hear this awesome review about our hotel el Cid Marina. It is good to know that now you are part of our owner’s members and will be a pleasure assists you every year.

Kind Regards,

Isaías Gómez
Tracy, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our first visit to El Cid Marina and we enjoyed our stay there. We traded in a RCI to this resort. First thing I would say is the service is the best, no where have I found better service. They really care in serving you and we noticed that the whole week of our stay. The resort and the rooms are clean, very nicely kept up and maintained. We went fishing on the Aries fleet and enjoyed the fishing, only caught a jack fish tuna that day.

I would recommend this place to anyone, its the service that really stood out to us.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor in the E building has stairs right to your room from the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin H
Dear Kevin H,

"Nice Resort with GREAT service” which better description than this. First of all I will like to thanks to have taken the time to write this awesome review about our staff's service, rooms clean and fishing tour. I know our team will be more than happy to hear this comments that help us day by day improve our services and to continue offering you the best.

Isaías Gomez
SoCal
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently spent 4 nights at the El Cid Marina Beach Hotel. Although there was a little confusion at check in, everything else went smoothly. I stayed in the Castilla Tower. The room had a great view of the nightly stunning sunsets. The room was kept very clean.

The complex has an all inclusive option. The food there was generally very tasty. The waiters were very helpful and responsive. A special thank you to Guillermo who is very friendly and efficient. Although I dont drink a lot, the drinks I had, tasted good. It was very easy to get food or drink at anytime.

There were many activities going on during the day. The activity staff seemed very involved and friendly.

I recommend this hotel.....and I recommend Mazatlan. I felt very safe and the people were wonderful!

Room Tip: I preferred the Castilla Tower to the El Moro Tower
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank beento50
Dear beento50,

I will like to thank you for the review you are giving us because guests are the most important part of el Cid Resort. I feel glad to hear all your good comments about our service, staff, drinks, food and facilities.

I know the next time you come, your stay will be as good as last one and our staff will be part of it.

Best Regards,

Isaías Gómez,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went to El Cid Marina (nine days) for spring break with three kids 8,11 and 13. Good resort overall, but had a number of things I'd like to see improved. The rooms were nice, but had plenty of ants and lizards (3). Our room was on the fourth floor so I'd assume these would be worse on the first floor.

The pool had quite a bit of debris (tree leaves, napkins and other items), which was confusing as the staff appear to clean the pool every evening. These items were found just after they cleaned, so these weren't things that the wind blew in over the course of the following day.

Service was hit or miss. Some people were genuinely helpful, but others just wanted you to go away and would give you an answer to your question (right or wrong). The bar locations are the only places to get something to drink while at the pool or beach. Our kids were told on one of our days that the bar was "suddenly" for alcoholic drinks only. Never heard this any other day and was likely a way for the bartenders to not do kid drinks with no tips. Be sure to bring plenty of ones for tipping, although it's a tip it seems to be expected. I have a hard time tipping for a glass of ice water.

Food was ok, some days good some not so good. Of the four restaurants the Italian was easily the best food. The buffet in the main lobby was our second favorite. Of the four restaurants 2 are open during the day for breakfast and lunch. At dinner only one remained open as a buffet style, the others were reservation only. We found the reservation only to be a nuisance. We had a group of 10 and went to the "Greek" restaurant in the lobby and collectively we had not only the worst food, most of which went uneaten, but had to wait 2 hours. Not sure what the reservations do if you still have to wait 2 hours. All in All the reservations didn't make any sense to me. With kids flexibility is the critical, I would rather they keep another location open as a buffet in the evenings. Also went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner - this was ok, but talk to the waiter about what to order. Some items are simply not worth your time. When the workers know the food isn't that good, that should be a strong indicator to management that they should make a change. We were literally told not to order certain items because they weren't good. I'm sure management wouldn't want to hear their employees talking poorly about their food, but we as visitors appreciated the honesty. We found breakfast to be the best meal of the day.

Beach was nice with plenty of activities (volleyball, soccer, kayaks, paddle boards, etc) and bars. Water was ok, but had a number of large rocks in the ocean. We went swimming once and stayed in the pool but used the beach quite a bit.

I will admit there were employees cleaning the grounds all day long. Most areas are neatly maintained.

All in all it's a good resort, but next time we'll be going to another location for a better overall experience for our money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Trent S
Dear Trent S,

Thank you very much for have taken a few minutes of your time writing this feedback about your last stay with us. It is good to know that you had so much fun at our pool and beach activities and that you found most of our restaurants good.

I will like to clear some of the points you are giving me with this feedback. First, about the ants in the room, I definitely will check this with the manager of housekeeper because this is unacceptable, so our staff will take more care with the room cleanliness and the public areas.
Regarding about the food, i will like to tell you we are improving our menus so we can offer you a better quality and taste of food.

Something that is made me strange is your comment about some of our staff, they know our guest are the most important part of us and their expectation make us be better and continue offering quality services, I definitely will talk with them regarding this.

I ask for an apology from all of us to make part of el Cid, for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. Hoping you will give us a second chance to change your mind and show you what el cid can offer you.

Best Regards,