“Great food and view”
Review of El Mirador

El Mirador
Ranked #23 of 105 things to do in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Also known as "Lookout Mountain," this is the place to go for a fantastic view of town.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The ceviche is great, so it the view, the shrimps and the fish tacos, the service is kind of slow sometimes, but the wait is worth it. The gratest part is you can only ask for water and enjoy the view and take pictures.

1  Thank Elia C

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This restaurant has such great views!
Don't go expecting fabulous food. We had shrimp pate which was very good. I wasn't quite sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. I also got 3 fish tacos for 30 Mx and hubby got a shrimp burger. He was not impressed with the shrimp burger and my fish tacos were ok. Salsa and chips were good.
The waiter was very pleasant and accommodating. He provided excellent service.

2  Thank mujerlinda
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. I had the Ceviche a la Vish, and my boyfriend had fish tacos. He said it was the best thing he ate during our stay in Mazatlan. My ceviche was a very generous portion, I recommend you share worth someone. I saw this place by chance. It called my attention because it was up on a hill. I am glad we went up there. The service and attention were wonderful, the whole staff was very attentive, they even called a cab for us to get back to our hotel. Aside from the outstanding service and delicious food, the view was very beautiful. We caught the sunset from the restaurant; something I strongly recomend. Once the sun had gone down we sat outside, eating our delicious meal, drinking a Michelada and Margarita, feeling the breeze, and listening to The Beatles and the waves. Do visit this place.

1  Thank Edith Griselle R
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a family owned and operated restaurant that sits atop the south side of the last hill before you get to El Faro Lighthouse. It is strictly seafood, so don't bother going there if you are hungry for a steak. But if you want fresh seafood, prepared simply and well, be sure to stop here for an evening meal. You won't find a better sunset view in the whole city. The excellent seafood really makes this a special place to share a quiet repast with friends.

3  Thank Bruce H
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 December 2013

There are lots of comments about how average the food is, and it is, but it's priced for what you get and the view is breathtaking. I don't need much, give me a filet of grilled fish and rice and don't empty my wallet and I'm happy. The waiter could not have been more friendly and I really appreciate his helpful advice when I considered a walk down the dark stairs to the main road. Because of condensation at sunset, they would be slippery, but beyond that, the guy smoking a cigarette in the middle was surely waiting for tourist-victims to harass and rob. Mazatlan is a safe place, but there is no place on Earth safe if you do something dumb.

2  Thank KenCoffman