Oceano Palace Beach Hotel
US$80
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$456
US$135
  • Beachfront
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$145
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$38
US$151
US$115
  • Pool
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$113
The Melville Boutique Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
1,010 results
All reviewsocean view roomocean sideexchange ratestone islandoceanawaitersgringoblastblendermargaritasvendorsadrian
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I had concerns when we booked our first ever trip to Mexico, had both never been there and had heard mixed reviews from all over. We researched this hotel and found the reviews to be pretty good, so we took a chance....and are we ever glad that we did!!!! We stayed for 1 week at the end of June and brought our children aged 7 and 10 along. They had never been out of Canada before...so it was a first for them too!!! Our experience at the Oceano Palace was wonderful from the moment we arrived until we checked out. The staff were attentive and always helpful, even with at times a slight language barrier. If ever they could not understand they would find another staff member who could. The food in the main 2 restaurants was unbelievable, amazing and fresh selections that pleased even my picky 7 yearold! We were more than prepared to go out to eat as we knew it was not all inclusive, but found ourselves straying in to eat as the food was that good!! Tony, who works for the hotel as an excursion planner, was great and helped as plan a deep sea fishing trip as well as a city tour, that was enjoyed by all and carried out with no snags at all. Anything we wanted, Tony was there and able to find it for us! All of the staff including the desk employees to the waiters were helpful and always there to provide us anything that we needed. There were many other families staying at the resort and the pool was always full of kids, ours made many new friends! I have travelled to all inclusive in the Caribbean and my experience at the Oceano Palace was easily 10 times better for more than half the price. Our room was clean and the air conditioning always worked which was huge because it was so hot out!! We would highly reccomend this hotel and are planning to return next spring:) We fell in love with Mexico in all aspects on our trip to Mazatlan and the staff at Oceano Palace were a huge part in that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
ferminoceanomazatlan, Manager at Oceano Palace Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Dear Kristy_dubois
Hello!
My name is Fermìn Trucìos , and I am the General Manager for the Oceano Palace Beach Hotel.
We are so glad that you chose our country, our city , and our hotel to spent your first ever vacation in this part of the World.
All of us here at Oceano Palace thank you very, very much for your comments about our property and the good time you had during your week with us in the month of June 2011.
There is nothing better for us than knowing we did our job, and as you mentioned our beloved guests go back home with a good experience, and in this case is very special because it was your first trip to Mexico.
We are very glad you enjoyed your fishing trip, and that you loved our food , the Chef was soo happy to know that because I did share your comment with him, and we are also glad all our staff was attentive to your needs, we work very hard on our Service Culture on a consistent basis.
Thank you for recommending our hotel , for your comments, and we will be very honor to serve you again this next Spring, we will be looking forward to that time.
Fermìn Trucìos .

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We just returned from a week at the Oceano Palace; we were thrilled with everything. This hotel is a 3 star but the service, staff, cleanliness, beach and gym bump it up considerably!!
The gym was fantastic; we have traveled quite a bit and always require a gym...this gym is finally all it said it was. Brand new equipment, clean and air conditioned.
The beach was lovely, we swam every day, all day. The pool is nice as well but crowded with the school kids - we traveled just as the Nationals began their holiday....we were the only Canadians aside from one other group.
The rooms; not fancy but clean, quiet and nice and cool.
Finally: Muchas Gracias Humberto!!!! Humberto took care of us daily as we relaxed on the beach. He even checked on us on the days when we used a cooler and bought beer from a store down the road. I was most appreciative of the vinegar he gave me after I was stung by jellyfish!!!
To the man at the front desk who sorted out our messed up expedia reservation.....sorry I forget your name.....your care and attention to work with expedia on our behalf was another great positive.....GRACIAS
We will return to the Oceano.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank preferthebeach68

Dear preferthebeach68
Hello!
My name is Fermìn Trucìos , and I am the General Manager for Oceano Palace Beach Hotel.
After reading your review , I went and look for Humberto to share with him your comments and you can imagine how happy and motivated he was , and Iam very glad he felt that way because he took care of you, our beloved guest ,and that is what our Service philosophy emphasized, the number one Norm is related to WARMESS.
We all like to thank you very , very much for your comments about your stay in our hotel, we are very glad you enjoyed the Gym which as you mentioned is totally new , with state of the Art equipment and a great instructor.
Yes! Oceano Palace is located in one of the best and safest beaches in Mazatlàn, glad you enjoyed it just as the swimming pool.
Thank you for your comments about the Front Desk staff, and I also share your review with them, we love our guests and to make them feel happy in their vacation.
It was a great pleasure serving you, and we really hope you can let us serve you and your family again in the near future , it will be an honor.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

My review is a bit late due to my schedule but better late than never is my I am a travel agent/writer on assignment and my finance and I had the pleasant experience of staying at this nice property who also happens to own and manage the adjoining property, Luna Palace. After 3 days at Oceano, I asked the general manager, Fermìn Trucìos, if we could move to the Luna Palace for the remainder of our trip and he graciously granted our request.

We found many great restaurants nearby within a short walk and great Starbuck-style coffee a little longer walk. There is also a great market place offering good prices on Mexican crafts and goods within 2 short blocks of either hotel.

We were there during the travel alert and had no problems as the properties seem well secured and protected. I would highly recommend either properties should you want a quick, safe trip to Mazatlan.

Needless to say, the service was great and the rooms were clean, neat and very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monsieurrick9

Dear Monsieurr
It is great to read your review and your comments about Oceano and Luna Palace and to know you enjoyed both of our properties and went home with a great experience.
Just as you mentioned both hotels are located in a very privileged area of Mazatlàn known as The Golden Zone and just as you mentioned there are a good number of good restaurants, Arts & Crafts and great entertainment.
Security for us is a big priority, we just want to make sure all our guests enjoy their privacy and their vacation.
Thank You very much once again for your comments which I will share with our staff, and we hope to see you back in the near future , it will be a pleasure to serve you again.
With all our respects.
Fermin Trucìos

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We had been to Oceano Palace before, however we had not visited Mazatlan in a while, since we had been there before we wanted to try it again. We had a very pleasant surprise to find the hotel total remodelated, with a new gym very well equipped and a nice instructor Eden, new restaurants, we loved the pizza at Roxys, a new swimming pool and nice entertainment. We loved the breakfast buffet with live music and also the kindness and attitude of the staff, it was good to see some friendly faces again. Overall we had a great vacation at Oceano Palace and were very impressed with the changes, keep it up!

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariell22

Dear Mariell22
Hello !
My name is Fermin Trucios , and Iam the General Manager of Oceano Palace.
In the name of all our staff and mine, we would like to give you our sincere Thank You! for your comments about your vacation at our property.
Reading your review you give a great description of what Oceano Palace is all about these days.
Just as you mentioned , the hotel has been totally remodelated, new swimming pool , a new Gym and a great instructor who will be happy to hear about your comments, new restaurants and we are very glad you enjoy the pizza , the entertainment, the buffet, the attitude of our staff, and most of all your vacation , it is always a great pleasure to know our guests go back home with a nice experience and happy.
Once again , our sincere thank you from all of us , and we hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.
With all our Respect

Reviewed 14 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in June of 2011 which is considered their off season. The hotel was pretty full, mostly of Mexican nationals on vacation but the staff was never too busy to help us in any way. They greeted us warmly and even the General Manager of the hotel came out to personally welcome us to the hotel. The staff in the restaurant was wonderful and attentive and the food was some of the best we had on our trip! The rooms are not quite as fancy as the pictures show but much nicer than many Two/Three star places I've stayed before. The pool was great and the ocean was mere steps away. It felt warm, inviting, safe and relaxing throughout all four days and three nights. We'd definitely recommend that anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Request the ocean view room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennikeene
ferminoceanomazatlan, Manager at Oceano Palace Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear Jennikeen
Hello!
My name is Fermìn Trucìos and I am the General Manager for Oceano Palace .
We, at Oceano Palace are very thankful for your comments about your stay with us during the month of June.
One of our priorities is to keep training on a consistent basis on our Service Culture and one of the norms of this Culture is WARMESS, we can never forget this is a human being business, I always mentioned the slogan of " ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlement" we are very glad we were able to transmit these feelings to you and your family.
We are very glad also that you enjoyed our food , the swimming pool and after all that warm, relaxing and safe feeling you kindly mentioned on your review.
Once again, our sincere thank you! for your comments , and we hope we can serve you again in the near future, it will be a pleasure .