“great place for nice canadians!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Oceano Palace
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Mazatlan
Penticton, B.C
“great place for nice canadians!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2009

we stayed for one week all inclusive, rooms are good size and very clean, the staff are helpful, great other places to eat just outside for really cheap. check out big fish down the street or chilli's. cheap charlie has the best deals on everything!!!and he's right across the street!!! it's not a huge place but it's clean and the staff is freindly, watch out for the drinks they pour 4 to 1!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sunseeker046

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

Recently my husband and I have just spent a wonderful vacation in Mazatlan.
We were unsure of the all inclusive and had not read a lot of good reviews on the hotel.
However, we had a great time and were very impressed. We stayed at Oceano Palace and it was comfy and people were friendly and helpful. Our room was fine, overlooking a beautiful beach and ocean.
Meals were adequate, with several choices to make either for a snak or mealtime. Lots of juices and beautiful tasty fruit was my favourite! There was ample options and our taste of seafood or ribs was enjoyed a nearby restaurants.
We toured on the local bus into town and took 3 tours to surrounding villages and interesting sights.
For 2 weeks it was an amazing holiday with lovely weather, away from the cold and ice. Our adventure was most pleasant and we thank our tour company and Signataure Vacations for their help.
We're ready to return soonest!
PRHenry Winnipeg March 09

3 Thank PeterRuthWinnipeg
Winnipeg, MB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

Our recent vacation to the Oceano Palace was a huge disappointment. The hotel is only a 2 star hotel which we were aware of but we were not warned of the exclusive agreement that Oceano Palace had made this year with StudentCity.com to host the Spring Break students. Had we known this information we would not have booked with Oceano. The students were noisy, disruptive, rude, rowdy and overall disrespectful to other patrons. Oceano staff did nothing to control the rowdy behavior. In fact they encouraged the noisey behaviour by playing the music so loud that it could not be drowned out by closing room suite doors or watching TV. There was no quiet time to be found on the hotel grounds for much of the day and nights were just as noisy. After our vacation was over, I presented my hotel survey to the manager who indicated that if I had complained sooner, we would have been moved to another hotel as a courtesy. This information was not made known to us even after our party had complained directly to the manager 1 week prior. Therefore, a lack of communication by hotel management and poor judgement to host Spring Break has ensured we will never, never return to this hotel. This is unfortunate as we were return customers and do enjoy the friendly serving staff of the bar and restaurant. Overall, this hotel is in desperate need of renovations and upgrades. Only some A/C works in the rooms and only select rooms have a bar fridge. Rooms are not supplied with a fan but you can get one if you ask for it. Beautiful part of the beach but not enough to make up for the noise and outdated facilities.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
alberta, canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

This was one of the worst hotels that I have stayed at in Mexico! It was very old and run down, elevators were ancient and filthy, rooms were very bare and even more ancient than the elevators. The walls were so thin and there were so many cracks in the doors that you could hear the TV's and hair blowers from 3 doors down! It was EXTREMELY noisy in the hallways as well. We couldn't turn on our tap to hot because it wouldn't turn that far, no facecloths, I had to buy bleach to put in the shower before I even dared use it..... it has an old mildewed rusty looking plastic shower curtain that was beyond disgusting! The box springs looked like something you would have hauled out of a dumpster.
I looked at the restaurant and I would not even order toast from this place.... the food looked horrible.... I was told it was ! Someone did tell me that we were in the old part that has never been renovated and that there are better rooms in the newer part. I asked to be moved and they refused us.

All in all ...... thank God it was only 2 nights as I would have been looking for another place. They city, however, we enjoyed and I would recommend the Carnival to anyone. They have a HUGE parade on Sunday night that was spectacular... worth a look. Just be sure to look for a hotel that is better that this one! A definite NO on my list!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Powell River
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

Disregard all the negative reviews for this place... all the staff were very helpfull, and very polite. The waiters in the resteraunt were amazing. I had no problem with any of the food. It was all good.I especially liked the deserts. If I had to wait for my drink it might have been for 1 minute... That is totally acceptable. The building is old, so you have to expect it to not be as fancy as say the El Cid.... but like I said before it was totally acceptable. My girlfriend went up to our room one time to change and caught the maid scrubbing the shower, walls and all, with a brush. I like the beach so I drag a fair amount of sand in with me every day.. that was also swept up every day. so all I can say is , clean, courtious, amazing time... Tony sells tours from inside the Oceano Palace.. one esp. good one is the jungle tour with Arturo ( Arther in the slow boat) you get to see an amazing amount of different types of birds and other wildlife, Arther knows a whole lot about all of the wildlife around Mazatlan and shares this info with you. the lunch on this tour is really really good, I had 12 breaded shrimp ( they were the size of prawns) you have a choice of five different lunches.. everyone on the tour said that thier lunch was excellent. all drinks are included on the tour... I have stayed in 3.5 star places in the Dominican and I have to say that the Oceano Palace is quite close to them...

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
banffgirl78
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2009

The beach here is really nice compared to the rest of the area. There are many vendors who constant harass you, we moved up to the pool area to get away from them!

The hotel is decent, it was very quiet while we were there. This is what we were looking for really. Next week starts carnival so it'll be super crazy we've been told.

The food is great for breakfast - Lunch and Dinner were not special but won't kill you either! - There are heaps of good restaurants in the area, so don't go all inclusive b/c you get cheaper and better quality food elsewhere -

The staff were ok not obscenely amazing but not overly rude.

We met some great people there and we made sure to have a great time, it all about your personal attitude.

Don't pay more than $1000 taxes in for this place, or at least know you are getting ripped off.

It's really just a great place to tan...

• Liked — The Sun
  • Disliked — The Dinners - The guy working the front desk - to cool for anybody
  • Stayed February 2009
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

Went Skyservice two weeks all inclusive, for the price well worth it. Flight all-right and on time. Check-in very quick and found are way to are room without any help. No.219 is clean with a kitchen and big fridge to put water and beer for after 10.00pm. (bar shuts down to early). Great ocean view from the balcony! Like I said clean and only used the floor fan as AC wasn,t needed. First week was just F,d up for idiots playing the towel game. Putting towels down at 6.00am. and not using chairs until after 10.00am. Really considerate A- holes from WINTERPIGERS. The second week loungers were plenty even after lunch.
As for food, yes as other stated, Breakfast good, lunch/snacks alright and dinner hit and miss. If a miss no worries hit the street for many resturants that rock with good shrimp and rib dinners!. There is only one bar but the three bartenders are very good at pouring you a fine drink. Got tired of the Takati only cerveza, they might want to bring in Mazatlan's finest Pacifico! Beach is great although the venders hound you, do to not many people seem to be visiting at the time we were there. I would go back again if the price was right. If not, do the non all inclusive and eat out. Gring Lingo,s all you can eat was awlsome! Superbowl at Sports Salon was a good time. All is good at the OP too bad the Winnipeg hogs thought they owned the place on are first week!. Oh watch out for a duffus wearing red Crock sandals from BC. He says he is 105 yrs. RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple