The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan
US$80
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$39
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$104
Bookit.com
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$125
US$465
US$135
  • Beachfront
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$151
US$115
US$116
US$112
The Melville Boutique Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$67
  • Restaurant
All reviewsocean viewinfinity poolswim up barfat fishoutdoor restaurantgolden zonetortilla soupnice pooleach morningmini fridgespring breaknice resortbeach areaseafoodpesosbalconyarturo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Nice hotel, close to the strip main street good place to enjoy a short vacation. I will recommend this to my friend and family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at this Holiday Inn. Prior to this visit, our complaints were few and far between. However, on this visit there were some choices made by the management that affected our enjoyment of the property.

First, the positives. The grounds are immaculately kept, and the entire pool/beach area is perfect for us. Nice big infinity pool, plenty of seating, good mix of sun and shade. The staff is outstanding. Particularly, Sebastian in the pool area and Arturo at the door. Sebastian knew all of our names and room numbers by the second time we ordered from him. Very prompt and friendly service--cannot say enough good things about him! Similarly, Arturo is quick to offer help with anything you might need, from baggage assistance to directions to restaurant recommendations!

On the negative side, the most grating issue is the beds. I have heard that mattresses are firm across Mexico, but these are truly awful. It was very difficult to stay asleep. It literally felt like sleeping on cement.

The management made some decisions that were a little iffy, in my opinion. First, one afternoon was the birthday party of one of the owners' kids. This party took up half of the pool area and lasted all afternoon. There was a very loud MC narrating games for the kids almost the entire time. It was very distracting and made us feel like intruders in the pool area.

Second, there was some tile work that needed to be done in the pool area. The management's solution to this was having a man jackhammer the tile for hours several afternoons in a row. I understand it needs to be done at some point, but it was at prime pool-hours while many people were trying to relax. The jackhammer made that difficult.

Finally, a robotics conference was happening during our stay. The hotel was very full of conference attendees, many of whom looked college-aged. These guests partied very hard, and made no attempt to refrain from yelling, slamming doors, and drunk dialing our room repeatedly at 3 AM. We had to actually disable our phone to prevent these calls. When we reported this, the staff seemed very unconcerned, and made no attempt to control the rowdy guests. Our whole party got very little sleep while the conference attendees were there.

Problems aside, we still enjoyed our stay here. I would just like to see the management take their guests' comfort into better consideration in the future.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We only spent one night at the Holiday Inn Mazatlan, but it was clean and everyone of the staff were very helpful and sincere. The pool didn't appear to be heated (a bit cool for April, but it would feel great in the heat of the late spring/summer). I like HI's when on road-trips for the family because we can do a quick load of laundry ($8USD for a large wash/dry load) and be on our way. AC worked well and is quieter than some, but not super quiet. We thought it was a appropriate value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I, both seniors and world travellers, have, for the past 20 years, enjoyed our annual, one month Mexico winter escape from Canada's brutally cold climate (Winnipeg, Canada - need I say more?)) for 20 years now. The Holiday Inn Sunspree, Mazatlan has always filled all of our needs and will, hopefully, continue to fill all of our winter vacation needs for many years to come.

The beach location is wonderful, the facilities are everything you could ask for and the staff (whom we now know personally by first names) are like family to us. The Hotel Manager, David Osuna Velaquez, is a gentleman of the highest order, who has always gone the 'extra mile' to ensure that we have a wonderful vacation every year that we visit.

Please do visit this vacation resort. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. My wife and I recently chose this resort for our 50th Wedding Anniversary vacation. Five years ago we took our 10 children and grandchildren. What higher recommendation can I give?

Barry Hadfield, CANADA

Room Tip: Take the ocean-view rooms. All have outside balconies and are well worth the extra. If you really want to spoil yourself, take the terraza rooms (walk out, extra length patios complete with outside loungers, tables and chairs. No noise anywhere in this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I never thought I'd be so happy with a Holiday Inn! It was everything we needed and more. The room was immaculate, the lock box and parking were free, the pool was gorgeous and clean, the beach was flat, sunny and beautiful. Even the food was amazing! The staff are superb. The atmosphere was fabulous, a nice mix of Mexican families and touristas. The location is great, on the northern end of Zona Durada. We were able to walk to convenience stores and restaurants, though you still need a taxi to get to the boardwalk or Plaza Machada. I recommend crossing the street to get your beer at the little market so you don't have to pay the $300 pesos + tip for the beer at the hotel. We only stayed here one night before our time share, and we missed it! It was so much better than our timeshare (Torres Mazatlan). Highly recommended!!

Oh, and yes the beds are firm, but this is not just the Holiday Inn, it is EVERYWHERE in Mexico. Personally, I liked it and my back appreciated it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends