“Great Hotel, Perfect Staff, Charming Atmosphere, Well Maintained, Excelllent Service”

Mariana Beach Apartments & Hotel
Ranked #26 of 50 Mazatlan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel is the best of the best. It is a charming atmosphere with cool Mexican-style open spaces, historic arches adorned with plants, and an awesome staff. Sofia manages the hotel with perfection, professionalism, and pays attention to detail. The rest of the staff, Mati, Julia, Jesus, Mari, Guadalupe, and Frederico, are super people. This is a staff that has been carefully selected, and couldn't be nicer, or do a better job. They help you with every little detail of your vacation, and are a pleasure to be around. The grounds and rooms are very well maintained. The housekeeping staff keeps the apartments super clean. The view from the hotel to the ocean is gorgeous. Each apartment has a kitchen and eating area. The apartments are very artistic, with unique wall art, painted by a local artist, and very interesting pictures on the wall, and gorgeous lamps on the furniture. It couldn't have had a better vacation experience. The Mariana can't be beat, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Every apartment is unique, and has its own name. I had a wonderful time in the Palapa, with a great...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mariana Beach Apartments & Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Just returned from Mazatlan. I stayed here at the Mariana while I was making arrangements to bring my yacht down from Ensenada. I needed something very reasonable, didnt care much about the hotel amenities. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is practically on the beach.
A one minute walk across the sand and your there. The hotel is old but is very clean and the people who work there are fabulous. They have WiFi and balconies that everyone can use. The roof is one large balcony. You can watch the waves and surfers. The beach is private and beautifully maintained. There is live American 70's and 80's music across the street. You can go there and eat and listen or you can nestle in on the balconies at the Mariana and enjoy the music and the bustle of the people walking by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank codefore
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Hello
stayed here march 1 - 15. was giving another great room. very comfortable. maid service was very prompt and effencent. check in was quick. the staff was very friendly and helpfull. i will be coming back. tey remodeled the office, look very nice. iove thelocation, as its central to so many things

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Felt so at home from the moment I arrived at this cozy little hotel on the Golden Zone. Verneen and Alfredo, the owners and hosts go out of their way to make sure you enjoy their beautiful city as much as they do...from personally taking taking you to the local markets, art galleries, etc dropping you off at great restarants.Making sure you know where to go and how to get there on your own. If you have an interest in grafitti...Verneen will take you there...want to see cemetary works of art...ditto. Organic market...the same .They booked us wonderful day rooms along the parade route for carnivale and made us a great meal. The Hotel itself is unpretentious...staff friendly and helpful. A little noisy...but hey it was Carnivale. My room was clean and perfect for what I wanted and expected. The rooftop here is unbelievable for sunset watching. I would go back....my only regret was not booking for longer. I will remedy that next time

1  Thank nonalea
Reviewed 10 March 2013

spent a wonderful month at marianna beach hotel..cant wait to return next winter...verneen and alfredo went far and beyond to make our holiday enjoyable and show us as much as possible about mazatlan and mexican culture. not a fancy hotel but more then adequate.. great location every thing we needed within walking distance .took bus few times to city center ..cheap.and fun to ride.given our dependance on automoble..our plane connections not the best but will start early..see u all again..

2  Thank gks155040
Reviewed 17 February 2013

For my first trip to Mazatlan, it was amazing. I have been to all inclusive's, hotels, and bed & breakfasts and this was a charming little inn that thrives on making their guests feel at home and like you are part of their family.
The staff was wonderful and aim to please.
Verneen and Alfredo are amazing hosts and for a first time visitor to the area, showed me and my family around Mazatlan. Verneen spent several days driving us to Art Galleries, the markets, the cemetery, visiting the racoons and Alfredo gave us an excellent recommendation for a restaurant and even drove us there.
Everyone that stayed here was so friendly and outgoing and it didn't take long to grow friendships and tour around with them.
We were able to find everything in the area that we needed and felt safe despite all the bad press Mazatlan is getting.
It is an economical place to stay but don't let that stop you from staying here as with the money you save from all the tips I got from staff and long term visitors at the hotel, you have that extra money to buy some of the exceptional things in the area made by the local craftspeople.

Plus - close to the beach and shopping, great sunsets on the roof, the staff and friendly visitors, owners make you feel at home
Minus - Noisy at night till midnight
Thank you everyone at the Mariana, I can see why people come back year after year and for longer duration's. You will see me back soon.

Room Tip: The apartment rooms have a full kitchen and good if you like to cook. Although there is no pool on...
Reviewed 23 December 2012

The website for this hotel is so misleading. We have lived in Mexico for over 2 years and love real Mexican charm, but want to feel comfortable. There is a difference between charms and ramshackle. Luckily, we noticed there were no pillow cases on the pillows which were only covered with faded old shams. The maid gave us pillow cases and when we took the pillows out of the shams, they were disgusting.
There is no on site parking. You park across the street and are given a card to put in the dash.
We left shortly after checking in and chose another hotel.
The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple