“Amazing Experience”

Mazatlan Bike Tours
Ranked #15 of 48 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the coutryside around Mazatlan by bike. For example in the afternoon, I take you to the trails with the single tracks and finish on the top at the mountain where the view is just marvelous. I call that one adventure "sunset biking". The one in the morning is for admiring the nature and the environment with a little bit adrenaline but the people in the tour chose the degree of difficulty.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from Mazatlan for our honeymoon. While she spent the day at the spa I wanted to get out and explore what Mazatlan had to offer. I found Rudy through Google and contacted him about a ride. He bent over backwards to accommodate me very last minute and work me into his schedule. The ride was through great single track, ocean bluffs, and a nature preserve. Rudy was a great guide and taught me about the land and heritage as we rode. Rudy was a great guide and allowed me to set my own pace, it had been over a year since my last mountain biking trip so I was a little rusty. This was one of the highlights of my trip and I would recommend it to anyone, no matter your skill level. Thanks again Rudy!

1  Thank Jason W

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just returned from Mazatlan where I did a MTB ride with Rudy and Camacho; the experience exceeded my expectations.

I travel a fair amount and on many occasions have rented mountain bikes, arranged for guides in areas I've never been, etc.. I'd never done so in Mexico and decided to do this one at the last minute. Sent Rudy an email on a Monday requesting a ride for Wednesday; explained I was looking for full Mazatlan experience but definitely wanted some challenge, technical, even "red zone" type intensity for at least part of the ride. He responded very quickly, confirmed he could tailor the ride to whatever we wanted of felt like that day; finalized everything via a couple of emails.

Wednesday morning, Rudy and Camacho showed up as planned, where I was staying right on time with bikes, food, water and ready to go. We rode an area that Rudy and other volunteers have built and maintained; it was part of a course where a World Cup XC race was held years ago. Great ride, great workout; we continued with a kind of cool down ride in a adjacent nature preserve then rode over to trails the crisscross ocean cliffs and a bit of beach riding as well.
Rudy even took a few pictures along the way and sent them to me via email afterward.

What more could I ask for? Great ride, nice people, great workout, saw some things that no one other than MTB riders will ever see; and Rudy is a genuine nice guy.

I look forward to next winter and hopefully doing another ride, maybe discover what trail building has taken place in the mean time.

1  Thank JohnMTB
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I approached Rudy the day before about a 'technical' ride and he delivered with some serious single track. Of course his priority was making sure the ride was something I was comfortable with and continually reinforced "this is your ride!" He took plenty of time for photos and stops at places of interest. It was a personalized tour of the country and definitely worth the money. Saw a ton of unique plants and wildlife!

1  Thank Derek R
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I had researched things to do in Mazatlan on Trip Advisor and saw Rudys high reviews. We went mountain biking our second day and were so thrilled we did! We asked for the view ride near the beach and he delivered! Not only on the route but on his knowledge of wildlife and stopping and getting us a fresh coconut to sit and watch the sunset! Then he delivered a disc of photos to my room at my hotel that he took for us. The only problem we had was not enough time to do another different tour as we had already packed up our time with other excursions. I will definitely be going back to Mazatlan as well as calling Rudy for a trip out to the Sierra Madres!

1  Thank bucketlistkicker
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Riding bikes with Rudy was great. He is super nice, provides the bikes, adjusts the tour to your interests, and knows the area real well. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Heike123