“Trip of a lifetime!”

Aries Fishing Fleet
More attraction details
Owner description: With years of experience, El Cid’s full-service marina strives to provide unforgettable boating, sport fishing, and ocean-related adventures. You’ll love the year-round opportunities for sport fishing with abundant tuna, sailfish, marlin, grouper, dorado, sea bass and more. Offering first-class services and amenities, top-notch boats and equipment with experienced captain and crew, Aries Fleet will make your sport fishing charter an unforgettable experience. See why this region is called the Billfish Capital of the World.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I decided to book a fishing trip as they had been catching fish the few days prior, so thought maybe we can get one. To my surprise it would turn into a trip of a lifetime. We went on Aries III with Martin and Julio who were absolutely fabulous.

The ride out was long as it takes 90min or so before you start fishing it was a beautiful day with not a whole lot of wind. We saw one whale on our way out. We finally got to where we were going to fish and it wasn't 30min and zing....the line went and they were like fish on get in the chair.....Marlin #1 was landed about 20-30 min later. It was about 110lbs. It wasn't 15min later and Marlin #2 was hooked, and 20 min later it was landed. We release this one. About 90-100lbs. I was already like wow what a trip. 2 fish by 930am....the day was complete right.

We drove around for a while looking for fish, whales, and turtles. We saw a couple of turtles. I was resting laying on the bench when all of a sudden zing again. I was like no way another one. Sure enough we had hooked another fish. I got into the chair and started reeling when zing another line went. So, I called my wife to get into the chair and I would have to reel from the bench. My fish didn't stay on too long, so I asked my wife how she was doing she was done after about 3 min...lol. So I got back into the chair to finish. It was another 30 min or so and when the fish got close Julio was like Sailfish....I was a little disappointed as I thought they were smaller. Again we were surprised as the Sailfish that we landed was 103" longer and bigger then the 2 previous Marlin. They don't get much bigger then this fish. Martin was like you would win a car with that fish. I was super tired reeling in 3 fish and had blisters to prove it. Then again not long and zing...I was like NO WAY. I got into the chair watching the line go and a few jumps from the Marlin and then he was off. Kind of a relief....whew.

I had thought we were headed back in but we were checking one last spot before we were done as it was only 1130 or so.....then suddenly zing the line went another Marlin hooked. I got into chair and reeled him in. A few pictures and released. That one got me as when we were taking pictures his tail slammed my hand into the boat and broke a bunch of blood vessels...Martin said we are done...I was like yep I am done. My hand and shoulders were finished.

7 hits and 4 fish brought in...WHAT A DAY! I will for sure be going with Aries III and Martin and Julio next time I get down there!

Thanks so much for a trip of a lifetime!!!

3  Thank Sean A
"dorado"
"sights"
"dock"

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The fishing here with the Aries Fleet is fabulous! Our captain Josr and mate Chris (both times cause I asked for them!) are skilled and really friendly! Yellowfin Tuna and a sailfish the first time and a really nice sailfish the second time out! These guys are great!

1  Thank AndyandJo-Ann
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just got back from Mazatlan, and went fishing on the 5th of July. I decided to go this time with Aries after reading such good reviews. They did not dissapoint. I've deep sea fished Mazatlan about 7 times now, and while know that there are a lot of factors involved in catching big game fish, Aries did all they could, and it paid off. They were very friendly and made a memorable trip for my friends who caught their first sailfish. The last one was a monster! Highly reccomended,.

1  Thank XTCSkylarkingXTC
Reviewed 16 June 2013

fishing was quiet, until the line took off and this huge fish jumped out of the water. reeled in a 450 lb blue marlin.

2  Thank jandernm
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Had a great day fishing with the some of our new friends and the crew of the Aries III - Martin and Julio! It was a somewhat quiet day of fishing, although one of the guys reeled in a large Mahi Mahi - which was absolutely beautiful in the water! And then we accidentally caught a Bonita - which they called a "Lady Fish" - which really meant it was to be reeled in by a lady! We saw a large school of tuna swim by the boat and quite a few sea turtles out in the middle of the ocean just swimming around! We even made their fishing report a few weeks later! The other couple went back out a few days later to try their luck again - and hauled in two striped Marlin! Now you're talking! So we were fortunate enough to have two great nights of freshly caught fish expertly prepared by the chef/staff at La Marina at the El Cid Marina Beach. Had a great time - thank you!

1  Thank iameless