“One of the few consistently good restaurants in Old Mazatlan”
Review of Cafe El Faro

Cafe El Faro
Ranked #165 of 412 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Granite Bay
“One of the few consistently good restaurants in Old Mazatlan”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I live in Mazatlan for 6 months a year and eat out frequently. El Faro is one of very few restaurants that we can count on as always being good. The waiters are helpful and will fill any requests you may have. The menu is varied with something for everyone. Traditional Mexican fare and plenty of north of the border items like pork chops available, and the prices are extremely reasonable. We have never been let down by our meals there, and we have been at many of the other restaurants in Centro and Olas Atlas. The restaurant is right on the Malecon in the Olas Altas area of Mazatlan.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Saturday8

Az
“After Starbucks Café el Faro”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Best coffee shop in the Historic District of Mazatlán good service great coffee and they also have a rest under the same name in Olas Altas with real good food and very good prices.

Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect place for breakfast”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We went to Cafe El Faro on the recommendation of Deb at Tippy Toes spa (which itself is a must-see in Maz). El Faro is on the "main drag" in Old Mazatlan in a strip of restaurants right across from the Olas Altas beach. I am a big fan of "the little things" so I was very excited that not only is your first coffee free, but you can have a latte or cappuccino as your first. The cappuccino was fantastic - it was actually more of a latte, so if you don't like lattes, I'd say stick with straight coffee, but I was really happy with it. They advertise that they grind their own coffee. The service was good, very casual, and the price was really, really good. I had pancakes (30 pesos!) and hub had the Grande Slam (50 pesos!). The server brought my husband extra toast in case he was still hungry, and they have a really great salsa to go with the eggs. The food was really good - it's breakfast, and I rarely find breakfast terribly exciting, but I would certainly go back to El Faro and will recommend it highly.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank BraveTrout
Mazatlán, Sinaloa
“Senor Manolo Strikes Again..”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Manolo aka Manny - brought La Cueva Del Leon out of the ashes... Last year's greatest hit in Olas Altas.

The owner of Cafe El Faro - the latest little upstart cafe en El Malecon de Olas Altas - managed to bring this master chef to our favorite hangout.

Cheap plates - $50 - full meals and great food. Wonderful friendly place - I visit every day - and the food and prices have just gotten so much better I had to make a little noise.

Try the Chili Rellenos - or not a vegetarian - their plates of beef and pork are huge - more than I have ever been able to finish. And cheap!

Coming to Mazatlan or live here with us already - check out Cafe El Faro.

- senor marcos