“Unique Shopping - Amazing Crafts and Coffee”
Review of Casa Etnika

Casa Etnika
Ranked #2 of 18 Shopping in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Casa Etnika offers distinctive, handcrafted products for highly personalized individual use and home decoration. We offer our customers the experience garnered from having obtained our wonderful artisan merchandise that we bring exclusively from the remote corners of our beloved Mexico. We offer a vast range of handicrafts and decorative articles that are hand made by artisans from diverse regions of Mexico. At Casa Etnika you are assured of an original, distinctive piece at an accessible price.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Winnipeg, Canada
“Unique Shopping - Amazing Crafts and Coffee”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have been visiting Mazatlan for many years and Casa Etnika is my favourite shop. It is full of amazing unique items that you won't find anywhere else. Everything is handmade and the selection is great - whether you are looking for jewelry, something for your home, a bright scarf, or a unique gift for someone. They also have artwork that is worth a look. On my last visit to Mazatlan I made more than visit to the store and each time found something new to purchase. The owners, Helena and Miguel are very helpful and make you feel like family when you visit. And if you are a coffee lover you will need to take a moment, have a seat and sip one of the best coffees in Mazatlan. I highly recommend this store.

Visited February 2012

Berkeley, California
“Best crafts and best coffee in mazatlan”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My partner and I would not miss the opportunity to browse and shop and sip great capuccino in this marvelous wonder filled space on Sixto Ozuna in the historic center of Mazatlan. Any taxi or "pulmonia" ( local only open golf cart style taxis) can take you to The Plazuela Machado. From to there it is 3 short walking blocks to Casa Etnika. At first glance you may think it is just a cafe as their espresso machine and tables are up front at the street entrance, but do not fail to delve further into the glorious interior spaces, where Miguel and Helena have displayed their artists' work with a real curatorial eye. They have personal connections with craftspeople all over Mexico and have brought the best of both contemporary and indigenous craft work to this one lovely space for your benefit. We found heartstoppingly lovely gifts for everyone on our holiday list and brought home bags of the marvelous coffee beans from Chiapas that are locally roasted and served in their coffee bar. The jewelry is exquisite and represents numerous artists including Helena herself. The traditional crafts are not cheap, nor should they be. The hours and hours of work and skill that went into each piece is more than evident. If you don't shop anywhere else in Mazatlan, don't miss this place.

Visited December 2012
Mazatlan, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place for finding something different”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Helena & Miguel the owners of Casa Etnika have some of the best hand made crafts from around Mexico. If you are looking for something different for a gift or for yourself I am sure they can help you find that something special.Also they make some of the greatest coffee.

Berkeley, California
“a unique place”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

having traveled all over Mexico, it has been hard for me to find a "real" Mexican handicraft store because it seems that half the stuff I find is not even made in Mexico! So imagine my pleasant surprise when I stumbled across Casa Etnika in Mazatlan. The store is filled with 100% made in Mexico handicrafts, most of which would qualify as art in the strictest sense of the word. All the items are authentic and the selection is vast. The owners are very knowledgeable and speak excellent English. You can tell that the owners are comitted to bringing the public fair trade indigenous art, all of it very unique. The place is so comfortable and colorful that visiting Casa Etnika is a cultural experience in itself. Casa Etnika rocks!

Muncie, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Must visit in Mazatlan!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My grandma always takes her guests of Mazatlan to Casa Etnika for shopping, and I'm so glad she took us. I found several things to take home for myself and for gifts for friends and children. There is beautiful jewlery and hand crafted items along with good quality unique t-shirts.

Thank you Helena and your very helpful and patient husband! From Shannon (with patient and funny husband)