“Great place.”

El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I spent a week at this hotel in Feb. 2014. I booked a tour with Sun Country Airlines. It was one of the best vacations I have been on. The airline service was excellent. The land tour Pronatours was also great. All the staff at the hotel were helpful and did a great job. I was very impressed with the buffet. It was easy to eat healthy if you wanted to. I will be back next year.

Room Tip: The higher the better on a corner.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sawyerpk
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Sawyerpk,

Wonderful words about a great place, I am glad to know that we met all your expectations and that we be part of one of your best vacations you have been on.
I am very happy to know that you enjoy our land tour with all the staff of Pronatours and also the staff of the hotel made their job making you feel served. I definetely will give them a mention for the great job they do day by day.

It is awesome to hear that you found our buffet with healthy food and variety and that all our work hard improving our menus choices for our guests have met your expectations.

I hope to see you back soon and not in a far future. I'm sure el Cid resorts will be part of one more great vacation.

Best Regards,

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,093)

998 - 1,004 of 4,093 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2014

as pleased with the central location of The hotel. After looking at some out in emerald bay I'm very pleased we chose el cid, which is more centrally located. Be sure to get a room facing the ocean. The food in the Mexican restaurant was pretty good. The Argentinian was decent. Sushi really wasn't bad. The pool side snack bar was good. The buffet was pretty iffy but if you're going to Mexico for the good....well....don't. Be sure to make dinner reservations early each day or you'll be stuck in The buffet. The hotel had dome construction while we were there near the pool/ beach area. Really wasnt that big of a deal. It's important to note that not all el cid hotels are equal. The moro liked ok but the granada one was pretty dumpy from what we saw. No view, small pool, etc. castila beach was the best of The el cid. I'd go back!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank angiel826
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear, angiel826

Your recommendation are really appreciated we valued all your nice comments about our convenient location, nice beach and our services, your review will be of great help for the TripAdvisor readers to take a choice of which is the best option when they travel to Mazatlan.

It is so pleasant to read that the most to know what more you enjoyed our hotel was food and our variety of restaurants one more than others, be assured that we are making improvements in order to overcome any issues. As well we work with our hotel, we know that we are in a competitive market and always are working in improvements.

We deeply appreciate your positive review and comments and hope to have the chance to welcome you back for many years to come!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Service, food and atmosphere are all superb, very Mexican though so if that's not your thing (we love it) be warned. Didn't have a single bad server but poolside waiters Jaime, Roberto and Enrique, plus Adnan at lunch and Raul at the buffet were phenomenal - considerate, attentive and treated the kids like gold. Jesus at the Sushi club was a real treat as well, and Francisco Renteria is like an old friend. All the bar staff at the south pool are awesome. Smiles, tips and a little bit of Spanish always go a long way here - its our 7th year coming to Castilla and we'll be back again. Only disappointment is the disappearance of the beach volleyball court, was always a good time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Trevor S
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear, Trevor S

It’s very pleased to know that you enjoyed all that we and the area have to offer. ..we have worked hard to appreciate our guests and visiting El Cid Castilla should be like returning home.

I am glad to note that our friendly staff exceeded your expectations; it is rewarding to note that our focus on consistency and efficient service is welcome and we will review our approach in delivery and make the necessary adjustments to add more warmth.
You can expect the best in personalized service from the management, which takes great pains to make your vacation the best time of your life. I will make sure that the Food and beverage team hears your accolades! S

Again, thank you very much for your kind words and your loyalty. We appreciate it and the pleasure is all ours. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel was vey clean and the staff at the main entrance were very attentive when we arrived, but then it went down hill from there. We checked into our room and soon discovered the beds were very hard (like sleeping on the floor) and the pillows were just as bad. We called the front desk on the next morning and asked if they could do something about the beds. Two days later they added a mattress pad. We went in search of the restaurant only to be told that it closed at 6 and we would have to go to the main buffet to eat or make reservations at the other restaurant. For being all inclusive it was very limiting. Our door lock would not work so we were locked out of room several times before they decided it needed to be replaced. I loved the beaches and the sun, but I would not go back to this resort. Poor customer service and limitations on when you can eat and where.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SherryC24
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear, SherryC24

Thank you for taking the time in giving us a brief description on your aspect of our Resort. It´s great to hear that you found very clean hotel and the staff entrance was courteous, as well our good beaches and nice sun.

I am discontent that you did not have a quick response to your problems for part of our front desk when you had the problem with hard mattresses, likewise when you trying to use one of our restaurants and not have the proper information to use our all inclusive package. Your comment into consideration and for sure we going to do about this, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

I hope you keep coming back to give us a chance to change your first impression.
Good wishes,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel was surprisingly good. If you want an authentic Mexican experience, go to Mazatlan. The people are good the food was good, the drug cartels were hospitable (kidding) the whole trip was incredible!
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeParsons77
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear, MikeParsons77

We want to thank you for your trust and let us part of your recent trip to Mazatlan; we feel honored such in among options you choosing El Cid Castilla.

I’m glad to read that you experienced was on your expectations and you will back soon to Mazatlan! We sincerely hope to be the hotel of your choice.

My best,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our stay at El CID was incredible. The staff was great. We were especially impressed with service by Rosalie our room attendant, La Concha waiters at breakfast and lunch Jesus and his partner Armando along with captain Guilermo, dinner waiters Josue Romero and Jonathan Lerma and Sergio Roho at the Club Grill. The waiters have a good understanding of English and provide excellent service. Also hats off to security guard Julio Cesar Hernandez Contreras for helping through the Spanish to get minutes on our phone. We love El CID Mazatlan and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear, Carol J

Thank you so much for your more than positive review! We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible and I'm excited that we were able to exceed your expectations in this area.

I really want to thank you for your special thanks to Guillermo, Armando, Josue Romero, Jonathan Lerma, Sergio, Roho, Julio Cesar Hernandez and Jesus. We are proud of the positive team service, and certainly proud in the overall El Cid experience. Our staff strives to be the best and to make you feel right at home with genuine hospitality.

As we wait for your quick return, we hope you contact us should you feel we can make it a better stay for you…and please, return as soon as you can!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff here were absolutely incredible! Everyone was always happy to see us, and pretty much catered to our every need. By about the third day that we were there, one of the ladies greeting us at the door at La Pergola had pretty much memorized where we liked to sit, what our names were and if we went down in pairs instead of our regular group of 6, she knew automatically how many there were of us and was always quick to say "You're friends are right over here!" and would guide us there! I wish I had grabbed her name, because she was just great. The food was phenomenal, at the buffet and at all the restaurants across the resort. The food and drink bars located at the pools were also great, but we often ended up just getting out of the pool to get our drinks because nobody would come to us at the swim-up parts. Speaking of the pools, the girls that I was with and myself, give a huge shoutout to Hans and Frank who were always kind and inclusive and made sure that we always had something to do. They made the trip really fun, and were very personable. We looked forward to seeing them everyday and the activities that they carried out were always fun and got everyone involved. They even found us at the restaurant and would talk to us and ask us how our day was and such. A+ to them. Our room was amazing, facing the ocean! And them cleaning staff always made sure we had enough towels and facecloths, everyday we would come back up and everything was cleaned up nicely. Overall, our trip was one of the best that I have been on and I look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Courtney,

First of all I will like to say thanks, for choosing us like the best choice for your destination on your group trip to Mazatlan; I just can't explain you how wonderful is to hear that we met all your expectations and that you will come back in not a far future.

I'm very happy to know that our waiters, maid staff and activities staff were always very kind and helpful in all your needs. And that they made that your vacation were more enjoyable and fun.
I will let them know your good comments about them; I know they'll be more than happy to hear about you.

I hope you don't doubt in come back with your group in your next trip and let us be part of your vacations.

Kind Regards,