“Best Vacation Ever!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
El Paso, Texas
“Best Vacation Ever!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This year's vacation was for me to go to one of the Best Hotels in Mazatlan, El Cid Castilla Beach Hote. The wonderful Hotel is lauded for its views and customer service , with amenities like expansive suite, an open-air design spa and a pool with a view, the staff litterally cater to all your needs. I went with my family of 53 people and even though those numbers are big each one of us was treated like royalty. Ahhh the Cabana boys the food the ambiance cant go wrong. There was shows like Las Vegas every night! This is the place to go just make sure you are prepared to gain weight the food is so delicant and endless..

Room Tip: request the presidental suites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear, Sonraya H

Thank you for reviewing El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the good news is that it won’t be your last stay!

Your positive comments were like a breath of fresh air and we are grateful for them. And thank you for pointing out our great location, service and Food and beverage. We are impressed of your marvelous feedbacks. Glad to read that you found your room spacious, clean and comfortable and that the hotel was well for your needs. I will pass your comments to my as for the result of their hard work. I am sure that your comment will support them to function better with a good service in the future.

I am very pleased that you took the time to share your suggestions with us in a very detailed way. We really hope you felt special and were treated as an individual. We invite you back anytime and please, do recommend us.

Best regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great if you DON'T GET ALL INCLUSIVE. My brother had his wedding at La Concha (which is wonderful), and most of the 250 guests stayed here. Sone of us got a fruit basket some didnt. The all inclusive package does not include all bars. The food at Castilla is terrible like chicken nuggets and french fries. There was hardly any fruit at breakfast, on one ocasion, no yogurt. They did not offer wine with meals. Dessert options were limited. There are many wonderful places to eat outside of the hotel within walking distance, or a ride on a pulmonia. If you stay here don't get all inclusive and check out the other wonderful places El Malecón has to offer (like Panama).

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Edith Griselle R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay. It is a pleasure to hear are hotel meets your expectations. We really appreciated to share this important even such as your brother’s wedding with us.

I was intrigued to read your review in regards to the food. I'll be personally checking with the Master chef the variety of menu in each of our restaurants to see what really happened and the service that we offer to our guests. Mazatlan it a place with too many beautiful places and restaurants, we are located in the heart of the best area to enjoy. Sincerely I would like to invite you to visit us again and let us pamper you as you deserve.

My best,

Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stay at hotel for one week, the staff was more than helpful, the accomodations were excellent and the food was very good. NIDIA, YUVIA, MARISELA, SAMMIE GREEN, SALVADOR, ANA, THANIA, ARE ALL READY TO ASSIST IN ANY WAY

Room Tip: Ask for any help, and they will be more than helpful to make your stay comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Shane B

We have been really delighted to hear your happy comments about comfort, service and warm atmosphere of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel. I’m proud to be part of these great team we promise to provide a the best service, we feel very proud to meet your expectations in details. Thus, any small details are very important for us. It is truly motivational to understand that our efforts are recognized.
We will be glad to welcome you back at El Cid to make your Mazatlan visit comfortable and memorable.

Best regards,

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at Cid Castilla for a weekend, the hotel was very crowded, most of the all inclusive buffets were very regular, food from lunch was almost the same as for dinner and the breakfast was the best meal of the day, a la carte dinners were much better.... bad service at the restaurants, the pool, and the beach area, several times I needed to look for the cutlery or salt-shaker for myself because the table doesn't have any and the waiters were very busy attending other tables. The check In process was fast, they gave us a room before the check in time (Excellent), the room was small, I expected something more spacious, the complex is huge!! there are 3 hotels in 1, a lot of things to do but you need to find them for yourself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear, Farbeyond

We want to thank you for let us part of your recent trip to Mazatlan. I’m happy to read that you receive your room as soon as you arrived with us, as well to know that you are impressed with our resort and our big pools.

An apology to know that you have a bad impression of the service during your stay, unfortunately this can be a little busy for this time, in some times for the day, I do not give you a excuses just to offered my regrets about the inconvenient, we are doing our best as always and for your comments and suggestions we work harder.

As one of our Cid Castilla Preferred Guests, we do hope you could choose to stay with us during your next stay and witness the improvement we are undertaking. Please feel free to contact me as I shall personally make sure your stay a memorable one.

With best regards and assuring you of best services at all times.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had the pleasure of being entertained by Cesar!! His English was absolutely amazing. He went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. He made sure we were having fun and learning some spanish. He is absolutely amazing with kids. He took time out of his busy day to make us feel like we were at "home" while staying there. He is a very kind compassionate individual who "made" our trip!! Thank you Cesar!!

• Stayed March 2014
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Hcroatt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! we are a just a group of people working hard to exceed your expectations, and we do our best to ensure that everyone is comfortable and happy.

It is so nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated and Cesar truly wish to thank you for taking the time to reward him with your kindness. On behalf of the staff specially Cesar, thank you so much for being our guest and for showing your appreciation.

Hope you have enjoyed your trip and had a great time in our city.

With best regards,

Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This winter was brutal on the east coast. In February we got tired of the icy and snow and decided to take a vacation to Mexico. We booked a seven day stay at the El Cid resort. When we arrived we notice El Cid Castilla Beach to be a beautiful resort. The check in process was fast, and the check in clerk was helpful and a pleasure to interact with. The room was modern and spacious. Our room was on the 13 floor and had a large balcony overlooking the ocean. Our room was very quiet we did not hear a sound from other rooms. The internet worked everywhere in the resort.
The resort offers free transportation from the airport; they do this to get an opportunity to sell you a selection of tours. If you agree to attend a presentation they will give you a choice of gifts. The gifts in my opinion are worth the time. The resort offers free transportation to other El Cid resorts. We visited the marina resort and the country club resort. We will probably stay the Marina El Cid on our next trip to experience a different environment. Both the Castilla Beach resort and the Marina El Cid are excellent resorts we my come back every year if our future visits are as good as this vacation.
The resort has a number of restaurants on the property. We ate most of our meals at the resort and were satisfied with the quality of the food. Our favorite restaurant overlooked the ocean; I believe the name is the La Concha . We ate here every day, on a number of days we ate 3 meals at this restaurant. The waiters were very good and courteous. The Beach was beautiful and well maintained. The pools were beautiful, large and well maintained.
There is a Walmart close to the resort. The room we were in has a full kitchen but we did not purchase food to cook ourselves. The next time we come here we will make a trip to Walmart and purchase food to prepare.
We signed up for several tours and we recommend the tours offered by the resort, they are reasonable in cost and very enjoyable. The people who work at this resort are very professional and go out of their way to welcome you and to make sure you enjoy your visit.
The temperature average 82 degrees each day and the sky was clear every day. Over the years we have visited many resorts in the Caribbean islands, Puerto Rico and the Dominion Republics. This resort is an equal to most of the resorts we have visited. We had a great time at this resort; we will come back to this resort many times for our future vacations.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 13 floor and had a large balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear intrepid9742,

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to write. Comments such as yours make our day! It’s extremely encouraging when we hear that your service excellences which we are so proud of have made your holiday memorable.

We are proud to offer our guests a selection of quality food items at all our Restaurants…good food and service is critically important to our customers and our Executive Chef does a great job.

It is very refreshing when comments like these are posted about our hotel. It speaks volume about our efforts in accomplishing a quality guest centered service experience. There is little to be added to this guest response other than, thank you.

I appeal to all readers who are still on the fence on deciding where to stay in Mazatlan for their next visit. Stay at El Cid Castilla where you will interact with a friendly, attentive staff that will be willing to cater to your every need.

We would like to host you once again in your next visit to Mazatlan, in one of our 4 hotels of your choice, we will happy to give a warm welcome.

My best,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My boyfriend is in the military and we decided to go to away after he returned from deployment. He found a deal at El Cid Castilla and it seemed perfect. The pictures looked great. It had an all inclusive package and it was on the beach. I have just returned from the trip and I am sorry to say that the resort is nothing to brag about.

There were some good things that I should mention. First, the staff is extremely welcoming and kind. They remembered our names and always said hello to us. The pools are huge and clean. The activities at the pool are fun. The rooms are spacious. I loved the bathtub and the toiletries that they provided were great quality. They even upgraded us to a room with a king size bed. We both got massages and our therapists were professional and talented.

Unfortunately, there was a lot that disappointed me. When we checked in, the process took over 30 minutes because the front desk had lost our room keys and other check-in materials. They welcomed us to the property but did not orient us to the hotel or all-inclusive amenities. For example, we were never told that we had to make reservations for the dinner restaurants. We were also never told that after we made reservations, we had to pick up our dinner tickets at Customer Service before they closed. We did not find out until our last day at the property that some beach activities (like boogie boarding) was also included in our package. Nobody told us that they had a gym (across the street) and I had to inquire about the spa. Also, the hotel is huge. It took us almost a day to figure out where everything was located.

The food was average. Breakfast was decent and fresh. We loved the pastries. Lunch was just ok. Dinner was terrible. The first night, we went to their sushi restaurant. There was not a large selection of sushi or sashimi to choose from. My rolls reminded me of what I would find at a grocery store. They were fine. I did not get sick. The second night, we went to the Italian restaurant, which was highly recommended by someone at the front desk. The food was horrible. My salad was bitter. Both entrees were recommended highly by our server. I got the stuffed chicken. It was stuffed with ground beef and it was chewy. My boyfriend got the steak and not only was it way undercooked but it tasted horrible. Our sides were cold. We ordered gelato for dessert. It tasted like grocery store ice cream and it was melted. They only serve a rose and a white wine at the Italian place. We wanted to order (and pay for) a bottle of red but our server told us not to do it. Another thing that we found odd was that at both dinner restaurants, they asked us to order all of our food at once. We typically like to have an appetizer or two and then order our salad and then entree. They said we could not do that. We felt rushed. I was so disappointed in the food and the restaurant experience that on our final night, we decided to eat outside of the hotel.

Our rooms were clean and spacious but it was as if the walls were paper thin. We were near the pool and could hear the people and music all day. It finally quieted down after sun set but it was very hard to take naps in the afternoon. At night, we could hear our neighbors on both sides and everyone who walked past our room. The first two nights, I was woken up by a screaming child. The last night, packs of teenagers were screaming in the hallway. Also, while there is air conditioning, it does not work well. I woke up each night, feeling very warm.

We were hoping for a romantic few days to reconnect and relax and overall, we found that hard. Laying out by the pool or the beach was fun but otherwise, we were disappointed. I wish the staff had done a better job of orienting us to the hotel and that the rooms were more comfortable. I would not return to this hotel but I would return to Mazetlan. If you do decide to stay at this resort, I would make sure to read the reviews and get to know the property as soon as you arrive. It will make for a much better experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie G
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear, Julie G

I appreciate you taking the time in letting us know about your recent trip we always admire honest feedback which point out to us things that need improvement. I am glad my staff was able to provide such great costumer service to help you feel comfortable. I apologies that you were not informed properly about your all inclusive plan and because of that you missed out on some activities , I will definitely look into this matter and give the proper instruction in how to inform our guest about the package so this does not happen again. In regards to the food rest assure that all of your comments have been shown to our chef and we are working on ways to better improve our food and beverages to fulfill our guest satisfaction. We hope you can reconsider us in a near future and give us another chance to show you our hard efforts in becoming the best we can possibly be.

Kind regards ,