“El Cid Castillo Customer Service”

El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“El Cid Castillo Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you happen to choose a Mazatlan resort, there is no other place to check in than El Cid Castillo. The most overwhelming difference is the customer service and quick to help kindness. I made multiple requests to Karla, Estfefany, and Marisela - many of them unusual. No matter the issue, they get it done. In addition, the english at this resort is the best. Also, all 3 of these girls are quick to give you the best advise to save money and appropriate tips and how much to pay while you are here... I will come back to El Cid purely for the customer service. Amazing !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear BNikhazy,

Thank you for taking the time in filling us in on your recent stay here with us, we truly appreciate hear such great feedback from our fellow guests. I am so happy to hear that my staff was what made your stay truly wonderful, I am so proud of my Elite Girls for going above and beyond in insuring you were well taken care of, Estefany, Marisela and Karla well me congratulated on their hard efforts, staff like these is what truly makes a difference. We await your next stay anxiously and we hope to yet again provide some memorable Vacations, if you need and help on reserving you next trip please don´t hesitate to contact me. Until Next time!

Kind Regards ,
Salvatore Sanchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff are friendly and helpful to make sure you feel at home. The activities staff is a lot of fun and cater to all ages. . If you are looking for a relaxing and home away from home atmosphere this is the best resort in Mazatlan. I have come to know Fhernando in the activities department he goes out of his way to make all guests to the resort enjoy their stay. We visit the hotel every year that we go to Mazatlan

Room Tip: We always stayed in a ocean view room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear, Viola S

Many thanks for taking time and effort to share your wonderful experiences to the readers of the Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to read about your kind review and charming words about the facilities, specially to know that you enjoyed the activities in our hotel. Each guest comment is without a doubt an opportunity to all the team members, as this will tremendously help us in continuously and consistently improve on our services.

Once again, thank you so much for your confidence in our service and providing us with such constructive remarks and thank you for choosing El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel as your holiday destination in Mazatlan. I am sure you will become our frequent guest and will all be more than happy to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

airhead88
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Rooms were spacious, maids were good & friendly. We were on the 19th floor (room 1904) and had a beautiful view. A big storm occurred one night while were were there & we woke to water on about 1/3 of the floor in our bedroom. We did notify our maid and she saw that it was cleaned up. Beds were comfy, although the plastic protector on the mattress made the bed a little warm while sleeping. A/C didn't work as well as it should, but was ok.

Food at restaurants was average. Nothing extraordinary.

Pools were nice, although the one near the Castilla was very warm, almost hot. The one near El Moro was a much more pleasant temperature. Pools were clean. Hard to find chairs, since everyone must wake at the crack of dawn to put their towels or personal items on them to save them. (Even though this is said to not be permitted in the literature I read)

This is a large resort with a lot of people staying there, so it is loud. There is also a mexican band that played on the beach a lot! Not sure what that was all about, but it was borderline annoying!

Beach was very, very busy. When I was trying to read on the beach, quietly, I was approached by many, many vendors, even though I was behind the roped off area. They had no problem wandering over to ask me if I wanted to buy things.

Elevators were slow and hot. The check-in at the El Moro was very loud (due to construction) and I had a hard time hearing the woman checking us in & it was extremely hot!

We chose not to do the timeshare special and we felt pressured on the van ride from the airport to the resort that we didn't do. But, we were on vacation and have done this before and although they say it will only take 1 1/2 hours, it will always take longer! If I'm on vacation, I'm paying for it and I want to do what I want to do!

We've stayed in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya and prefer those areas more than Mazatlan. It was ok, but not our favorite.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor for better view & hopefully, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank airhead88
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear airhead88

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review we appreciate your honest commentary on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that my cleaning staff was able to provide to a clean room every day.

I do apologize with the construction do while trying to check you in and rest assure that I will definitely gather up my security team to better monitor the areas in the beach when it come to beach vendors, as far as the Bandas playing it is unfortunate that we cannot control this matter due to the fact that it is a public beach the furthest thing we can do it to have a border line which they must respect but the border line only come to some extent. But we are taking care with the municipal authorities which help us in order to monitor this inconvenient.

We look forward to have a second opportunity to change your first impression of El Cid resort.

Kind Regards,

Visalia, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I vacationed in Mazatlan from June 1-14, and during my vacation I stayed at the hotel El Cid Castilla. I would just like to share my great experience with any would be future travelers. The staff was very friendly and professional! I would especially like to thank the ladies at Club Elite (Marisela, Stephany, & Nidia). I enjoyed the food and the shows that went with it. They had a different theme each night and after the show they would invite some of the children on stage for games and dancing, I thought that was really cool. The quality of the rooms was also good, from the room service to the cleanliness. I definitely recommend anyone planning to vacation in mexico to consider visiting Mazatlan. Its safe and its boardwalk is absolutely beautiful, especially at sunset! I had such a great time that Im already planning my return trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear miguel p

Thank you very kindly for your lovely review of the hotel and staff. Thank you also for staying with us and for pointing out the benefits of staying at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

We welcome your feedback and your special thanks to the Elite girls and his excellent job during your stay, I’m happy to have this girls as part of El Cid team, be assured that personally share your encouraging words to all of them.

Please feel free to contact me or to Elite staff should you be returning to Mazatlan, we would be more than happy to assist you and make sure your stay is as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Once again, thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My daughter and myself had a most relaxing, fun and delightful time at this hotel. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We both highly recommend this hotel. We will be back to this great hotel! Happy Trails!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear, casa carmen

We really appreciate your encouraging words regarding your wonderful experience at El Cid Castilla Hotel. I’m so happy to read that you and your daughter have a good impression of our service, food and the rest of the time.

We will happy to assist you once again in a not too distant future.

Monterrey NL
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel lots of times since I was a young girl, Used to be the best hotel in Mazatlán, now.... I´m not so sure... also last time I was in the resort was over 6 years ago.
The good...
Staff is great, It has to be something of the Mazatlán people since they were all very nice, polite but also funny, relaxed people not living in the rush, enyoing their work, found this to be of all waiters, bartenders, concierge, all of them very pleasant.
Food was very good at good prices... hotel features different kinds of meals programs, they have the European plan (only room, no food included), and a couple of all inclusive plans, we stayed on the European plan so we paid for all our meals, but share restaurants with the all inclusive people, and found the food to be very good, not average, economic food that you could find in cheap all inclusives, this hotel featured varied menus and good prices, good portions and good flavors.
Pools... Pools are great in this hotel, there are lots of them in lots of features, really shallow pools for the young kids, moderately deep for children playing with adults, and very deep for divyng, hotel features severarl waterfalls in pools, one of them for diving and also featuring two water slides for kids, also since there are a lot of pools, you can find sunny and shaded areas, we visited with our baby girl so we spent our time in the shadow and was lovely, also some pools feature warm water.
Beach.... Beach is fine and hotel provides umbrellas and waiter service, have to consider that the sand area is short, sea is very close to the hotel limit, not a lot of space for umbrellas so hotel provides only a few, you can also pay for umbrellas for rent at the very cheap fee of 150 pesos per day!
Location... You can exit the hotel and walk around the area, you´ll find lots of tiny stores, restaurants an sightseeing, do recomend to take a Pulmonia taxi to take a trip over to the Malecón, is very nice.

The bad...
Rooms... they are old.... have not being remodel since I was a little girl, furniture seems old and oldfashioned, bathroom is old and have details like the WC lever not working well; rooms are tiny for the price you pay... all Mazatlan hotel have increased their prices since the opening of the Mazatlán - Durango Higway so hotels now charge similar to other prime destinations like Cancun, felt price to be expensive for what we received, and old, tiny room, with old furnitue, bedding was fine; hotel provided us a crib for our baby and it was built in, didn´t feel quite safe for baby and the wheels of it didn´t work well.
The beach vendors... locals sell all kind of stuff on the beach, at fist is funny because you get interested and buy a lot of stuff but after a while they get annoying since they keep stopping by your umbrella and offering their stuff. By noon muscicians stop by and it is quite funny, they feature local, urban music.
Price... like I said, Mazatlán used to be cheapper, now they charge prices like Cancun and hotels, rooms, services, beach and infraestructure doesn´t compare.

Overall nice vacation, but not impressed by this hotel, would probably come back because still is one of the best options in Mazatlan and also because of remembrance, but they would really benefit from a modernizing and refurbishment of their rooms.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are on the tower, far from beach and pool, if you want to get close ask for pool vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Blancadaniela
Bay Area, Californa
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed at El Cid Castilla many times in the last six years. I have always purchased the all inclusive package, when purchased on ORBITZ is an upgrade to Club Elite Castilla. The attention to my needs the Club Elite Castilla staff has given to my family and I has been the best in the Golden Zone area in Mazatlan. I have stayed at different hotels in the area and El Cid can not be beat for the price and service. The rooms are always clean the food is great and the location is in the right place to travel beyond the hotel. I would like to thank the Club Elite Staff Marisela, Nidia, Estefany and Karla for their excellent service they have provided my family and I over the years. Give El Cid Castilla Club Elite a try and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go all inclusive and save money.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear rcc29,

It was an honor to having you with us once again; we appreciate your loyalty during those six years. It’s so pleasant to read that you enjoyed the all inclusive, cleans rooms, service and we are able to meet your expectations.

I will personally congratulate the Elite girls for their excellent service provided you and your family during your stay, I’m so proud to having them as a part of El Cid Team.

Your recommendation is much appreciated, we looking forward to having you back with us in a not distant future, Club Elite and I will be happy to give you a warm welcome.

My best wishes,