El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
US$83
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$39
US$500
US$421
  • Beachfront
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$1,007
US$71
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$91
US$525
US$298
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$107
  • Beachfront
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$150
Elvoline
  • Pool
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
4,210 results
All reviewslobby bartime sharela pergolala alhambraitalian restaurantcastilla beachpool viewall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantsinformation desksushi barkids clubeuropean planbeach vendorsdinner buffetall inclusive plandinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed at the Castilla from Feb. 18-March 4...We had one of our best vacations ever. We couldn't have asked for better reception, service, friendliness and over-all vacation value.

Our positive experience started at the airport. The welcoming crew aboard the bus noticed that my husband used a cane...they phoned ahead to the hotel and ordered him a wheel chair even though we had not asked. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were wheeled up the ramps and our luggage taken care of. We were taken to the check-out counter to be checked in so we did not have to wait in line....by the time we got to our room, they had already moved a portable ramp to the doorway...the bell boy Noi (I believe that is how you spell it) was very informative as to the workings of the room and the resort as well.

We were very impressed by how well the waiters and other front-end personnel spoke English...it was very easy to make our needs known.

We were also very impressed by how the managers were all very visible and lended a helping hand when things got busy...many of the food managers had no trouble bussing tables if the waiters were busy. One evening I was looking for some ice, and found myself on the 21st floor with the ice bucket in hand...there was a group of men talking in the hallway and one, Mr. Jose V. manager of Room/Service stopped talking and asked politely if I needed help....when I said that I was looking for ice, he pulled out his phone and called for some ice that was delivered to my room in minutes...now that is service!

We were able to go to the a-la-cartes as many times as we wanted but had to book ahead at least 2-3 days to get the early times at the restaurants we wanted. We did the all inclusive route and were not disappointed...there was always more than enough to eat and we always found things we liked to eat...we didn't go hungry. The onion rings from the snack bar on the beach are very good.

It would be nice to be able to get to the beach without the peddlars being right in your way...it would be a good policy of the hotel to ensure that they are not right at the entrance from the hotel to the beach...you have to go through them most times....some of them can be way too persistant.

We were approached by timeshare people a few times but when we said no thanks they left us alone. We made sure not to give them our room number during our arrival.

We found a very good waiter at the breakfast and noon buffet...his name was Adrian and he was a real mover and shaker...he always kept busy and was never idle...we tipped him well until we found out that the tips were shared with the others...after that we often resorted to small gifts that we hoped didn't have to be shared. We strongly believe in tipping according to the service received...not tipping just to tip.

Our room was more than adequate and because we arrived on an earlier flight and asked to be moved to a higher floor, we were. I read some reviews where people didn't quite get the room they asked for...unfortunately, there are many people who ask for the very same thing...therefore they do employ a first come first serve basis. The best you can do is email the hotel before you arrive to stress the arrangement you want...I know they do the best they can to give people what they want...what would be the point of making people frustrated or angry. If you aren't happy with your arrangement, keep returning to customer service (they have a small office on the way to the Italian a-la-carte) and politely ask to be moved.

Our room and view was very nice. The entertainment was good, the resort is very nice and kept very clean. It is amazing how much of a mess people can leave behind...We found a smile and an ola can go a long way.

All n all we found our stay at this hotel very positive and we plan to return in the future.

One con would be the cost of internet....it is 2 pesos or 20c a minute...or you can pay $8 a day or $30 a week....I would have preferred a card that is prepaid and allow you to use the computer whenever you wanted...for 2 weeks it would have cost $60...for daily use...every other hotel we have stayed at have charged about 10c a minute which I thought was pricy enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oliver008
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2009

Dear oliver008

Thank you very much for taking some time to post your nice comment and for trusting the other reviews about us.

I was most delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your wonderful praise of our associates! I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

It was also reassuring to learn that both our Food and Beverage offering and our associates impressed you during your stay. Thank you for your kind feedback.

With regard to the cost of internet service, during our budgeting process, we do ensure that we are price aligned with our competitors in rates and services provided.

We do hope that your travels bring you back to El Cid Castilla in the not too distant future. Please do let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Receive my best regards.

Reviewed 4 March 2009

I agree with many of the reviews already posted on many items. We had a great trip and the rooms, food were good value for the price paid. One thing I wanted to point out that doesn't seem to have been addressed is the difference in service if you are an all-inclusive guest and one who isn't. As an all inclusive guest at this resort we were basically ignored by serving staff. We know that because we travelled with a family who were not all-inclusive. They were showered with attention by servers and we were often not even acknowledged. We have travelled to many other resorts, always tip even thought it is included in the price and are not demanding patrons. It was really, really obvious and should be addressed. There are also separate menus not available to all-inclusive guests that I found to be quite annoying. Also, the reservation system for the a la cartes needs to be improved. We were never, in an entire week, able to get a reservation for 2 of the restaurants even though it was obvious if you went by that there was room (the hotel was not at full capacity). It was frustrating to be left with no option but the buffet or leaving the resort.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gingermac68
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2009

Dear gingermac68

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care and that you found your room and food to your satisfaction. I also appreciate your personal observations as this kind of feedback invariably helps us to evaluate and evolve as well as anticipate the needs of our discerning clientele. These criticism constructive/ not, is used as a tool of accountability and allows the hotel to be in a proactive mode.

We must say thank you for your detailed description of the hotel and we do sincerely apologize for the disservice and discomfort you personally experienced during your stay. We are following up on all issues in service that you mention as we pride ourselves on providing a 5 star level of service and anything short of this is unacceptable.

We are a service business, we are people friendly and this is a characteristic that all our associates display throughout the course of any guest’s stay. My hope is that this response will renew interest of any potential guest/ reader wanting to stay at our hotel.

Kind & warm regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2009

We stayed at the El Cid Castilla for a two week vacation and the hotel is very clean. The person who made our trip for us is one of the pool activity people named Christian. He always made sure that we were happy and had such a bright and energetic disposition. I wonder how he can always be so positive. If it weren't for him I am not I am not sure I would absolutely return to this hotel. It was fun, clean and the food was very good and the "kids club" was well organized for my 5 year old but Christian really made our trip for us.

We plan on another trip next year and if he is not there, we will find him and travel to that hotel.

All the staff were wonderful people including David at the pool as well. Their goal is to please you and to make sure you have a good trip and they did that plus more.

I recommended this hotel to other family members and they are there at this time having a wonder ful time as well.

See you next year.

Debbie from Victoria,B.C.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2009

Dear BonitaMama

Thanks so much for reviewing El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel. Your 5 out of 5 rating and fabulous comments were like a "breath of fresh air" for us! We are glad that we have not failed you on this fifth visit to Mazatlan.
Nothing makes us happier when we can impress anyone staying with us. Our service and food is great and most importantly we thrive on the value of what we give to every customer.

We were pleased to read that you found our staff "brillant" and liked a activities team member in particular, Christian. We hope you felt our welcome and "extra effort" customer service were sincere. You focused your attention on our "Personal" style and this make us willing to improve our services more and more.

It would be my pleasure in assisting with any special needs you should have and you may feel free to contact me personally. After reading your nice review we wish to thank you a lot for your appreciation and for your future recommendations to your friends.

Please come back and stay again. We hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2009

The El Cid experience was very enjoyable with two minore exceptions, an in room fridge would have been handy also the evening service in La Concha restarant was a bit lacking.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

The food was very good, especially at the A La Cartes. The hotel satff were helpful & friendly.
The pool area was kept very clean and tidy. The activity personel in the pool area greatly enhanced our stay here. They worked hard all day giving exercise classes, games & Spanish lessons and then put on great shows in the evening. They deserve a special Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple