El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$39
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$104
Bookit.com
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$98
  • Beachfront
US$464
US$135
  • Beachfront
US$110
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$38
US$151
US$112
2,093 results
All reviewsel mororamon moralestime sharefrancisco renteriaactivities staffbedroom suiteall inclusive packagela pergolathe penthousethe wait staffdeer islandtimeshare presentationfull kitchencity tourall inclusive planpool sidenice resort
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is very well located on the beach and for visiting Mazatlan. Although the hotel is somewhat dated, the accomodations are spacious with nice views of the ocean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They need to get flat screen televisions with remotes. The old televisions without remotes seemed very dated. Also, although there is a balconey, it is not private and is shared with the neighboring room. Don't really understand the purpose of that arrangement. But all in all was a pleasant hotel experience--Tim M

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank roatanmanone
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear roatanmanone

What pleasant is to read that you had a great vacation and our location was to your convenient, we are located just in the heart of the golden zone. Our staff is always ready to assist you with the best service, so I am happy that you felt satisfied with their service delivered. We also appreciate your observations, in fact, we continue with a renovation program in floors and your suggestions will be considered.

We sincerely hope to have you with us very soon to pamper you once more.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2012

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel is a fantasitic place to just kick back and enjoy it all--sunshine, beaches, poolside, entertainment and culture. Very curtious and helpful staff--and the waiters by the pool keep your every need met. A special thankyou to Ramon Romirez and Ignacio Garsia for treating us so well!

Room Tip: I own a timeshare here and have only stayed in the two bedroom suite which is fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dayna L
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Dayna L

Many thanks for this encouraging feedback. It is really pleasant to read that you came back home with great memories of your recent stay with us. Our staff goes beyond expectations to exceed your needs. I love to know that you felt welcoming in this beautiful city and enjoyed of some of the jewels it offers, such as its amazing beaches, to mention a few.

We look forward for your return, rest assure that all of us, especially your friends Ignacio and Ramón will be anxious waiting to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was our second year in a row staying at El Cid El Moro hotel. We stayed this year the week of Mar. 19 - 27. We had a 1 bedroom suite both years and love the cleanliness and great service in all areas of the facility. My only complaint this year might have been the excessively annoying beach vendors who don't have enough customers to keep busy! We have been coming to Mazatlan for a few years, and I have to say that I was really surprised at the lack of vacationers down there this year. Many empty chairs on the beach and around the pools. Not just at El Cid, but at others along the beach. (Inn at Mazatlan was almost empty) Hoping this changes soon! The whole violence thing in Mexico has been severely blown out of proportion, and it is unfortunate that the news media continues to do so. Violence happening on the border between Mexico and USA does not make it dangerous to walk on the streets in Mazatlan! Talked to many others who felt the same way.

But...getting back to the review. El Cid El Moro has become a bit dated, but they continue to 'fix, repair, and update' the facility. It appears that most of the building has been repainted on the outside, and the suite we had was freshly repainted as well. Our bed was really comfortable this year. We sleep on a 'Sleep Number' bed at home, but had no problem sleeping on the bed at El Cid. Anyone who's ever traveled to Mexico knows the beds can be quite firm, downright hard at times, but we found the bed at this hotel to be quite comfortable and easy to sleep on. Our room had two queen size beds as well as a pull out bed in the living room. We also had a small kitchen area that was well stocked with a blender, toaster oven, microwave, 12 cup coffee maker, and plenty of dishes and silverware. The refrigerator kept our beer and groceries plenty cold! Our maid did a fantastic job keeping our room clean and spotless!

Drinks on the beach and at the pool were very good. It seemed like the '2for1 Happy Hour' was just about any 'hour' of the day! We had great service from all the waiters, and our glasses never seemed empty for long! We ordered food a few different days, and it always got to us still hot from the restaurant - a sign that the staff is being attentive and keeping track of the guest's orders.

This year we took the free shuttle from the El Moro to the Marina. This is also a great facility, and we made plans to try to book our vacation next year down there.

We stated from the moment we signed in we were not interested in any timeshare or vacation club, and they never ever bothered us again at the hotel. Can't say the same for the guys and gals who work all the different 'information' booths along the streets. We were told by one of the 'salesmen' that our gold bracelets from El Cid told him we bought a timeshare, and would buy another. We don't own a timeshare! But as a warning to others - the street timeshare salespeople seem to think if you have one of those gold bracelets on - you are game for their sales pitch. Just keep walking and saying NO! LOL!

All in all it was a great week. We hope to return next year. If you are planning a vacation at El Cid El Moro - you can count on having a good time and a wonderful vacation!!

Room Tip: Higher floors facing south (towards town) offer beautiful views. If you can afford it get a one bedroom suite - the rooms are large and open, and usually have a small bacony. They also offer the small kitchen, and the extra bathroom comes in handy at times, esp. with two or more people if you know what I mean. The lower floors on the same side would probably be a little noisy during the day, as they play music through a large sound system towards the pool, and the sound echos off the buildings. Unfortunately you can hear the 'beat' thoughout the facility during the day, but it is louder the lower you are to the ground floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jestian
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear jestian

Thank you for your time and detailed review which we really appreciate. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us at El Cid Moro, as El Cid´s resorts promises. We aim for every guest feel refreshed and replenished after their journey with us.

We are glad as well that you felt welcoming by this beautiful city which offer to our visitors multiple sightseeing, cultural events and entertainment.

We thank you a lot for your loyalty; it will be our pleasure to serve you again!!!

Receive our best,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a spring break get-away from his studies. We had quite a few hic-ups to contend with when we first got there (ie. tried to check in at 3:30pm and were told to come back in 1 hr, resort often out of beach towels, etc), including a poor room. At first we were given a room on the 8th floor, facing the city. It smelled of sewer and cigarettes. The hotel kindly moved us to the 24th floor after 2 nights in the stinky one, which was great. Note - the entire resort is ok to smoke in - so you'll see/smell it everywhere, which is unfortunate for those of us who don't smoke.

A few things to consider: if you want a beach palm cabana/lounge chair - get there early. I went at 7:30am to find them all full - the security guard told me that most are occupied by 6am. There are only about 5-10 palm huts, so I guess it's a race to see who can get them 1st. Also, if you're not doing the all-inclusive option, food at the resort is very expensive. Luckily, there are many options/markets on the main drag where more reasonable food can be purchased. Also - the gym is across the street by the tennis courts/golf course. The equipment is very dated, but can still be used. Tennis is not included in the resort costs, and you need to rent racquets for $15USD/hr (for 2 ppl). In terms of sleep quality, the beds in the tower are like rocks. I don't think I've slept so poorly for 8 consecutive nights. The windows in our room did not close fully (they weren't tracking properly) - so sounds from the city as well as howling winds were heard 24/7.

Once we figured things out at the resort and were moved to the 24th floor, we still had a very enjoyable stay. The resort is well situated and beautiful, despite being somewhat dated. The service from the food staff was excellent, whereas the front staff were less than exceptional.

Overall, we had a great trip in the sun and sand, despite the items mentioned above. Note, a taxi back to MZT is $25USD or 290 pesos.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SCF2010
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear SCF2010

Thank you for selecting El Cid Moro during your recent visit to Mazatlan. Thank you as well for your kind comments regarding the location and service delivered by our staff, I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable vacation.

We also appreciate your taking the time to point out the areas where things need improvement, as this allows us to improve our product and services, be assured that your comments will be addressed by the management team within each of the areas you outlined. In regards to some of the point you mention I would like to share with you the following information, currently, the cost for playing tennis for 2 people is of $120.00 pesos. Room are provided of orthopedic beds but if a guest has preference for soft beds House keeping department provide you of a egg crate foam mattress in order to make them softer. In regards to food prices in our property, they are according to prices in the market.

We greatly value your comments and sincerely regret that your experience was not as pleasant as you expected, and for that I am truly sorry.
We hope to have a second opportunity to welcome you to Mazatlan at your first choice of resort, El Cid Moro Beach Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I MUST SAY I LOVED STAYING AT EL CID MORO.....BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVED THEIR STAFF AND SERVICE!! My family and I(ages 25, 28, 30, 33, 50 and 52) spent the week of March17th - 24th soaking up the sun relaxing around El Cid's beautiful pools and drinking fabulous beverages of all sorts! Every day we were able to get a spot by the pool and were treated fabulously by the servers; Silvestre, Cervando, Guillermo, Ramon1, Ramon2, Tomas, Ivan and Gustavo! If you like fruity drinks I totally recommend trying their Miami Vice, Dirty Monkey, Mango Margarita and Pineapple Surprise! We also loved ordering the chicken quesadilla, cheeseburger and chips, guacamole and salsa. The pool chairs are very comfortable and clean... Every morning I would sit out by the pool around 7am and that's when I got the chance to meet Alma Rosa, one of the beautiful ladies responsible for keeping the pool area immaculate. Alma Rosa made sure all the pool chairs were scrubbed and bathrooms were clean. Her warm smile and kindness was such a delight! If you have children who like to swim they also have 2 lifeguards, Juan and Carlos, who do an awesome job at making sure everyone is safe and having fun. Speaking of safe... I felt very safe in and outside the resort.... El Cid has a great security team... Pedro was very friendly and always smiling!
Every Monday the spa at El Cid has 2x1 massages! My sister and I got massages by Michelle and Paulina... they were great! We would recommend booking your massage as soon as possible so you can get the time slot you want(request having your massage by the beach, what an awesome experience!).
In the evening we would venture out for dinner/shopping...we highly recommend eating at Fat Fish, Senior Frog's(Martin makes awesome ballon hats) Costa Del Marina and Bing(ice cream shop)!
The room we stayed in was very spacious and our view of Mazatlan and the ocean from the 25th floor was amazing!! However, a couple negative's I will mention: the decor and tv's were dated; the balcony railing was a little too narrow and low; and lastly, the mattress was too firm(but I still slept well). Most importantly, I understand they are in the process of renovating the rooms and when we did the time share presentation(which was fantastic and professional) we had the opportunity to see a newer, renovated room that was updated with flat screen tv's, granite countertops and beautiful decor!!
I have traveled to Cabo, Puerta Vallarta and Cancun, but by far El Cid Moro's STAFF and SERVICE are the BEST! I would definitely stay at El Cid Moro again and recommend it to friends!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BridgetteE1983

Dear bridgetteE1983

All the staff and I would like to thank you for taking some minutes from your time in order to giving your opinion about El Cid Moro. Our staff has a tremendous reputation for warm, friendly anticipatory service, so I am always grateful to read reviews like yours that confirm we are on the right way. I am glad as well that you had a beautiful view from your room´s balcony. In regards to your observations, as you noticed, some floors have been updated and we are still in a renovation process, I like to know that these changes have been to your liking.

I can imagine the great experience you and your sister had, having massage at the cabanas with the sound of the waves, by the way, I am happy that you took advantage of some of the great promotions tthat he Spa offers.

We appreciate your recommendation to others, and we look forward for you and all your family, remember, El Cid offers something for everyone, it does not matter age.

Until soon dear friends!!!