“La Conchita Pool Bar”

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

All of the wait staff were outstanding employees but two were exceptional: Jorge Murillo and Francisco Renteria. Our needs were consistently met with promptness, smiles, and professionalism. Truly, they are the reason we returned to this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claudianne J
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Claudianne J

Thank you so much for taking a couple minute of you valuable time to post this review and recognized to Jorge Murillo and Francisco Renteria, I will share your comments with the rest of the staff for let them know the results for a work well done.

I’m so happy to read that they meet your expectation and we have the opportunity to serv you once again.

Happy Holidays,

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great experience of my wife and I last month - 5 days at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel. Everything about the resort met or exceeded our expectations. We went to relax (first trip away from our 6 and 4 year old ever) primarily - and found the setting and accomodations perfect for this. The food was great, the amenities perfect. My wife enjoyed the spa. We both were blown away by the great service. In particular, a shout out to the staff at the Conchita pool bar and restaurant - and specifically - one Ramon Morales who is on that staff. He was exceptional the entire time we were there. He made sure that we were always taken care in a very timely fashion, super service. Thank you Ramon !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank btucker2013

Dear btucker2013

Thank you for all your positive comments. We are happy to read that you choosing El Cid for having that can seem like a new honeymoon. We are so proud to have a wonderful team working to us! Our experienced team will always try doing extra to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

In such a competitive market we are continually reinventing ourselves to stay afloat. That is why your feedback is an important learning tool for us.

As soon as you´re ready to begin planning your reservation, feel free to contact me, it will be a
pleasure to help you

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We just returned from a 2 week stay at El Cid Moro Beach, 11/18-12/2. We are not professional travelers, just regular people looking for a good value vacation. I'll try to do this in order.
We were surprised at the way that El Cid was in contact with us before our trip began. We got a number of calls about the All Inclusive and transportation from the Airport. Thank you Ana, you were a joy to work with.
Upon arrival at the Mazatlan Airport we spotted Francisco, he turned us over to Fabiola. We were a little jet lagged and with the language barrier, we sort of thought we were getting into an early timeshare talk and we weren't in the mood. That was not the case and we told Fabi we were sorry for the confusion. Nice air conditioned van to the resort, Mazatlan has grown in the 4 years since our last visit.
We arrived at Reception, Fabi got us a Margarita and Irma made sure that we were ready to go in no time at all. She was very helpful and friendly. She had a smile for us every time we saw her as did all of the staff. Manuel, my favorite bellman, always said hello and wanted to know if he could do anything for us, took us up to the room for a preview. All was fine. We were on 14, really 8, something about owner superstition, and the room was dated but functional. We were three people and the extra bath was a great bonus. The kitchen was OK, the cooktop and small appliances could definitely use updating. We loved the little stone work welcome on the bed, really cute. We had a BEAUTIFUL View, we could see the ocean as well as the city. AWESOME. They are updating all the balconies with higher safety rails, Good Idea. The beds were a little hard but not bad. All in all the room was fine. It could use a remodel, but still O.K. Our housekeeper, Rosaria was great. We had a few small issues with the room and Maintenance was right on top of it.
We opted not to do the All Inclusive; there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance or a 50p ride in a Pulmonia. We went shopping and bought breakfast supplies and water.
Now to the meat of the Vacation, the Pool and Beach. Let’s be honest, the pool was COLD. There were pool activities every day, little games and bingo. There was also water aerobics but never enough people in the water to do it. I recommended they move it to the beach. The activity group, Angelica, Gabriel and Bruno did a good job, we had my wife's brother Shawn with us and they always made sure that he was included. Thanks guys. Much Appreciated. I did complain about the water temp and was told the heat comes on Dec, 15. I was later told that they were waiting for a heater part. I was told that the heat would be on Dec, 2. I said we were leaving on the 2nd and could we get a coupon for an extra week? I got a smile for that one. There is a swim up bar, again, too cold to sit in the water and drink. There are a couple of water slides, nice. They also have a rock climb hi dive, kind of cool.
The ocean was top notch. It was actually warmer than the pools most of the time. We walked the beach almost every day and found the vendors would leave you alone with a simple, No Gracias. We never had a problem.
Food, we did one breakfast buffet and it was just O.K. We thought it was a bit pricey for a buffet. We had lunch at the pool nearly every day. The food was good. The Hot stuff could have been hotter; the Cold stuff could have been colder. The Burgers are very good. We were given some drink coupons and found that they were only redeemable, at the restaurant bar, not convenient. Due to the size of the pool we had a different waiter nearly every day. Ignacio and Felix stood out. They were always around and ready to serve as were all the waiters.
The Spa seemed a little dated, not as luxurious as some we have experienced. The Massage was very good, thanks Margarita and Francisco.
All in all a nice resort, it just falls a little short of a 5 star rating, having said that, we would return. Great staff and a great city. Thank You. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Room Tip: All rooms have an Ocean View, some are better than others. We were facing South and had a great view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom655

Dear Tom655

Greetings from Mazatlán,

You are so kind to have token the time to write this review and filling us in on how your recent experience turned out. I agree with you we do have the best staff and sunsets. I am pleased to hear that we were able to make your arrival quick and efficiently and that we were able to provide you with all the information needed. Rest assure my staff well be congratulated on their hard efforts. I´d like to point out that we are working on renovation we hope to have them done as quickly as possible; hopefully in a future visit you can see our hard efforts. I’d like to bring to your attention that we do have a heated pool it being Grandas pool. I see you had minor setbacks along the way but relived to hear your problems were taken care of without any troubles thank you for not letting in effect your outlook on our hotel. I appreciate you returning to Mazatlan and staying with us after 4 years and to see that we are still going strong, we see a bright future ahead for el cid resorts we hope you keep coming for years and years to come.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked a weeks vacation here for my wife and I after reviewing the El Cid website and reading many reviews. Our choices came down to the El Cid El Moro and the El Cid Marina Beach. We selected the El Moro. Once we checked in we received a one bedroom suite (9121-22) and were extremely disappointed once we saw the room and the interior of the hotel. The hotel and rooms are about 6-8 years overdue for a complete renovation. The employees and service have been very good, but the food quality is average. The only redeeming part of this trip so far has been the hotel employees.

We took the shuttle to the El Cid Marina, and it is newer and appears to be in better condition. We checked with the front desk about changing hotels, but were told they were booked full. Unfortunately for us this means spending the remaining days of our vacation at the El Moro.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric S
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Eric S

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions. With each guest comment we receive, we view it as an opportunity to learn and understand our guest’s experiences.
It’s great to read that you found a great service form our staff, we share your review as an example of a great job.

I regret that our hotel didn’t meet your expectations, we work in improvements and we hope in your next visit we can show the different.

Hopefully we have a chance to having with us again in one of our resorts either Marina o Moro.

Grettings,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

restaurants and service exceptional.Tomas always Johnny on the spot is the best no chance of getting dry on his watch!! And certainly NOT last Ramona on the 19th floor who cleaned our room daily what a sweetheart!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear: dede M

Thank you so much for your great review. I’m so happy to read that we exceeded you expectations. I share your comment with Tomas, Johnny and Ramona to let them now the result for a great job.

We sincerely hope to having with us in a future visits to Mazatlan.

Cordially,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

world class views from the La concha restaurant and service to match. The beach service is terrific and the pool side dining and service is exceptional.
I believe the pool is one of the largest in Mexico and it was like being one of the family.
It is a must try.

Room Tip: ask for el morro beach front rooms, you will love the view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear: jim p

What a pleasant words! My sincerely thanks for your recent contribution, it’s so great to read that you were able to enjoyed our amazing view and our exceptional service at La Concha restaurant, and was nice to know that you are impressed with our beautiful pool.
We look forward to having you with us in a not to distance future.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

if you go on a upgrade information promotion and the reward is discounted all inclusive meals and drinks make sure you are billed in dollars and not pesos.when i received my master card bill ,it was 78.00 american more than i was quoted from pronatours and when i returned two months later and told pronatours of the overcharge i was told there was nothing they could do.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear:minimejs

Thank you so much for let us know your opinions. I am deeply concerned to read of this situation now, when it occurred on March 2013.

I personally checked the files from pronatours to see if we found any information name or something about you situation, I am sorry that we have nothing further to report and I will appreciated if you contact to me at mamoran@elcid.com.mx for discuss this situation more closely.

Warm grettings,