“Fantastic servers at El Cid”

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have been going to El Cid El Moro in Mazatlan for the past 3 years. I want to say how absolutely wonderful the staff is.....specifically a couple of their fine dining restaurant servers ....Jonathan and Joshua....what a great duo....first class service...very knowledgeable about the dishes offered and the wines available....and excellent English which makes it so much easier for travelers. These guys go out of their way to make customers feel special. We are a large group and would be very sad if they were not there when we come next year.

Room Tip: Balconies are not child friendly so choose lower floor rooms if you have young children. Bring up y...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Linda M,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review and letting us know how your stay was. It always makes me happy when I have the opportunity to read on how great of a stay people have had. I am left without words to hear how great of a job my staff provided for you. I will defiantly pass along the kind remarks you made about Jonathan and Joshua im sure they will be just as pleased to hear this as I was. We hope you come visit us again soon so we can yet again give you an unforgettable vacation.

Warm Regards,
Salvatore Sanchez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I were upgraded to the Elite package from the Castilla to the El Moro. Check in was a bit of a disaster. We were initially told that there was only ONE reservation, when in fact we had 3! There was no "private check in". There was no "welcome drink". There was no "bottle of wine" in the room as the web site said there would be. There were no slippers in the rooms, however they did supply one bathrobe....After some checking they finally found the other 2 reservations and we were all asigned our rooms....Very disappointing.
We had 3 rooms, all one bedroom suites. The rooms were huge with 2 bathrooms, kitchen, 2 doors to the balcony and a large bedroom. The cleaning staff was always there and willing to return if you were still in your room. I tipped them everyday for doing such a wonderful job!
As in my title...the balconies are not child friendly. Kids like to climb on anything and everything! These balconies only had a wooden "plank" across them which was really scary! A child could easily pull themselves up, and slide under the plank. Not safe at all! Therefore of the 3 children I was with....none were allowed out there.
The pool was great with water slides for the little kids as well as the older more advanced swimmers.
With the Elite package we were allowed to eat at many of the restraunts that others were not, as well as at the other El Cids. Even though we didn't make it to any of the other resorts, I found the food at ours was very, very good! Everthing from the snack bar (loved the chicken wraps!!) to the fancier restraunts. The shrimp was amazing as was the steak! Excellente! The buffet food was even very good, and I HATE buffets! The waiters and bartenders are all very hard working and will get you anything you need or want.
The beach was just OK. It's not Caribbean so I had to keep that in mind when the grandkids feet came out looking pretty muddy! The vendors are everywhere, but are pretty decent about backing off when you tell them "no thank you". They won't hound you!
The sunsets are amazing from the 18th floor, and the sunrises, just as beautiful!
I don't know if I would go back Mazatlan. If I did, it would be in a different location. But, all in all it was a great resort and the kids had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: All suites are oceanview.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear TravelgalMankato,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and letting us know about your recent trip. I apologize about the in convinces upon arrival, and the amenities not being there once you arrived. This really concerns me and rest assure that the proper precautions will be taken so this no longer happens in the future. I am however happy that you found our food, as well as our room and cleanliness to be over the top. I will definitely take your comments about the balcony into consideration thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope you reconsider us as an option to stay in a near future I can assure you you will not be disappointed and you will see the changes.

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family traveled to Mazatlan and stayed at El Cid El More our room was on the 24th. floor with a breath taking view of Mazatlan.The room were ok, however my children had the best time. The pool was amazing, jumping off the man made cliff and into the pool made their day. My son was able to play basketball in pool which is his favorite sport. The hotel was on the beach which was very relaxing. The service at the pool and on the beach was just amazing and prompt. The food at the hotel was ok. However while touring around Mazatlan we found some great places to eat, such as Marys and Fat Fish. My family had a wonderful time and looking foward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear, LBee 1969

Thank you so much for give us a couple minutes of you valuable time to share this nice words about El Cid Moro.

It’s so pleasant to read that you have a great time in your recent vacations, as well that your son enjoyed our pools and activities. I’m happy to read that the food and service was on your expectations, also that you have chance to enjoy other restaurants in the surroundings of Mazatlan.

We look forward to having you with us in a not to distance future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

After visiting El Cid El Morro with my wife in 2006, we have made this place our top vacation spot getaway with our children. We have visited just about every year since and have loved every minute of it! Great food, great people, awesome facility! I would recommend this place over any other hotel we have visited in Mazatlan because its almost like a home away from home! Safe environment, excellent staff! The restaurants are great, especially La Concha by the beach. There are many activities to explore including beach sports and pool games. I would also recommend trying the spa!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karla M
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Karla M

Thank you for taking the time in writing your honest feedback on our hotel. We appreciate you speaking so fondly about our resort and I am so glad you are a repetitive guest. We try to provided that best service in everything we do for our number one priority is the to keep our guest happy and well attended to offer them an experience like no other. I will pass along you kind comments to my fellow staff members to encourage them to keep up the good work . We await your next arrival.

Kind regards,
Salvatore Sanchez,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

When the parasails pop straight up, the view is eye-level at times. The sunsets here are incredible. Our room and the restaurants were very nice. Especially wonderful were the made to order omelets and French toast. Thank you Francisco and Rosie for a job well done at the breakfast buffet. Thank you also to Veronica and Sr. Guillermo at the business desks. Lastly, special thanks to Freddie, the golf and excursion concierge who arranged great trips for us. Our stay with you all was thoroughly enjoyable and the people of Mazatlan were quite hospitable. We will be back in 2 years, God willing. My only request would be that you open the Grutto (hot tub) around 7:00 AM so that people could get an earlier start on a day, and so that day would last longer. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear, JoeVandal

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your vacation and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for trust. We appreciate all feedback; but, especially enjoy reading about the great experiences we help make in Mazatlan. I am also glad you found the restaurants and service there to your standards as we work very hard and take pride in ensuring that all our guest feels like home. We will pass along your wonderful experience to our employees as a job well done.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and look forward to welcoming you back at El Cid Moro once again.

Cordially,

General Manager.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

To say that some members of the El Cid staff have become close friends is an understatement. Many of them we hold in our hearts like family members.

Rosie Morales and the front desk are a pleasure to see and deal with on a daily basis. All arrangements and perfections of our stay would not be accomplished without Rosie’s above and beyond services.

A special recognition to the Captains and their restaurant staff who always go the extra step. A majority of the waiters have become very good friends. Their services go beyond just the norm. Ramon (Tigre) and Luis in La Concha always made a special effort every morning to accommodate with a smile, whether our waiter or not. Always a thank you for the attention received from all the beach and poolside staff. Names are too many to many to list, but special thanks to Rodolfo, Thomas, Ignacio, Roman, Angel, Jorge, and Carlos (bartender). Our relationship is well past the server/customer.

To Leticia in Cid’s Club, you have made our children’s stay beyond a vacation. You have become like a second mother to them throughout our lengthy stays at the resort. You do a phenomenal job with our children while treating them like your own.

Always a pleasure to see the Activities crew and lifeguards and how they watch out for and involve our children throughout the day.

Last and but not least, we have the dancers to thank for taking our stay to a new level. You have given us a whole new family. Tury was gracious enough to include our children, for the last two years, in his program. My daughter, who is a dancer, has been given the chance of a lifetime to dance with professional dancers during their regular performances. Whether it was spending the afternoons at practice, Nadia braiding her hair, to Julio doing her makeup, Perla painting her nails or Karen who developed an extraordinary relationship. The attention my family receives, is upmost above and beyond their daily duties. It was a real treat to have Tury, Julio, Perla, Karen, Brenda, and Mariano take extra time to make us feel like family. Tury and the dancers do an amazing job of entertaining every night. You can tell each one enjoys their work by their performance. The nightly shows are a wonderful conclusion to spectacular days.

Salvador, thank you for always taking the time to chat on a regular basis. Your hard work and efforts throughout the resort do not go unnoticed.

Leaving these family members each year has become our one and only complaint of our vacation. We count down the days of our return to our El Cid family.

Paul & Jaime

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Greetings from the warm beaches of Mazatlan,

How great to hear that you had such a wonderful time and honored that you consider us as part of your family I am left without words. It was my pleasure to have been able to meet such wonderful people like yourselves I always try to interact with my guest as much as possible I think it’s something very important. I’m glad that a big part of your happiness was the service my fellow staff members gave. Ramon,Luis,Thomas, Ignacio, Roman, Angel, Jorge, Carlos to name a few and the rest of the staff your previously mentioned will be congratulated for going above and beyond to provide such outstanding service. I am glad you were so fond of our nightly shows the dancer work really hard to give the best performance each and every night and recognition is always nice to hear and motivate. I hope you keep coming back to visit us here at your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

First time on the West coast of Mexico and we loved Mazatlan and ElCId. Great service. LOved Breakfast at La Cocha. ROsie makes the best Omelets. THe wait staff was so great. Remembered you and your drink. We stayed in the Annex and although had not been remodeled yet it was really nice and close to "our" pool. Cant wait to go back next year and take our family. Had a wonderful Massage at the spa. THe all inclusive is the way to go.

Room Tip: Our room was chosen for us and the annex was quiet, but the main tower offered other options for fam...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear, curlyblon…

I want to express my thanks for you nice words in your recent contribution of our Hotel.
I´m happy o read that you received such a wonderful service from our staff and they care of each detail as your favorite drink, also for your great mention to rosy as well.

We keep working on improvements, and I hope the next time you visit El Cid can see the different, we look forward to you and your family back in a not too distance future.

My best,