“The Girls Getaway”

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

4 of us girls decided to getaway for a 7 day stay in Mazatlan in Mar 2014. We had a reservation at the El Cid El Moro for a 2 queen bed studio. When we arrived we were able to upgrade to include an additional room with a kitchen and an extra bed. This made the stay so much better. We would like to thank Jose Zamudio and Santiago Ruiz who helped us get our upgrade at a much better price. We really appreciated it. Also we would like to say what a great stay we had. Great poolside and wonderful staff at the hotel. Thanks to Jaqueline who looked after our room and made sure we had coffee everyday. Loved it. Going back in Nov 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tania S
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Tsymonds,

Thank you for taking the time in letting us knows about your recent experience. I am thrilled to here that you had such an amazing stay it being your first time with us. Jose and Santiago will be getting acknowledgement on their great efforts; staff like this is what truly makes a difference having people who enjoy doing what they love. I will be giving Jacqueline congratulations for keeping the room nice clean for you. We can´t wait to have you here with us again soon. See you in November we await anxiously.

Warm Regards,
Salvatore Sanchez

Write a ReviewReviews (2,001)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Every room has an ocean view.

We have been going to this resort for the last four years and we look forward to going back again in the fall. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is phenomenal. I love that every time we go people recognize us and welcome us. The restaurants are wonderful. The Marina being our favourite dinner spot. La Concha is our favourite breakfast restaurant. It over looks the beach and the ocean and is an amazing view to take in while having your morning coffee. Our two favourite waiters there are Luis Crespo Sanchez and Jesus Coronado...we usually search these two out to sit in their sections. They are always attentive and super friendly. It has been a pleasure to get to know them over the years. We can't forget Sergio Roho...when we went back this spring we couldn't find him so we went on the hunt and found him in the restaurant in the golf club. He is a wonderfully kind man and very funny. His service is always top notch.

One of our favourite people is Emilia Ulloa. She is one of the ladies at the concierge desk. She is so kind and so friendly and always so willing to help you with what ever she can.

The cleaning staff are amazing. We have never had a single problem with them.

If I had one complaint it is that the beds are a little hard and often cause me muscle pain, but if you ask the front desk they will bring you extra foam for your bed which helps.

With 5 restaurants and three pools this is a fantastic resort. There are activities for kids in the pool and they have pool side bingo. It is just a fabulous place to stay.

If you go to this resort, please tip generously, these very gracious people really do do the best they can to make sure you have a wonderful holiday, they deserve it.

Oh and go for the deep tissue massages ----- to die for!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Debbie E,

Thanks very much for have taken the time to write this awesome review about our resort. I can't explain you how glad I feel to read that you think our hotel is a wonderful vacation resort.

Hear that our rooms, restaurants, activities, beach, facilities and staff have met your expectations made me feel that we are making a good job.

I will give a mention to the cleaning staff and waiters for their good job making you feel home year by year.

Regarding about the beds, I have to say that we are remodeling our rooms right now to offer you a more comfortable room.

Thank you again for your time, and I hope to see you back soon not in a far future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Last year we returned to El Moro, and 3 days into our 6 week vacation, my husband fell ill, and require medical assist. staff were so supportive and look after all MY needs while he was in the hospital...from telephone calls, faxing, copying all paper work..
Senor Velasco, made sure that I was totally looked after., Rosy (my guardian angel) made sure that I was safe and secure while alone for those 4 days, and Patricia, look after all my "paper need" for Insurance purposes..Victor in the La Concha Rest...was always there for me as I was "Uno" for 5 days,,thank you , thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT..because of the tremendous medical staff at El Moro, we were able to continue with the remainder of "our home away from"

Room Tip: higher room do have less traffic noise, all rooms have excellent views, from overlooking the golf co...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeweywhiteRock

Dear, Deweywhit

I can´t begin to express what your review means to me and all the staff. It is always nice to be recognized when you put in a little extra work and your wonderful comments can benefit enormously El Cid team's atmosphere. Thanks to positive feedback, I’m proud to know how each of them cares of you and your husband. I'm happy to have them as part of the team's cid, be assure that they will receive a mentioned for his excellent job, your comments about their amazing attitude and service make them earn it.

I hope everything goes better and are doing well, we sincerely hope to have you back with us in your home away from home in the not too distant future!

Kind Regards,

Salvador Sanchez

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Fantastic place to stay right on the beach in Mazatlan. Rooms are nice, kept very clean by the staff and overall very comfortable. This is the second time I've stayed at the Moro Hotel and like that it is a bit quieter than the Castilla. The service by the staff is excellent; they go to great lengths to make you feel comfortable and completely on vacation. The food at the Italian restaurant is my favorite but the sushi place is a close second. Both my visits have been work related (conference was held here) and I have great enjoyed working with the conference staff (Jesus Gaxiola); they have been very responsive to our needs and treated us exceptionally well during our stay. I can't wait to return and actually go on vacation!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean side are amazing for obvious reasons..having the window open all night and hearin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam S
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear, Pam S

Many thanks for your exceptionally kind review; it was fantastic to read that during your stay you found the hotel provided excellent service. I was really enthused by your feedback and have passed it onto my team. Reviews by Trip Advisor members are a vital form of feedback to ensure that as a hotel we consistently deliver exceptional levels of service.

We would love to see you here again and I hope you will return. Let me know if you have any further feedback for us, and if so please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

While we were at El Moro in February, we had excellent service across the board.. but in particular on several occasions, Tomas went above and beyond great service at the pool and beach. On our last day, we had Paul and he was also there whenever you needed him to help or get you something.. It was truly a wonderfully, relaxing vacation.. thank you so much..

Room Tip: ocean front is always a good choice..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear, DJ R

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and will post on our board in the break room. We are fortunate to have a team of genuine and passionate employees who love what they do.
We appreciate the fact that you share your experience with us in regards to the communications skills of our team members. It is motivation for our team members, but also it encourages us to keep focus in our training programs to achieve guest satisfaction.

Thank you for noticing and sharing.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently booked a week for a girlfriend and I at the El Cid Marina in Mazatlan through RCI for March 29 to April 5. I was contacted about 3 weeks before my trip by someone claiming to be from El Cid stating that I could buy an All Inclusive package from them at a discounted price. When I asked about purchasing for only a few days I was told that this was not possible. I was told it was one week or nothing so I paid for the whole week. I found out after the fact that you can purchase individual days at the resort and not a whole week. Two weeks before my trip I was contacted by Gary at El Cid stating that the Marina property had been overbooked and therefore I was being upgraded to the El Cid El Moro. Let me tell you that the El Moro is not an upgrade from the Marina. I toured the property and ate in the restaurant at Marina and it is a much nicer resort that the El Moro.

Unfortunately within a few hours of arriving in Mazatlan we received a call from home that there was a death in the family and we needed to return to Canada. So, after only a couple of days of eating at the resort we were heading home. I spoke with Gary at El Cid and also Mario at RCI and explained my situation. I understand that the All Inclusive voucher states that it is not refundable but really thought that El Cid would have some compassion for a situation like ours and would consider some form of reimbursement for the days that we did not eat at the resort. I never would have even purchased the full week voucher if I knew that I could buy individual days at the resort itself as we had rented a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen.

Since I returned to Canada I have had 2 more conversations with RCI and with El Cid (Timeshare Department) regarding some type of reimbursement and they keep passing the buck between RCI and El Cid. I realize that the vouchers says non refundable but I truly hoped that 2 large corporations would have some compassion for people in our situation and consider refunding our money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Yvonne C

Dear, Yvonne C

Thank you sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor,

I am saddened to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay due to your recent loss. Our sincere condolences to you and your family.

It is concerning to hear that El Moro did not meet your expectations and I can assure you that all of your comments have been taken into consideration. I appreciate you giving us your honest feedback for constructive input provides us with the opportunity to grow. If your plans ever happen to lead you to Mazatlan, hopefully, you can visit us again and enjoy the numerous upgrades and enhancements that have been made to our facilities since last year. Most recently, El Cid added a new poolside restaurant and lounge, refurbished the entire pool area and restaurant terrace, as well as numerous guest rooms.

Our vacation club would like to discuss your needs and comments further and will be in contact with you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was good but what was even more amazing was Francisco Renteria Vallejo! He was our waiter and served us at the pool bar. He is one of the main reasons I will be returning to the El Cid El Moro. The hotel and restaurants were great but Francisco made our trip so memorable! He was caring and so quick to bring us anything we needed. He remembered us and what we liked; bringing us more drinks or water if we were running low without us having to ask. He is an amazing addition to your hotel and such a pleasure to speak with.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a 2 room suite if you have 4 people. The rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear, Allison P

What a pleasant reading! It was very comfortable to read you impressions on your recent stay at El Cid Moro. As well on your special mentioned to Francisco Rentería, as mentioned before we are proud to having him in our team. He cares of each detail of our customers and love to do it so! Be assure that he will receive recognition for his excellent job.

We hope to have the pleasure to having you once again in a not too distance future.

Best Wishes,