I am sad to say this trip was a disappointment.
1. Three of five got sick and spent several days shut in the room. From the symptoms we say food poisoning. Having purchased the all inclusive and only eating at the resort it must be their food. So to add to the disappointment of spending vacation in bed & bathroom in pain, is the thought of spending money for all inclusive that is not being used by some... for days. And then finding out that room service is not included in the owners price for all inclusive. Having sick people that think they are getting better and want to try eating something, in the comfort of our room, and having to pay for it on top of the cost of all inclusive is a slap in the face. And others are not allowed to go order at a restaurant and get it to go for them. What a rip off!
2. The maid did not leave the usual extra t.p. roll on the toilet tanks (3 bathrooms) one crucial day so I had to go off seeking them out for more t.p.
3. Laundry could not keep up with towel use so we couldn't get more than 1 wash cloth for 5 people- two days in a row. Really?!
4. Employees in general do not seem happy or concerned with serving or providing for the guests. Some were rude. Some just gave real poor service. Some ignored the fact that we were at the pool without anyone taking our drink order. We had to go ask to be served.
5. In general we all felt that we were treated differently than previous trips by wait staff and wonder if it is due to the all inclusive plan/bracelet. Do they get tipped as stated in that plan? We also added tips to most every slip since it was the holiday week and we like to be generous to those having to work instead of being with their family.
6. Info about the cart system to move around the property indicated we did not need to call for a ride but wait on the path as the cart moves continuously back and forth. However, the empty cart driver told us he couldn't take us as he was going to get someone who had called for the cart. Told us to wait for him to come around again. What?! We walked instead, in the rain one day.
7. Using the sofa bed each night, we found one night at 10pm that the sheets for that bed had been taken but not replaced. So we called and waited for someone to bring more sheets.
8. Along with #7, when originally calling for bedding for the sofa bed we received sheets and one thin blanket. Since that didn't keep my daughter warm I gave up my bedspread. I hoped I would get another one on my bed the next day, never did.
9. While it is stated that pool chairs are not to be saved, each morning the same folks were out very early saving many chairs for their group that would then wander in and out at various times of the day. Seemed quite unfair to those attempting to follow the rule. Seeing many chairs not actually occupied for hours is frustrating.
10. Being owners at this resort we have loved our vacations here in the past. However we will not be going back anytime soon. We will book into other resorts, maybe not even PB and enjoy being treated properly.
11. DO NOT PURCHASE THE ALL INCLUSIVE unless you plan to eat round the clock and be drunk every day... that is the only way it would save you money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan