Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
3,243 results
All reviewskelly's baremerald baypueblo bonitobistro restaurantsister resortla cordelieremain poolmaster suitetime sharesunset beachbeautiful resortfree shuttlepb mazatlanpillow menuadult poolmeal plantimeshare presentation
Reviewed 23 July 2013

As soon as we arrive we were greeted with kindness. Our room was ready and had an excellent view. The only thing was that as soon as you checked in you were sent to the time share people who were really pushy before they gave you your key. Then you were escorted to your room. The pools were great but full. My family and I enjoyed the view of the ocean and free shuttle to their sister hotel pueblo bonito that was closer to mazatlan life. We really liked this resort and we will be conning back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Adventuresteacher
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed for one week in July 2013. The pool is nice, clean, and there are organized activities. The room had ice cold A/C, although it is starting to look run down, with dirty tiles and improperly working bathroom showers (e.g. the shower head is of poor quality, the toilets are not high end). The kitchenette had ants. I tipped $10 / day and had impeccable maid service in our room. There are lots of plants and trees and iguanas, so the surroundings are beautiful. The beach CANNOT be entered into because of the millions of jelly fish. Further, the beach is not the typical sandy beach in Mexico. This beach is steep and dangerous. I would give the hotel 4 starts but the Staff 2 stars, therefore, I have rated this hotel a 3. I am not sure that I would return. The staff are not friendly at all. When I checked in, the reception person, "Juan" took almost 20 minutes (not exaggerating) to find me a room, then it was on the far end of the hotel. I had made my reservation 3 months in advance but he claimed that it was first come, first serve and all the rooms were taken. So, instead of getting the two-bed master suite I had paid for, I ended up with the one king bed master suite. Disappointing, but especially with his lack of caring. Then of course, he wouldn't release the room keys until I talked to the person who is trying to sell you the "timeshare." How nice... She was so upset because I told her that I would never purchase a timeshare at a hotel that can't even get my reservation correct. I asked Juan to have the manager contact me. As you might expect from a mismanaged hotel, that never happened. Finally, one of my friends came to visit and the front gate attendant would not let him in because it was 8:15 pm. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank EstradaLawyer
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking to the time to express your comments and concerns about our resort, we apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you, and we can assure you that we will take action based on the feedback that you and other guests have given us. Hope to welcome you anytime in the future so you can give us the opportunity to treat you like you and all of our guest deserve.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Nice resort. It took us a couple of days to get the hang of things, what was where, and where to eat. The pool was so warm! Very clean water, and nice relaxing areas. The views from the top floor of building K were not that good, but not bad by any means. We were close to the Bistro and the smaller pool which was great. Was quite a hike to the front/office areas. See my comments in the hints section.

The activities were more for older teens (16+ in most cases), and my 14 and 9 year old didn't have any activities to particiapte in.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the wi-fi, choose building G or H. There is resort wide internet for a $10 a day fee. If you want to be by the pool and main buffet restaurant, choose building E. Buildings K and L are the closest to the ocean as well as the Bistro and smaller pool, but aren't high enough to have a great view. You get to see the tops of the palm trees and a peak of ocean here and there. When we checked in, they offered us a $200 US credit that we could use or get back back if we took the time share tour. The bistro is the only place for lunch unless you want to eat poolside. Learn a few key phrases in Spanish to get around too as that will help.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank mmk1968
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Pueblo Bonito Resorts are the best. Emerald Bay is no exception. It has been our annual getaway for over ten years. We've seen improvements over the years and we continue to come back. The rooms are great, the views are great, and the food is great. This year, our stay was special because of all the music venues available. Listening to Sergio play the sax while dining outside in the Bistro patio was excellent. Having drinks and snacks at Kelly's Bar while listening to Rafael was just superb. And we always enjoy a special meal at Angelo's while listening to Andres. The Super Deli is a great place to eat also. The pools, the spa, the gym, the landscaping, and the staff are just great. Can't say enough good things about it and we plan on coming back next year.

Room Tip: We like a room with a terrace and a couple of chaise lounges.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Doug H
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Dough H,

We appreciate your kind remarks and the time you took to review us, we also would like to thank you for your preference on choosing Emerald Bay for 10 years in a row! Guests like you are what make us feel satisfied for the quality of the service we strive to provide each day.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This place is AH-Mazing. We have frequented PB Emerald Bay twice now and plan to go back soon. The grounds are lush and beautiful with the many waterfalls, fountains, and even peacocks at entry to the atrium which, by the way is also spectacularly decorated. Food is delicious and staff was always on hand to drive us to our unit as we are on one of the end units. Pool is beyond amazing. Beach is picturesque and due to it's location you pretty much have the beach to yourself. The Sopa De Tortilla is crazy good and I find myself craving it from time to time. The cute little towel animals (swans, etc) are the perfect touch. If you are fortunate enough to be able to stay at PB Emerald Bay expect perfection.

Room Tip: The only downfall is the location which for many would be just fine. It is very quiet and quaint, however if you need to get down to town it is quite a hike and many pesos to take a cab. They do, however, have a shuttle.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rachel P

Dear Rachel P,
We feel so pleased after reading your nice review, we would like to thank you for your preference on choosing Emerald Bay for the second time, hope to welcome your anytime soon!