Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay was built in 2001, and shortly after completion the parent company shifted its focus to Cabo, building five new resorts there in the intervening years. Which unfortunately means their attention (and money) has not been on maintaining and updating their Mazatlan property. Sadly, it shows in a lot of little things when you stay here.
The grounds are beautiful, although in some places starting to overgrow the walkways. We had to have a maintenance person come to our 3rd floor room to show us how to get hot water for the shower (tip: turn the hot water on in the sink and let it run well before taking a shower). We had to wipe our feet every night before getting into bed because the floors had enough dirt/sand on them your bare sole's would be covered. If you want Wi-Fi you need to huddle around the one deli that provides it for the entire resort. It feels like it has been years since they replaced the shocks on the bus that takes you into town.
We did the all-inclusive plan which in their case has service gratuity included. I usually supplemented that with an additional tip at each meal, but not at a high percentage since some was already being included. On one occasion I was surprised when the waiter returned to my table with the check and said "This must be in dollars?" assuming he felt the tip was too small. It's things like that you don't expect from a resort that would like to portray class.
That said, most of the staff is a joy to be around and truly helpful and friendly. We just returned from our second year to spend a week here. It was nice enough, but doubt we will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan