For what others have seemed to rate excellent or very high, I find I cannot.
The resort at first glance is beautiful but the longer I was there, the more I saw that didn't impress me.
Interior large paint splatters that are not cleaned up in any places within the room.
Bird or animal s... That is smashed and left on main outdoor stairway that went uncleared for the week I was there.
Screen doors (multiple) that are off their tracks and left put aside on balconies.
Outdoor showers near the beach that have faucet handles that just spin and fall off.
TV's with unreliable volume control...not just low batteries on remote.
Elevators very sensitive to something...not a weight issue. Sometimes took as many as four attempts for doors to close and stay closed.
Now let's talk service.
The individual service people go out of their way but the people behind the desk not so much. We kept having unfortunate experience after unfortunate experience. When we asked to speak with a manager, Roberto told us he was a manager. Clearly a lie.
Requests made prior to arrival were not accommodated. Not always the worst experience when traveling but some acknowledgment or apology is expected. One may argue that different cultures...the facility caters mostly to US Americans. A little sensitivity training would go a long way.
We can see a decline from when we first visited in 2007. Maybe time to check out other facilities that may try harder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan