This was our 10th trip to Mazatlan, our 9th at PBEB and our 3rd at PBEB with our 'Italian' friends. Over the years there have been many changes to the resort, service staff etc. For this trip there were some areas that I think the management (if you can ever find them) have listened to on Trip Advisor and some things that I think they have ignored. On the UP side there were new towels poolside, new more modern TV's in the bedroom; painted and freshed up rooms and new fridges. We requested a room in the 14/15/16/17 buildings and we place in 1815. I rang and requested another room, after 1 hour I was happily rehoused in 1715 - perfect! Fantastic poolside service from Angel, Jesus and Jose Louis,although Carlos :( has gone to Topolos - we could not get a reservation, fully booked all the time. Book from the US before you leave! Other untrained waiters were poor and lacked the the happy hour mentality as it took almost an hour to get a drink poolside. Maids for the rooms were brilliant and the room was fresh and clean everyday, remember to leave them a tip please! Most pleasant surprise was the towel pool guys from housekeeping - whoever is in-charge of housekeeping great job! They were pleasant and helpful. Finally the security towel police are doing their job and removing the 'left' before breakfast towels........everyone knows what this means! Now to the negatives of which I think is heavily weighted because of the introduction of the all- inclusive plan. Service at the pool does not begin until 11 for anyone and ends around 5pm for everyone! We used to love to start early and finish late :) Portion sizes and alcohol content of drinks is severely reduced, even for those who are paying full price. The buffet food in the Cordeliere all but inedible. We went on the Sat night to the buffet from 5-10pm and arrived at 7pm. All the appetizers were all but eaten, there was virtually no desserts left and the outside buffet was much cold and stale. I requested to have some more appetizers and desserts and the chef asked why? most people have eaten! There was ONE table who came in after us and had nothing left. 370 pesos for 2* food at best. The entertainment was almost complete by 8pm and then he kept telling everyone to make a report on Trip Advisor - well here it it is. I if you advertise 5-10pm then you should have everything available till alt least 9pm! The all inclusive band is killing the quality of the food. This restaurant used to have high end shrimp, steak and lobster. Now there isn't even a shell in sight! The Bistro is a much better option. My last gripe is the front desk/concierge. A hotel that offers this service as most 4*/5* hotels do should ensure that the front desk and the concierge co-ordinate. Lost bookings, mix ups on trips, restaurants unavailable??? You used to be able to get drink coupons! I think PBEB does NOT want you to leave the resort, If so do not offer a concierge service. We are OVER the timeshare already.............please change the check in procedure, its so lame..............well overall we had a fab time. Pools are still fab, Roberto and the tennis was excellent, some of the trained staff are great, oh and the activities are fab as well and so is the pottery. Some of the things we come back to PBEB for. So may I suggest management revise the all inclusive to include everyone from all aspects, those who prepay and those who do not. Train the newer pool staff alongside the trained ones and talk to chefs about upping the quality of the food. Till the next trip.................see my reviews on Pedro & Lola; Angelos; Cilantros......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan