We just returned from an 8 day all inclusive stay at the Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay resort. The staff were all awesome. The pools, plant life, walkways, animals (flamingos, fish, ignuanas right outside our door, small beach crabs) and view were superb. Unlike other reviews we found the food mediocre at times; very soggy nochos, baked potatoes slightly undercooked, scrambled eggs in a small pool of milk on your plate, no variety of bread.. white only, cheese and meat platters on Saturdays only, fruit supply minimal (pineapple, melon, papaya and water melon), onion soup was not good at La Bistro, however, fresh omelettes were great and you have to ask for bacon but they do bring it!
Our room was fantastic with a great 4th floor view of the ocean and the adult pool. We had everything we needed except a comfortable bed and toilet paper. The sheets are not fitted and come undone when you roll over. The comforter was made of cheap nylon which feels grosse to the touch, the pillows are small and flat as a pancake. They will bring you better pillows if you ask. Cleaning ladies don't check your 'paper' supply so keep an eye on that. Using paper towels is not pleasant.
One bartender thought he was doing our 15 year old son a favor by putting rum in his not-so-virgin pina colada... beware!
Many activities yet not enough. I would have enjoyed local artists doing their stuff, whether painting, funky hair braiding, jungling or whatever else. There was nothing except a great traditional show Saturday night at La Cordeliere and Christmas with a wonderful guitarist.
They need an evening beach capfire with house guitars we can borrow!! More Arts please!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan