We are time share owners at this resort. We were there in April of this year. What we noticed between April and June is a drastic reduction in service personnel. There are far fewer waiters around the pool. Is this to reduce staff and/or reduce the number of orders that can be placed by visitors who have purchased an all-inclusive. Even the staff admits a reduction. In both cases the owner is saving money.
The grounds are not as clean and again it's noticeable that staff is reduced. So what is driving all of this? Is it because Mr. Coppel, the owner is building another large project in Los Cabos? The emerald bay owners were promised a golf course but it's been ten years. But the new development in Los Cabos has a new Jack Nicklaus golf course under construction.
The rates in the Spa are higher than in the US. They also add a 16% taxes and 3% valet fee!! On top of all of this, you are billed 'donation' to The Letty Coppel foundation, what ever it is they do with the cash.
The rooms are nice with views. Only time will tell if the owner is going to walk away in favor of Los Cabos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan