“Best Pizza in Mazatlan (That we had)”
Review of Nando's Pizza

Nando's Pizza
Ranked #67 of 407 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Adlkofen, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in Mazatlan (That we had)”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Great crust, great sauce, generous toppings! We ate at a few different spots - wife is a vegitarian. Nando's was a great pizza.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ewqlkdjfw

Minneapolis
“Beware of the Peppers!”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We lost track of time and before we knew it, it was after 9pm and most restaurants in walking distance were already closed (the Place, Three Amigos and Oceano Palace) so we decided to give Nando's a try. I'm so glad we did...I've never laughed so hard in my life!! We sat outside and it was a little dark. I remember commenting that the (dried) peppers on the table looked really good. The pizza came and they put it on a rather high stand in the middle of the table. It was a little hard to reach and the pizza hadn't been cut very good so it was a bit of a challenge to get a piece. The pizza was very good but I had to try to the peppers. Within a minute or two my eyes started watering, then my nose started running and it dawned on me that it was the peppers! I have never eaten anything hot enough to my my face water like that which I found to be hilarious! So now I'm laughing so hard that I can't talk, my face is beet red, my nose and eyes are still running like faucets and all I can think is "That's a dirty trick"!! LOL! I was hoping they had cameras to catch all of this because I would've loved to see it!! Give Nando's a try, just beware of the peppers!! =)

For the record I have every intention of using the peppers again but I will make sure I have light to see how much I'm putting on and I think I will out it my hand first to be safe (I suppose my hand will burn and start to sweat!! ha-ha! )

• Visited February 2012
Mazatlan
“Genuine Chicago Deep Dish - but just not a great restaurant”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Heard about this place for a while, so we finally went.

Had a deep dish pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage and sun-dried tomatoes. The pepperoni lacked flavor, the sausage was pretty good and had been broken up into small crumbles, which I like and the tomatoes were also in small pieces which is the only way to enjoy them on a pizza. The sauce was good and there was enough of it. The crust was uneventful. The cheese was good but very stringy. For some reason, the kitchen felt compelled to sprinkle non-melting Parmesan over the pizza before serving. It ruined the appearance and detracted from the otherwise good cheeses.

Service was a joke. The young girl spoke so softly that there was nothing she said that didn't have to be repeated twice or three times. She painfully slowly wrote down our order--you'd have thought she was writing a novel. She left to turn in the ticket and immediately returned to ask us what we had ordered. Huh? This scene was repeated the entire visit. It truly wore me out.

There was no management or owner to be seen. The nice parking space in front by the front door was unusable because of the large portable sign someone chose to put there instead this day. The air conditioning was on and it was freezing inside. The TV was on, but instead of listening to the TV, there was some funk jazz playing -- too loud and very annoying.

Pizza takes a long time to arrive. It is placed atop this custom wooden pizza caddy that serves as the condiment holder. It is ingenious in its design, but unfortunately with the booth seats being so low, the pizza ends up so high that you cannot see what you are doing when cutting a slice. I am 5' 6" and my son is a couple of inches taller. We both commented what a poor design it was.

Pluses - it is the only restaurant serving true Chicago style deep dish pizza in town.

Minuses - horrible service, lack of thought in so many areas, very expensive (our pizza was 230 pesos)

There are better pizzas in town - La Mona and Pizza Moreno or Villa Italia come to mind. But if you have to have Chicago deep dish - this is your place.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank jojoishere
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great service, great taste!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It is our second visit to this pizza joint while vacationing in Mazatlan, we love it, love it, love it!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Maria F
Prince George, Canada
“Watch your bill”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Was there last night,I guess they figured we had to Manu Cerveza to notice the extra 70 pesos they added to the price.The pizza next door at the Oceano is cheaper and really really good

2 Thank Gerry R