“They never disappoint!”

Villas El Rancho Green Resort
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Villas El Rancho is a fantastic, relaxing and fun get-away! The privacy of the villas,pools, bar, restaurant are all excellent!!! I am an owner - and proud of it!! I have brought friends and family and they always want to go back! I have went alone and loved it too!!

Room Tip: Pick up some basic groceries so that you can eat and relax!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2014

It is a nice small hotel in a great location, friendly service and the best beach in Mazatlan a few steps from your room. The rooms are called Villas which have two rooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, dinning room and tv/family room, the construction is a mexican modern style, the rooms are in good condition and are perfect for a family from 3 to 6 members. We enjoyed the beach like we never before, since it is very convenient to go from your room to the beach and back every time you need. It is great place to stay for a family vacation or simply relax, small place, good staff and everything you need to enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I want to express my gratitude to Villas El Rancho, they made our stay the best of the best. I visited Mazatlan with my family and we had a wonderful time in the beautiful paradise of Villas El Rancho. I never expected it was going to be so peaceful and be surrounded with beautiful personnel.

Room Tip: No telephone for those who want to rest. That's a plus
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank enriquezElPaso
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The villas are set among abundant plantlife, almost like being in a tropical rain forest. It's about twenty steps to the beach. For me, the high point is the view of the ocean from the restaurant late in the afternoon as the sun sets, wow!

Room Tip: The villas facing the ocean are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jose G
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed for several days in February. The hotel is charming and right on the beach. This hotel is very much a Mexican hacienda-style hotel with typical decor and terrazzo tile and gorgeous native plants There is a sparkling swimming pool and the staff is very helpful and pleasant. The restaurant is very good and we had all our meals there. The bar is open all day and even serves on the beach. We took a short bus-ride to the mall and came back in an open-air modified VW - very convenient. The hotel provides a 5-gallon bottle of clean water for drinking. The kitchen is fully-functioning and there is a convenience store across the street.
There are no elevators or long hallways and it is not a modern, Las Vegas-style high-rise so if that is what you want, look elsewhere. If you want a relaxing, charming vacation with old-world charm, go to Villas El Rancho. We will go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The reviews that said the units need attention was bang on. The fridge has broken shelves and no light. All appliances need to be replaced as do some of the kitchen utensils. The windows need a good cleaning and the blinds aren't the best. The amenities like dish soap, dish cloth, Kleenex are not provided, nor are they available at reception. They don't even have coffee there.

We ordered one meal at the restaurant and won't go back, which is a shame as the view is to die for.

The vegetables were the tasteless frozen variety; not what one expects in a place where excellent produce is readily available. Also, all day happy hour is advertised, but it must not mean the restaurant service. The hot tub was either out of service or just not turned on for our week.

We asked for ocean front that was posted for a fee, but were told that it was only available for members. Then a gentleman came to the door with an offer. We gathered that if we put ourselves through the torture of timeshare sales, we could have ocean front. We were not willing to do that.

Also, so guests told us that there can be loud partying on the beach, so recommended poolside anyway.

The maid service is daily and nicely done. Anyone on staff that we encountered could not have been nicer. And, our poolside room still had a nice view. The beds were not bad and the pillows excellent. Because the water is not for drinking, water is provided.

This resort is on one of the nicest beaches we have ever seen. You can walk for miles in the sunshine, if you like. Venders seemed pretty polite. We bought delicious fresh shrimp from one and lovely fruit from another.

Room Tip: Good luck with getting ocean front.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MacKayAlberta
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our 3 generation family loves the comfortable old-charm villas set amid lush tropical gardens. It was our 3rd time but my first in the loft bedroom. Each morning I opened my eyes to a soft glowing sunrise spreading its magic over the crashing surf and swaying palms! Didn't even have to lift my head off the pillow!
Being a runner, I make some of my own meals, especially breakfast, but like to eat under the authentic, thatched-roof cabanas, still enjoying the ocean and gardens.
While there, I ran the Gran Maraton Pacifico, all 26.2 miles, 42.2K. It was my 13th, but my hottest ever! Had to walk the hottest stretch. Luckily the last 13k were on the lovely Malecon, where the seaside breeze helped me pick up the pace and run it in strong. Back at El Rancho I walked straight into the pool to speed up my recovery! No problem walking up the stairs to Lupita's Restaurant for an excellent recovery meal.
The Malecon is my favourite run (but required a bus ride), but we all ran or walked to Cerritos Point almost daily, about 8K return. We often went down on the sidewalk and back via the beach, stopping off at Punta Bruja to watch the surfers! Even saw a stand-up paddle-boarder one day. Sigh. Would so love to do it all over again next December!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends