“Great Food”

Ranked #57 of 400 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a great new restaurant opened by the same family that owns the very popular Allegro. It shares a patio with the Allegro location in the Golden Zone.
Saginaw, Minnesota
“Great Food”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We attempted to go there on a Saturday night but it was a 2 1/2 hour wait so we left and came back on a Monday night (I think). We made reservations just to make sure. Nobody else was there when we arrived around 6 pm as there was 7 of us we got the tables of our choice. I had the seared tuna, my wife had some kind of chicken fettucinne, 2 kids shared a pizza, one had lasagna, one had a shrimp salad, and a fettuccine alfredo. A minor communication problem ordering as we attempted to explain to the waiter who was on which bill resulted in my getting 2 seared tuna dinners. This actually ended up being a good thing as it was so delicious I devoured both dinners. The kids inhaled their pizza and the big winner was the lasagna which was unbelievable delicious. Our friends are pretty picky eaters and they loved the food.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jack H

Milwaukee, WI
“LOVED IT! CRAZY GOOD FOOD AT REASONABLE PRICES”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Went to this place for the first time on this trip. We were one of only three tables there on a thurs night, which was inexplicable, given how reasonable and delicious the food was. Pastas are all homemade. Really great, cheap (60 pesos) wine by the glass. Very competent service. Basic no-frills but pleasant decor. Skip pancho's on the beach and go here instead. Honestly, a place this good and cheap should be packed every night. I wanted to go back a second time, but my husband felt like we should check out pancho's, as they have so many great reviews. I know they're entirely different types of food and restaurant, but no comparison. Raggio blows Pancho's away. Check it out. It doesn't look like much is going on there from the outside, but the food is some of the best I've had in 3 trips to Mazatalan.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank oldmovielover
Surrey, Canada
“Delicious food, excellent service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We sauntered in one night after a drink at Social Cafe down the road. My wife has multiple food allergies, including gluten and corn, so we were pleasantly surprised to see an "ask about gluten-free" note on the menu. The waiter couldn't confirm that the gluten-free pasta didn't have corn, but asked us to come back tomorrow night after they had a chance to confirm with their supplier. We came back and were immediately presented with the packaging and list of ingredients. That alone was worth a 5-star rating, but the food... the food was amazing. The pizza was the best I've had since my trip to Italy a few years ago, and my wife loved her pasta dish. Highly recommend.

4 Thank Anton V
Billings, Montana, United States
“Best meal ever”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

At Raggio the bread was perfectly cooked not dry at all.Their appetizer the roasty toasties we're delicious,and the meatballs are moist and tasty.I had the pizza it was so good.

2 Thank Jordan P
milwaukee wi
“One of the best restaurants in mazatlan”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

All pastas, sauces, breads are made from scratch and the amazing taste proves it. I had the best ahi tuna I have ever had and I have had it many places, in many countries. The pasta tastes as good as it is in Italy. The prices are reasonable and the selection of choices is very good. They have a fine bar as well. I wanted a special place for my birthday and Raggio Cucina Casual didn't disappoint. There is a nice little outside courtyard or in door seating . Enrique who owns the restaurant was very helpful answering all our questions not only about the food but about Mazatlan. He speaks beautiful English for those of us who are still trying to learn Espanol. His expertise and travels to Italy really has paid off. We will be going back to Raggio Cucina Casual.

3 Thank savvytravelers13