“Scam!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Punta Pacifico

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Punta Pacifico
Edmonton, Canada
“Scam!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We bought a points membership at Punta Pacifico (at the time it was called Residence Club La Jolla) in December 2012. We fell prey to pressure sales and dropped $10,000.
Now, in June 2014, I cannot make a reservation based on our points which purportedly should allow us to do so. It seems that we will not be able to stay at the resort as I cannot make a reservation there, try as I might. I have sent 8 emails and talked on the phone with them 2 times from May 16, 2014 through June 10, 2014.

I have sent emails requesting a reservation and do not get responses. I have phoned and been told I will receive a call from the reservations person; no call. I phoned again and was told I would receive a call back from the reservations person - which I did- but then that person never did send me a reservation confirmation. Net gain: nothing. This game will go on as long as I'm willing to play it. I realize now that the resort has absolutely no intention at all of honoring its contract with us. We as good as threw our money in the ocean.
I cannot find any email address other than "customerservice1@punta pacifico.com.mx" and "reservations@puntapacifico.com.mx". Don't bother contacting those desks as "Karol Milan" who says she's the Customer Service Manager of Punta Pacifico and "Carolina Carbajal" who is the Reservations Manager there will not provide service or a reservation confirmation. If anyone has an email address for any management at Punta Pacifico, I would appreciate receiving that. My email is: jthicke@telus.net. Thanks, Janice

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
52 Thank Janice10411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Berlin, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had 2 wonderful relaxing weeks overlooking the ocean from our balony. The staff was very good about our missing items in the room. This a small resort so you get to know the people that are staying there. The restaurant was very good and open for all meals. The internet was free but you have to go to the lobby or restaruant which was fine. The pool is not heated but the weather was so nice it did not matter. The beach is very nice but resort is lacking comfy chairs. The beds in the room are only doubles which would be nice if they were queen but most of the hotels in Mazatlan have doubles. TV English station are good. There is a resort, Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, which is with in walking distance that you can go to their restaruat and also some day time restaruant to north called Surfs Up that is excellent. the only poor things about this place is that it is off the bus route to city of Mazatlan where there is lots to do. You can take a cheap taxi for $10 to town but you have to bargain and check the price before you get in. Also Cerritos point is wonderful to visit and has good raw oysters and good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bamrdk
Kentville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We just spent 3 weeks here. I don't understand what these other reviewers are talking about. The place is beautiful, we bought here 2 years ago and this was our first visit back. It's quiet but it's like having your own little slice of heaven without alot of people around. No vendors bugging you. The little town of La Cerritos is only a 50 peso cab ride and it has great bars and restaurants. Up the beach is a great little cafe / bar called surf's up where you can get great cuisine and listen to reggae on a saturday afternoon. Mazatlan itself is only 100 pesos away where you can enjoy all the night life you want. The staff here is warm and friendly and will bend over backwards to please. I read all of these reviews and I was expecting the worst,but I'll going back every year now for a long time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank DrZap32
Edmonton, Ab
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Wow, if you currently own here you are in for a surprise. The hotel has now changed name and id Punta Pacifico and guess what it is going to cost you AGAIN! We were told that to have the name changed on our contract is over $5000 or we can buy back in ~ pay another $15,000+ and from 1 to 30 days they will refund our original investment!!!!!!!! Born yesterday could be my new name

We love this property and the people who work here but the owners (new owners ~ which seems a stretch) are crooks. And every day we watch more people being taken in.

Room Tip: Don't buy here!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
34 Thank Dinolady

Travellers are raving about these Mazatlan hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

When my housband and I first got to the place, we loved it! But the following day when we wanted to enjoy our weekend, we found out they dont have enough (perhaps) employees. Waiters, cleaning ladies, recepcionist, and more other people were absent or at least didnt reply. Room service took for about 45 mins (just beers) and they didnt have pool towels!!! asked us to wait 15 mins, then 30, then 1 hr the last day so we checked out and towels were not available. So if you want to have a bad time waiting for your turn, go there... great facility, awful service.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Ana S
ferrisburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been traveling all over Mexico for the past 12 years and I love the colorful exotic flowers and landscaping--none here. I love infinity pools or at least large pools with a swim up bar--not here. I love eating under a palapa, or out under the stars on a hot night--not here. I like having a choice of restaurants on property and choice of pools--not here. This place is too small, too dull. The small restaurant all closed in has the atmosphere of a school cafeteria. In Mexico! Where things are colorful and wild! THE BEACH IS DOWN RIGHT UGLY AND NOT FOR SWIMMING. For the same price, you could have so much more fun somewhere else. My favorite restaurant in Mazatlan is Pancho's right on the ocean. Well, you can't get there from La Jolla--it's many miles from the exciting city of Mazatlan.If you are dumb enough to be lured into a presentation ( as I was ) do not believe them when they tell you they can sell your timeshares for you. That is not going to happen. Ask them right up front what their cancellation/refund policy is to protect yourself in case you get persuaded into something you regret later.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank carole c
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We just came back from our trip to Mazatlan and we stayed at La Jolla and we are so happy we are definitely going back! We loved the service, the front desk crew was very hospitable!! Food was great, the rooms clean and nice! We had a really fun time!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family