“Fun day of relaxing”

Deer Island (Isla de Venados)
Ranked #19 of 103 things to do in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Amphibious vehicles take vacationers to this uninhabited island off Mazatlan for snorkeling trips and other beach activities.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Good for relaxing, swimming, snorkelling, ect. We rode a crazy boat with wheels from the El Cid and it was something else lol. Could use better washroom facilities since they offer it.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My boyfriend and I paid for this excursion through our resort, El Cid, for about $45 USD each. You start out with a boat ride down the coast with free drinks before landing on Deer Island. The people I met during the tour made the experience a lot of fun. Everyone was friendly and were just looking for a good time. When we anchored some people, including my boyfriend, decided to jump off the boat and swim to the island rather than taking the smaller boat. We had a game of beach volleyball, went kayaking, did the banana boat ride, drank from coconuts and just engaged in each other's company. All of which was very exciting since I have not done most of those before. However, you couldn't see anything in the water with the snorkeling and the area for you to explore and hang out really isn't that big. They provided us with a small lunch buffet that mainly consisted of tacos, salad and fresh fruit. Over all it's a cool and relaxing experience. The people in your group make all the difference.

1  Thank KatBoomKat
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a great time here, we jet skied, snorkeled, banana boated, kayaked, floated in clean gorgeous water and had a huge yummy lunch with all we could drink all day... I highly recommend this activity with the tour out of the El Cid Marina. Such a great day!

1  Thank KAN1965
Reviewed 15 May 2013

During our last trip to Mazatlan we took the tour to Deer Island, you get on board a catamaran that sails around the most significant islands in Mazatlan. During your time on board there is open bar consisting of beer, tequila sunrise, pineapple vodka, soda and water. After 45 minutes or so we arrived at the island. There is not really too much to see, there are some palapas under which we stayed during all our stay. They organize banana-ride, kayaking and snorkeling. The sea at Deer Island is clear but not anywhere close to Cancun so it's not easy to see fish. The buffet consisted of Marlin tacos, which were Ok for me although my wife didn't find them that appealing.
As a conclusion, the experience was not bad at all but definitely not worth the time and money ($200 - 4 adults and 1 child)

5  Thank Jose Luis C
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We took this excursion for about $50 USD and it was a rip off. They take you on a catamaran along the coast and then to the island for a 5 minute ride of banana boating. Then they tell you that you can snorkle and kayak... The snorkeling was awful! Can't see a thing in the Ocean! Then you sit around on the beach for a few hours. They do serve you lunch (fajitas) but I could have gotten that on the resort.
Then they take you back on the catamaran.... Not very fun at all.

I heard Stone Island has horse back riding and more fun things for cheaper! I think $32 USD. Allwell.

5  Thank samantha J