“Great for kids of all ages”
Review of Mazagua

Mazagua
Ranked #27 of 105 things to do in Mazatlan
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went for 1 day with a large group of young kids, ages 1-8. They all had a blast, the kids' area is perfect for those ages. The wave pool was fun, very crowded. The lazy river wasn't flowing. They could do better about keeping the grounds clean and I nearly lost my 3-year-old son by taking him on my lap down a slide they said was safe for kids... it wasn't (the ones with the flat, flexible foam mats). Overall a very fun day, wish it was priced a little lower, though. Once you get in you also have to pay if you want to use innertubes, etc.

1  Thank daynamite79

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We visited MazAgua in 1998 with a group of sailboat cruisers that were moored with us at the nearby marina. The average age of our group was probably 60. My wife and I were the youngest of our group. We were about 40 at the time and we took our daughter. We had an absolute blast doing head to head "old-geezer races" down the big slide and tried to see who could skim the furthest in the pool at the bottom of the slide. And the old guys and women were pretty darn competitive too! We were all scrambling back up to the top over and over again and never had to wait for more than a couple of people that might have been ahead of us. You need to understand that this water park that is really set up for Mexicans, not foreign tourists. (The web site is only in Spanish.) If you want to do crazy stuff like we did, no one will try and stop you. If you have an accident, it will be considered your own fault. You aren't going to be able to sue them if you got hurt. If you are inclined to want to blame someone else if you have an accident, you shouldn't go here. If you can understand and accept local customs and standards are different than "back home" and aren't going to whine about it, this can definitely be a fun day. You'll get an honest taste of some "real Mexico." just don't expect to be coddled and pampered like you are some weak, delicate, but not very bright gringo!

4  Thank noyokid
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Saw the slides from our resort and kids wanted to visit.

Price: $15

You can bring any food you like, no beers/soft drinks. Some families set ups rivaled some of the better tailgates I've been to.

Kids do enjoy the park, but you need to check out how suitable each area/attraction is for your kid. Minimal guard supervision or attraction criteria, so common sense evaluation needed by you.

I rode a tubed ride that nearly flipped me over and landed me backwards In the shallow landing zone....

You don't need to rent a tube, but decreases the hassle of jostling for them with others if the park is full.

Like most things in the area, could use a facelift (resurfacing), but not a big deal.

We rented a locker for valuables as we heard about some theft issues at our resort.

Overall, worth the trip and price. Would visit again if we are back in mazatlan.

2  Thank Mamiandpapi
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I visited this water park last week on Tuesday. We randomly found this park near our hotel and decided to go. It was $150 pesos which we thought was a steal! During our 1 week trip to Mazatlan we did not see any advertisement for this park besides on 1 billboard in New Mazatlan... We now know why. When we went it wasn't crowded it all, maybe 25 people in the whole park. Not all slides were open but we did every single one that was including the wave pool and children's area. It was a lot of fun, sketchy, and thrilling all together. There was almost no supervision at the park, we think the staff that worked there were not actual lifeguards more like observing people. The staff doesn't speak any English so be prepared. We rented one of the lockers and had no problem with that. You might think you have to rent a tube but we didn't, so if it's slow the day you go don't waste your money there are free ones people take turns using. No need to plan a whole day here at the park, you will be satisfied after a few hours. The park was clean the only part that was dirty was the lazy river so we didn't go in. We did not buy any food, drinks, souvenirs, or use the restrooms so I can't comment on any of those but I can tell you about the slides! They were fun but sketchy. I thought on the white water slide (where you use the tubes) I was going to flip! My boyfriend and me rode on a double tube, never again. It started to go side ways and I just couldn't stop screaming. Grand Prix was the worst (for me) I didn't hold on to the mat the way I should have (there's no staff to tell you how to do it) and I went flying past my mat and into the water... My top was halfway off my hair was all over the place, and I was in a big pool of water not knowing what just happened because it went so quick. Like I said overall it was fun, sketchy, and thrilling... If you have nothing else to do while you're on vacation.. Try this park but bring a mouth guard just in case!

1  Thank NEEK90
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went to the park the first week that it opened in March. We went 3 times, only once on the weekend, and it was busy. During the week was quiet, one day only 9 people came in. But a lot of fun! The group we had was small kids, teenagers and adults. Something for every one. They have a concession and store so you can get beer and food. Some slides were a bit sketchy, but again common sense. The wave pool was a blast, rent a tube and enjoy the waves. Life guards were every ware, so no worries. Just bring your own sun screen, the price in the park is really high.

3  Thank lexywil