“Nice presentation”

Lauren's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have enjoyed every visit to Lauren's so far. I do like their salads. They are a nice size, look good and taste very good as well. The drinks could be a little less expensive, however they are tasty.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

My son and I decided to have breakfast at Lauren's, first time eating there. The hotel and
restaurant lovely, staff accomodating but the food was cold, tasteless and a real disappointment. My son had eggs with machaca, a real Mexican dish that should not be
tasteless and the salsa was also tasteless, no bite to it. I had french toast that was cold
but I am use to cold food most of the time living in Mazatlan. The coffee was excellent but
I left with a low feeling about the place, to bad because it is a lovely hotel.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Lauren's Restaurant is in the Historic Center of Mazatlan, Mexico. It is in a fairly new Boutique Hotel called The Jonathan. The Hotel was in construction last year when we visited the Plaza Machado, and the owners have done a nice job. The interior is modern, and very smart. The steaks were very good, and the presentation was beautiful. The staff worked hard to provide a comfortable dinning experience. I would have given 5 stars, but the menu lacked any real vegitarian options other than salad. However, they did prepare a beautiful salad for the one person in our party who did not eat any type of flesh. I will certainly return there to eat again as soon as I reurn to Mazatlan.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stopped into Lauren's Restaurant at Jonathan's Boutique Hotel in Plazuela Machado for breakfast prior to touring the Performing Arts Center & Opera House across the way, on Tuesday, January 22, 2013. Great decision on our part.

Lauren's is a beautiful restaurant that attains a contemporary yet comfortable atmosphere. The wait staff is very professional and not intrusive. The food is absolutely excellent.

My wife went for the Lengua (beef Tongue) In Red Sauce, with a side of country style potatoes and a sunny-side egg. It was a substantial portion. Our expectations were exceeded. It was tender, flavorful yet not overwhelmed by the sauce.

I chose the Lauren's Combo which included strips of beef sauteed in a red sauce with onions, peppers and spices, green chiliquiles, scrambled eggs with diced ham and as spectacular a serving of black beans that I have ever experienced. Yes, they were that good. The beef was very good but stood little chance juxtaposed with the Lengua. Everything was delightful including our coffees.

What added that special touch is the Soprano practicing maybe 75 feet away from our table. It was a breakfast that we will never forget.

There is one problem that is very fixable which would make it much more likely that we will return. The female restroom is a disaster. We have been to Jonathan's three times on this trip, to tour the hotel, have a drink in the Sky Bar and for breakfast at Lauren's. All are first rate facilities that would hold up in any city that we have visited, but the woman's restroom in the lobby, just outside the restaurant is a disgrace at this time. It has been this way for over a week.

Please management, do yourself a favor and fix the damned plumbing. I love your restaurant, your bar and your hotel but my wife has her priorities.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

After a small communication issue, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Lauren's. The waiter's did not speak much
English but we were able to order what we wanted and were pleasantly surprised. The Mahi-Mahi with shrimp was tremendous. Try the Chocolate crepes!