“Superb”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

What else can I say other than El Roots is absolutely superb? The fish in foil dinners were delicious as were my grandson's fish sticks and the fish tacos. I've walked by for years and thought it was only a bar. Wow was I wrong and regret not enjoying El Root sooner. We definitely will be back!!!!!

1  Thank Linda and Joe C

Reviewed 31 January 2015

Been to El Roots quite a few times Always awesome and plenty of noise.
My wife leaves me there during the day while she shops and joins me at night. Going back in a month or so for more Pacifico and Blues. Love it

Reviewed 22 January 2015

I didn't eat at El Roots, but did go for an enjoyable night of live music on the patio a couple of times during our visit to Mazatlan. Cold, reasonably priced drinks with good service, and a good local band-- just what we were looking for. They have music regularly, so if you are into that sort of thing, go check it out. The bands we saw perform were very good for local bands, playing mostly classic and modern rock. The tables and chairs are nothing fancy, but don't need to be. It's very casual and friendly, just like this beach town as a whole. The waiter with the mohawk was great, and liked to get on stage and sing with the bands. Good fun for a night out.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

We went to Roots for my birthday while in Mazatlan. It was off peak season and a weekday so we were one of the one ones there. The food, atmosphere, service, everything was amazing. I was a great way to spend our first night even in MAZ. They even made an elaborate flaming tower of shots. It was crazy fun!

Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

This is a very casual (patio only) cafe on the street side in the golden zone. But the food is very good! I shares shrimp tacos and the 1/2 tuna tower and the tuna was amazing, I could eat it every day! Bathrooms were not the cleanest and could use an update though.