El Cid Granada Country Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
thelocal Hotels Mazatlan(Mazatlan)
View Hotel
All reviewspatio restaurantheated poolactivities directorsushi restaurantsmall kitchenettean older crowda la carte restaurantstennis courtsbit datedno graciasmake reservationsgreat tripla pergolaresort staffspent weeksall inclusive vacationother resorts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I enjoyed myself very much during my recent stay at Granada. Alex, and the rest of the reception staff, went out of their way for me. They gave me the best of the best, and helped me intensely with any little question or problem that I had. They truly gave me a wonderful and memorable experience that I will cherish forever. The resort itself was very pretty, and very well maintained. This resort is very well managed. I highly recommend El Cid Granada for a very enjoyable and memorable experience.

Room Tip: At first I wanted an upper floor, but acetually the lower floor is alwo awesome, because it has a patio. Really you can't go wrong no matter where you are in this resort. They pay attention to detail and every unit is perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sarah m
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear: Sarah m

We really appreciated your recent contribution of 5 stars at El Cid Granada. Thank you so much for yours encourage words from Alexander the front desk supervisor, we are so proud to having people like him committed with their work.

Your experience are highly valued for us because allows the readers of TripAdvisor to have a best impression to wich hotel they must choose in the next time to visit Mazatlan.

Once again thank you for your confidence and hope to see you soon in a not to distance future.

Kind Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was nervous at first about the reviews and asked for an upgrade to the El Cid across the street; however they were full. I am extremely glad that an upgrade was not available. WE loved it here at the Granada!!! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the quietness of staying on this side. We had the pool to ourselves or fairly close almost all the time; we also enjoyed the manager of the El Patio to be so pleasant and wonderful. My kids started calling him "grandpa" to me as he was so nice. We seemed to be some of the only Americans there at the time; but that was OK; we were treated with above average service. We would definitely return!!! Loved this place so much. Our air conditioner broke the first night and we had water all over the place; but they quickly responded and replaced the air conditioner. The service was amazing. I do agree about the beach vendors; they are awful, but I just always never looked them in the eye; nor did I acknowledge them. As for the timeshare meeting; I never did attend; and after the first day, they left me alone. This trip was over the 1st week of July. My 3 kids said it was the best ever. The rooms were clean, the maids were nice, and I never had any issues with the beds or comfort. I slept great there! The food was OK, not the worst; but not the best at the all you can eat places. I felt safe at this resort as well!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the pool and it was GREAT!! Watch out when a taxi doesn't tell you how much in advance; they will rip you off! They tried to avoid the cost and I know they took advantage of me!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TWGreenLake
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear: TWGreenLake

We are thrilled to read your recent review for El Cid Granada in your recent visit to Mazatlan.

I’m feel so happy to read that our hotel meet your expectations, El Cid Granada is known for being a quiet place, especially for guests that looking for relax, is small and cozy and has the advantage of being able to enjoy the sisters hotels such as Moro and Castilla if you get bored of the quietness.

It is good to know that you took into account the feedback from our visitors to evaluate the decision which hotel you choose and value each of the pros and cons, we are sincerely
pleased to take a few minutes of your valuable time to give us your own experience.

I regret to your inconvenience with the air conditioner on your first night, fortunately our maintenance team was able to solve in time, and take the necessary steps to prevent this happen again.

We really hope to host you again please let me know if I can help.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Of the three hotels at the main El Cid location in Mazatlan, I still like the Granada Hotel and Country Club more than Castilla or El Moro. The atmosphere is much more laid back and the employees are just different than the norm. They really care that their guests are happy and treated well. The grounds are beautifully kept, the pool is heated, the rooms are a little dated but very comfortable and clean, and the staff continues (year after year) to be smiling and courteous. I'm sure much of this is due to Daniel (the Manager) who has been with Granada for several years. When you see the same staff, year-after-year, this is a testament to a well-managed property.

This year I stayed at Granada for a week by myself and I didn't, even for a moment, feel anxious about being alone. Friends joined me for an additional three weeks and we had a wonderful time. I definitely plan to go back to Granada in 2014.

An additional benefit on the Granada side of the complex is the Restaurante Italiano. They are open for lunch and dinner. Although it is not owned by El Cid, it gives discounts to the El Cid Vacation Club members. I think it's one of the best restaurants in town and has a very authentic menu.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a week, ask for a room with a kitchenette. Also, I like the rooms near the pool area except on the night they have the Mexican Fiesta.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear NanEvan

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to write this review and for letting us know how your recent stay was. What great joy it brings to me to hear that you had an outstanding stay here with us and that you are a repetitive guest! I hope you keep coming to El Cid for many more years to come. Out of our four hotels Granada is the most tranquil aside from Marina.

We work our best in having our facilities looking its best at all times and we are also working on some renovation to update and better our facilities. I am proud to hear my staff went that extra mile to make your stay even that much better with their outstanding service rest assure they will be given the recognition they deserve.

We can`t wait to host you again we will be waiting here at YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Was back again in Mazatlan Jan 2013. Had a wickedly wonderful time with my bff!!! We were in the same room as last year! It was great....like going home! The staff was still amazing. Christian was there from last year, he definitely remembered us. Enrike` kon K, Bruno were the regular activity staff at our pool, they were fantastic!!! The University students....Carlos, Videl, and Eder were excellent. Definitely in the right business!
The day servers at the el Patio were magnificent!!! Mauricio and Jesus two thumbs way way up!!!!Julien in the evening was a great server as well!!! Romero at the sushi restaurant. And Cesar at the Italian was amazing as well.
Thoroughly enjoyed the casino nite....just wish we'd of heard about it sooner.

On the patio staff's days off, sadly they did not have good cover staff. Mirna, Orlando and Joel were horrible! :( They did not have very good people skills, minimal service and didn't open the bar till 1!!!

Overall...we will definitely be back again!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ElleManitoba
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear: ElleManitoba

I’m thrilled with your recent review at El Cid Granada Hotel, thank you so much for trust in us and for your nice words to our Resort.
I really appreciated the time to post this magnificent review to our staff, We are so proud to having people like Enrike, Bruno, Carlos, Fidel from activities and Mauricio, Julien, Romero and Cesar from food & beverage team, for they efficient and cordially service provided from our guest’s how’s are the most important to us.
We sorry to hear your experience at El Patio Restaurant with Mirna, Orlando and Joel, we will address your feedback with the staff and take in account to prevent this happen again and keep working with the level of service we use to.

General Manager.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I spent my second week in Mazatlan at the El Cid. What a great place! It was quiet, clean and with everything you need. Full size fridge and kitchen. Short walk to the beach and amazing pool at their other El Cid Hotel. Water was amazing. The only thing I would complain about is the beach vendors. They are ruthless! I will definately go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear: Karol63

Wow! Thank you for your nice words, I really want to thank you for your recent 5 stars review, I’m so happy to read that you could enjoyed our hotel and we meet your expectations,

Regarding to the beach vendors we are strengthen our areas with more security guards to prevent this happen again.

Once again thank for the time took to publish this wonderful review. In a future travels to Mazatlan we sincerely hope be the hotel of your choice.

My best,