Okay, this is the REAL goods about the El Cid. The place is a level below hotel 6. You can get the same value at the Azteca for significantly less. compare the rooms when you go. We went all inclusive and except for the El Patio Argentinian restaurant, it was NOT WORTH IT. The buffet at the castilla was boring at best. Yes, you could always find something to eat, but the selection was very weak. You get what you pay for, I guess.
To get good service here...TIP, and tip well. The problem with that is that, though I tipped well and was always with my family when I did so, when my wife and child came down by themselves they were virtually ignored. So guess what happens then? That's right!! The tips stopped because wifey was peeved. Adivce to the staff women in Canada are very much equal to the men. Ignore them and it is only your wallet that suffers.
The service at the Granada was an absolute joke. My 3 year old and I went down to the El Patio at 11:00 because she wanted toast. The server said that toast was not on the menu so we could not have it. ??????? Did the toaster just pick up and walk off? You can't grab some bread and toast it? I could get toast at McDonalds( whose service is significantly better then this place...IN THE DAY TIME). I had decided that this was the place where they train the new (small school bus) employees, because getting mediocre service was difficult.
At night time things changed significantly. The El Patio becomes Mr. Hyde. First off, the best steak I have ever had was done here. UNBELIEVABLE! I had gone there expecting the same crap service from the daytime, I was pleasantly surprised. If you go try the steak. You will not regret it.
The rooms are basic at best. This place needs a serious make over. On night the bathroom smelled god awful, turns out the smell was the sewer backing up through the tub. They came and fixed it quickly, but the impresion was set in my mind. I know this is supposed to be a third world country, but I expect better for my dollar.Not just the repainting of the floors which seemed like an ongoing process. The cleaning staff is very friendly, and nice. The pool is quiet and warm, lots more seniors here, which was nice. The aquaducts? Are you kidding? They serve NO PURPOSE. They are pointless, and to market them is silly. I don't think I noticed them for the first week.
So this place, as of now, is ranked the 8th popular hotel in Mazatlan? I call BS. The place is BASIC AT BEST.
If your gonna book at the El Cid, and you don't have kids, book the marina. If you have kids, book the Castilla. And if you are into frustration book the Granada.
One last thing. I did the El Cid timeshare thing because the girl was from Canada so we figured we'd help her out. It WAS high pressure. But they said that you could sell your timeshare on eBay. That got me thinking. So I checked eBay.......An El Cid timeshare was selling for $96.00 with 4 hours left. Transfer fees were $167.00 maintainance fees were $589.00. All for 155000 points. That is a $30,000.00 discount. Just tell them you are tracking one on eBay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel