As a family of four we have to budget for our yearly trip to Mexico. I managed to get a pretty good deal booking flight and accomodation separately so we took a chance on the Granada. Everything went really well at check in until they took us to a room which was very small. They immediately opened a door adjacent to this when we declined the first room and we were presented with a very big two bathroom suite with a king size bed and a twin plus a full kitchen. It was really dated but clean so we moved in. It became apparent the first night as to why we were offered the bigger room since it overlooked the water treatment/laundry facility and the turbines/generators ran 24/7. Very noisy but we made the best of it.
The pool next to the el Patio restaurant was a nice alternative to the bigger pool across the street but not much chance of poolside service. The bigger pool has great service to your spot on the beach or by the pool so no complaints there. Service overall was excellent.
The downfall of the resort is the food quality and the attempts to sort guests with different colour bracelets. On cruise ship days, the guests who are paying are served first. Some items like tuna sandwichs are extra charge depending on what colour your bracelet is. It seemed we could only get hamburgers for lunch. The all-inclusive is a waste of time since most of the food was inedible. The buffet and ala cartes were equally disgusting. One exception was the awesome food at the sushi restaurant. The food there was amazing and the service was great. Still, you can't eat japanese food 7 nights in a row. Maybe try offering less choice and concentrate on doing a few things really well rather than lots of stuff really bad. Kudos to the staff though for good service with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel